Dr. Natalie Bene, MD
Board Certified Dermatologist, Fellowship Trained Mohs Surgeon

3.0

Aug 20th, 2016

Went for adult acne (55) gave me samples of new lotion, worked great, went to get filled cream prescribed was denied by insurance. When I called back and said I was denied they said they can't waste staff time trying to get insurance to cover RX. So they have something that they make that I can buy over the counter, did not work. Went to regular Dr. explained my problem with this dermo and she went to bat and got approved. Took 5 minutes! Never going back.

Rachel Young blood, NP show details Rachel Young blood, NP
Aug 17th, 2016

I had been having a lot of hair loss and scaling and flaking on my scalp. I went to Hershey med to see a doctor and got brushed off and given a list of thing to go out an buy with no definite diagnosis. I was upset and annoyed after that visit so I searched for another doctor. NP Youngblood did a biopsy on my scalp to get to the bottom of the problem. I left my appointment feeling better and knowing what was wrong and how to treat it instead of having more questions and no answers. Her assistant also has the same problem as me and made me feel reassured that my scalp would get better. It was a great experience and I highly recommend them to anyone in need of Dermatology!

Excellent experience show details Excellent experience
by Rae on Aug 17th, 2016

I went to Dr Bene for Botox. It was the first time I have ever done anything like this. I was nervous especially about not looking like me. She explained the procedure and that the goal was to look natural. Enhance my beauty. I didn't feel any of the injections and thru the whole time she kept asking me how I was doing. It looked great afterwards. More than pleased with the results.

From nervous to magnificent! show details From nervous to magnificent!
Aug 16th, 2016

I was extremely nervois regarding my appointment for a spot on my forehead, at my age my skin has been through the ringer. As I entered I was reassured by the awesome front desk staff( who could tell I was nervous), that I was in good hands. The provider I saw was comforting and informative as to all steps involved in the biopsy of my spot. She advised how to care for the biopsy site, and to when to expect to hear about the results. 5 days letter I received a wonderful call from an informative nurse with my biopsy results and a sigh of relief to find out it was just a normal growth that could be completely removed with none invasive cryotherapy procedure. 2 weeks later. Gone! I feel beautiful again. They are wonderful and geniuine. Going back for some pampering. Spread the word. They are awesome!

My rash has resolved show details My rash has resolved
Aug 16th, 2016

I went here and saw a nurse practioner for a rash i have had for several months. My primary doctor was unable to help me and referred me to a dermatologist. The office was clean and nicely decorated. The staff was awesome. I felt very comfortable. I followed the plan they gave me for two weeks and my rash is gone. Thank you all

Wonderful service show details Wonderful service
Aug 16th, 2016

I went here for botox on my forehead. I love the results. Next im booking a facial and a laser treatment. Everybody should go here

Happy Patient show details Happy Patient
Aug 16th, 2016

I came to this office as a new patient for my acne that I had for years but have not been able to keep well controlled. I saw the nurse practitioner and she was wonderful. She was nice, on time and very knowledgable. She gave me some samples of moisturizers and Epiduo and explained how I should use them and when I should be using them. The nurse practitioner then proceeded to explain to me about how my Epiduo would be sent to an online speciality pharmacy and that I shouldn't have to pay more than 40 dollars and they have had good success with the speciality pharmacy. I also want to say that the Medical Assistance was amazing to and super friendly!!!! I would 100 percent recommend this practice to all of my family and friends!

getting younger every day show details getting younger every day
Aug 16th, 2016

i went in for a consultation about their cosmetic products. They were all very informative and friendly. I love the products that I am using. I see a difference already. Neocutis is fantastic

Exceptional experience show details Exceptional experience
by Happy patient on Aug 13th, 2016

I was excited to go to my first appointment since some of my family members go here and love it. The front desk is so pleasant and the office is very knowledgeable. The doctor took her time and explained everything about my condition. Took the time to listen to my concerns. I was also able to find out about their cosmetic procedures. I then had what they call a micropeel done and it was the best decision ever. After 1 treatment it has made such a drastic change in the appearance of my skin on my face. I would suggest everyone go and check this place out!!! Nothing bad to say about anything I have experienced the 3 times I have been there. A in my book!!!

by Lisa Altland on Aug 11th, 2016

Dr . Bene explains eventing very well and makes me feel very comfortable at my appointments

Best dermatologist in the York area show details Best dermatologist in the York area
May 19th, 2016

Wonderful service, went to see Dr. Bene for skin cancer on my nose: surgery was done very well, timely follow-up. Dr. Bene and her staff were very courteous and caring. Scheduling appointments was easily done via phone with one of their friendly receptionists. Would highly recommend for all skin-related issues.

Patient show details Patient
by Lesa on May 15th, 2016

I really really like Dr. Bene.

