A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nasser Altorki:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nasser Altorki is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nasser Altorki, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Barrett Esophagus
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Pulmonary Coin Lesion
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Altorki graduated from University Of Cairo. He has 14 awards.
Dr. Altorki has 15 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- Sound Shore Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Altorki accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 4 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 4 plans
- Evercare - 8 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- Anthem - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nasser K. Altorki practice?
Dr. Nasser Altorki practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Cardiovascular Disease near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Flushing, NY and New Rochelle, NY.
See New York Surgeons, New York Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and New York Cardiologists.