Scary experience show details Scary experience
by DSM on Feb 19th, 2016

My experience with the office staff was awful and similar to Jaded's review. They didn't act responsible nor could that dark haired front desk lady answer many questions for me and she has a smart and dumb act that she puts on for show. I sat there and watched her go through phases of polite to down right rude and her appearance reminds me of the female involved in the San Bernardino attacker, Tashfeen Malik to be precise. She and a nurse gave me the creeps and I'm not ever going back

Lack of accountability show details Lack of accountability
by Jaded on Feb 17th, 2016

Doctor Natalie knows dermatology well and I found her beauty and accent charming but that's where the accolades end as her staff is destroying her practice. 1st off, the receptionist, whose name starts with "K", acts like a 45 year old teenager, with absolutely no accountability other then to keep her posh desk job so, she must be related to the doctor in some way. When asked for my complete billing with CPT and diagnoses codes so I could file with my insurance something that they wouldn't, I was given something incomplete that didn't help me at all with filing as It didn't have the codes or physician tax id number. The billing specialist was present when she printed out what amounted to a billing record but I didn't know any better and left. I also owed a balance which I found out when I got home so she was really 'out to lunch' that day or wanted to make my life miserable but you would have thought that the billing professional would have told her what to print up for me since she was standing there watching. Oh, and another thing, I showed up for my followup appointment, only to be told by MS 'K' that she had no record of one for me and to possibly come back the following week. I did have an appointment card for that day but who brings that to their appointment as I've never encountered such incompetence in all my life! I don't recommend them to anyone, especially if you are prone to depression because you will only get more depressed dealing with these people, regardless of the doctors experience. The staff really make a difference and I really don't have but one encounter with that Dr Natalie Bene.

by Joy K on Nov 4th, 2015

I went to see her for minor surgery, and for follow up visits after the surgery I was charged an office visit. Any other physician that I saw for follow up was free of charge. She claimed since I took up her time, it is considered an office visit.

May 14th, 2015

Excellent dermatology office. Would recommend to everyone!

Very pleased show details Very pleased
by Carinna on Mar 3rd, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Bene for 3 years now and I could be happier with the results. My first few visits were for possible skin cancer removal but recently I decided to have Botox to take care of some fine lines. The results were amazing and I am looking forward to my next visit.

NEVER going back! show details NEVER going back!
by Amanda on Dec 4th, 2013

I took my son to Dr. Bene for his skin rash (mollescum) to hopefully get it cleared up, after being told by his pediatrician that there was nothing that could be done for it. To say I am completely unsatisfied would be a grave understatement. We have now been back three different times, all for the same thing, and all three times were seen by another doctor in the practice, NOT Dr. Bene. Not that it matters, though, because she has no bedside manner and she's very difficult to understand. My son's skin is now worse than when we began seeing this dermatologist, and I'm stuck with a hefty bill..all for nothing. I am so angry. I would NEVER reccommend this practice to anyone.

Aug 19th, 2012

Staff was rude and unprofessional. Physician assistant was in a hurry and felt like she was annoyed by my questions. Will not go back.

very satisfied show details very satisfied
Jan 26th, 2012

Dr. Bene and staff were very friendly, attentive and caring. I was totally satisfied with the service. Would definitely go back again.

Sep 20th, 2011

Dr. Bene and her staff made me feel relaxed and cared about. Dr. Bene explained the procedure and made the experiance easy to deal with. I will send my friends to her and feel confident they will find this practice to their liking.

Exceptionally rude show details Exceptionally rude
Jun 26th, 2011

Summary: My first appointment was for 9 AM. Dr. Bene didn't get to me until 11 AM. Dr. Bene yelled at ME when I told her I was "upset" about her lateness.(Why did I stay so long? Staff told me every 20 minutes or so that the doctor would be right with me.)When Dr. Bene and her physician's assistant met me for the first time at 11 AM, she said simply, "How are you doing?" No apology or anything for being two hours late.I told her politely but firmly, "Doctor, to be honest, I'm upset that I had to wait 2 hours for you. I'm very late for work now." Her physician's assistant looked shocked at Dr. Bene's response: Dr. Bene began to yell at me! "Well then! I would be happy to transfer you!" she yelled.I said, "The only other dermatology clinic is backed up for months... All I'm saying is I would have appreciated notice that you would be late. I could have gone to work and come in later."She brusquely prescribed me Accutane and stormed out.I couldn't believe how rudely Dr. Bene treated me. This was the worst customer service experience of my life; certainly no doctor has treated me this way before or since.I will never go back.

very happy show details very happy
Jun 20th, 2011

i've been seeing this doctor for several years and have no complaints. her front office staff is very professional and helpful. her nurses are personable and very good at explaining things. the doctor herself is brusque but pleasant and very good at what she does. it is a busy practice but certainly better than these reviews lead you to believe

Dec 13th, 2010

I would not recommend this dermatolgist. I went in for a mole check and acne issues. I waited for at least 40 minutes. Maybe 20 minutes in the waiting room and then, the worst, I waited for about 20 min. with a gown on in the room. Then, when she did get there, she hardly had introduced herself before just scoping my body for moles. She didn't get a brighter light out, just looked at my body briefly. I pointed out the moles I thought looked strange and she biopsied those. Then, while she was taking the biopsy she asked me questions about acne, which this being the first biopsy I've had, I could not answer or think at all while she was doing this. She handed me some pamphlet to buy an acne kit they sell there and gave me a sample of some other sort of topical and a prescription for it, not telling me anything about the medication at all. I didn't get a chance to really ask any questions, nor did I get any feeling that she cared whatsoever about me or my problems with acne I've struggled with my whole life. If I am going to sacrifice the time to see the doctor, shouldn't the doctor sacrifice the time to spend with the patient? Not impressed, will be switching doctors ASAP.

RN, wife of surgeon show details RN, wife of surgeon
Nov 19th, 2010

SHe is VERY overbooked, and VERY fast, but is extremely accurate if you don't need someone to give you warm fuzzies.

my visit to Dr Bene show details my visit to Dr Bene
Oct 18th, 2010

Dr. Bene is a little lacking in a great bedside manner, however, she has an outstanding understanding of dermatology and diseases of the skin. while she came off as "matter of fact" or perhaps "brusque" i appreciate her oddness because she is highly focused and does her work well.

Wouldn't recommend! show details Wouldn't recommend!
Jun 23rd, 2010

Horror story - I had a funny spot on my head after a nice honeymoon in Mexico and Dr. Bene was covered by our insurance. The initial scrape test was okay but came back suspicious. I was told that it should be removed by a "simple outpatient procedure" and that I didn't need anyone to drive me home or go to the office with me. I was thinking the removal would be much like that of the scrape test...They did not give me any insight until I arrived for the procedure and was sitting the the chair! I was then told that I would be getting stitches and that some of my scalp hair was going to be removed!! I've never had ANY kind of procedure done before, especially not one that required stitches...I was totally freaked out when I saw how large of a piece she was removing. The WORST part was the lack of professionalism! They just laid me back and numbed me up, then cut me open while I could feel blood pouring down the back of my head and pooling in my hair... I was so mortified! After she was done stitching me up they had no way to clean the blood out of my hair! They didn't even make me move my hair to the side or pull it back, so my hair was one big block of tangled blood! One of the office assistants asked me to walk over to a tiny sink and bend over to rinse my hair (so all the blood came rushing to my head - great for fresh stitches!) and even then they couldn't do anything... Then she gave me a Rx for a pain killer but said I wouldn't need it for a while. I was so distraught I just wanted to get home and thought I'd ask my husband to fill the Rx for me later. By the time I got home I was in sooo much pain all I could do was curl up into a ball and scream. My husband had to come home from work early to get me the Rx. It was THE SINGLE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I felt like I was sent to some cheap discount chop-shop.

Rushed and Intrusive show details Rushed and Intrusive
by K. on Nov 3rd, 2009

I wish I had checked out this site earlier; I should have been even more alerted when I had first called to make the appointment. The receptionist that answered the phone acted and sounded as though she was someone's teenage daughter. Super unprofessional and clueless. I really thought it was a small practice and perhaps the doctor's daughter was covering the phones while the receptionist was out to lunch. After the long waiting room time, I was ushered into the exam room and told to undress and put the nightgown on for a routine mole check. A few minutes later Dr. Bene came in withOUT knocking as I was trying to get the thing on. I thought that was very rude. I'm quite a modest person and it just got worse from there. There was an assistant in the room and the Doctor began looking me over and pulling at my bra and panties with roughness and invasiveness. It was quite uncomfortable. She was hurried and offered no verbal warning as to where she was going next. I just felt like a piece of meat. The assistant was nice and sensitive, it was the doctor that was gruff.

do not go here show details do not go here
by Morgan on May 26th, 2009

This place was a nightmare, i should have bolted out the front door when i noticed the gaudy fountain in the corner.I waited over an hour in a dressing gown in a dirty waiting room. The trash and biological waste looked as if it hadn't been taken out in a weeks time. The floor looked like it hadn't been swept.After an uncomfortable hour alone and half naked in a hospital gown I was greeted by Dr. Bene who was more concerned about the few pimples on my face than the actual skin problem that causes me great pain.She shoved two prescriptions into my hand and left.Save your money go to someone who sees you as a person, not a paycheck.

anonymous show details anonymous
Apr 6th, 2009

This whole experience was a nightmare! This "doctor" didn't want to hear a word i had to say.Gave me a "Band-Aid" for my problem, told me to come back in 2 weeks. For what, another Band-Aid? NO THANKS! I'm traveling 30 miles from home instead to see a REAL Dermatologist. Don't waste your time, this "doctor" and her staff is a cruel joke!

Mar 4th, 2009

The overall experience was a disappointment the staff was short with me and the Doctor was well in no short terms sucked;the doctors demeanor was inexcusable

Jan 25th, 2009

Don't go to this so called doctor.