Dermatologists

Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center
2300 Pleasant Valley Rd
York, PA 17402
717-755-4422
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  Great disappointment  |  show details
by Morton C. Feder, Jr.. on Jun 15th, 2014

In early May of 2014, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Bene for May 14, 2014 When I originally made the appointment, I said I wanted to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bene on May 14, 2014, and the appointment was made. I did not receive a reminder about my appoinhtment, so I called the day before my appointment (May 13, 2014) to confirm that I had an appointment with Dr. Bene on May 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM. When my wife and I arrived for my appointment on May 14, 2014, I was told by the receptionist that my appointment would be with a nurse practitioner and not with Dr. Bene. I was told that Dr. Bene only sees new patients on Thrusday afternoons. When I questioned why I was not informed I would not be seeing Dr. Bene, two women behind the desk told me they usually tell patients about this. Quite frankly, I do not believe what I was told, because the receptionist who originally schedule my appointment did not tell me I would not be seeing Dr. Bene, and when I called to confirm my appointment, I was again not told that I would not be seeing Dr. Bene. I told the two women behind the desk that I did not want to keep my appointment. I also told them I thought Dr. Bene's practice of bait and switch was standard operating practice and I believe this is unethical conduct. I never expected such an obvious bait and switch scheme to be perpetrated by a physician. I will never recommend Dr. Bene.

|  NEVER going back!  |  show details
by Amanda on Dec 4th, 2013

I took my son to Dr. Bene for his skin rash (mollescum) to hopefully get it cleared up, after being told by his pediatrician that there was nothing that could be done for it. To say I am completely unsatisfied would be a grave understatement. We have now been back three different times, all for the same thing, and all three times were seen by another doctor in the practice, NOT Dr. Bene. Not that it matters, though, because she has no bedside manner and she's very difficult to understand. My son's skin is now worse than when we began seeing this dermatologist, and I'm stuck with a hefty bill..all for nothing. I am so angry. I would NEVER reccommend this practice to anyone.

|  Worst doctor experience ever  |  show details
May 14th, 2013

I saw Dr Bene for a period of time after I moved to the area with no other options following just getting through melanoma. Dr Bene's office was the most disorganized business I have ever witnessed and one time didn't have my appt on the schedule. I saw her about a dozen times and each time I would block half a day because I knew I would be at least 2 hrs. I finally stopped seeing her after a atypical mole excision which left me with the most atrocious scar.... It looks like I got surgery in a back alley somewhere. My current dermatologist is appalled ever time I see her. If any one comments just leave an email and I would be glad to send a pic. After leaving her office I requested my records which after 3 requests I had to go in person only to find they could only locate my partial file. My current dermatologist called them herself to get the files found which after several seeks they did. For other patients sake I hope things have improved. This has irritated me for a while and I decided to leave a review after this came up from a web search for current doctors in the area.

|  The Lord sent me to a great Dr.  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

I went to 3 others dermatologists only Dr. Bene, found the cancer. I worried about this same area for 4 yrs. Thank God for Dr. Bene. Thanks again, Chris Wise

Aug 19th, 2012

Staff was rude and unprofessional. Physician assistant was in a hurry and felt like she was annoyed by my questions. Will not go back.

|  very satisfied  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2012

Dr. Bene and staff were very friendly, attentive and caring. I was totally satisfied with the service. Would definitely go back again.

|  joke of a doctor  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

I would never see this doctor, she is always looking to make a quick buck. Her english is very hard to understand and she has no personality ot bedside manor. If you need a dermatologist I suggest you look somewhere else!!

Sep 20th, 2011

Dr. Bene and her staff made me feel relaxed and cared about. Dr. Bene explained the procedure and made the experiance easy to deal with. I will send my friends to her and feel confident they will find this practice to their liking.

|  Exceptionally rude  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2011

Summary: My first appointment was for 9 AM. Dr. Bene didn't get to me until 11 AM. Dr. Bene yelled at ME when I told her I was "upset" about her lateness.(Why did I stay so long? Staff told me every 20 minutes or so that the doctor would be right with me.)When Dr. Bene and her physician's assistant met me for the first time at 11 AM, she said simply, "How are you doing?" No apology or anything for being two hours late.I told her politely but firmly, "Doctor, to be honest, I'm upset that I had to wait 2 hours for you. I'm very late for work now." Her physician's assistant looked shocked at Dr. Bene's response: Dr. Bene began to yell at me! "Well then! I would be happy to transfer you!" she yelled.I said, "The only other dermatology clinic is backed up for months... All I'm saying is I would have appreciated notice that you would be late. I could have gone to work and come in later."She brusquely prescribed me Accutane and stormed out.I couldn't believe how rudely Dr. Bene treated me. This was the worst customer service experience of my life; certainly no doctor has treated me this way before or since.I will never go back.

|  very happy  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

i've been seeing this doctor for several years and have no complaints. her front office staff is very professional and helpful. her nurses are personable and very good at explaining things. the doctor herself is brusque but pleasant and very good at what she does. it is a busy practice but certainly better than these reviews lead you to believe

Dec 13th, 2010

I would not recommend this dermatolgist. I went in for a mole check and acne issues. I waited for at least 40 minutes. Maybe 20 minutes in the waiting room and then, the worst, I waited for about 20 min. with a gown on in the room. Then, when she did get there, she hardly had introduced herself before just scoping my body for moles. She didn't get a brighter light out, just looked at my body briefly. I pointed out the moles I thought looked strange and she biopsied those. Then, while she was taking the biopsy she asked me questions about acne, which this being the first biopsy I've had, I could not answer or think at all while she was doing this. She handed me some pamphlet to buy an acne kit they sell there and gave me a sample of some other sort of topical and a prescription for it, not telling me anything about the medication at all. I didn't get a chance to really ask any questions, nor did I get any feeling that she cared whatsoever about me or my problems with acne I've struggled with my whole life. If I am going to sacrifice the time to see the doctor, shouldn't the doctor sacrifice the time to spend with the patient? Not impressed, will be switching doctors ASAP.

|  RN, wife of surgeon  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2010

SHe is VERY overbooked, and VERY fast, but is extremely accurate if you don't need someone to give you warm fuzzies.

|  my visit to Dr Bene  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2010

Dr. Bene is a little lacking in a great bedside manner, however, she has an outstanding understanding of dermatology and diseases of the skin. while she came off as "matter of fact" or perhaps "brusque" i appreciate her oddness because she is highly focused and does her work well.

|  Wouldn't recommend!  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2010

Horror story - I had a funny spot on my head after a nice honeymoon in Mexico and Dr. Bene was covered by our insurance. The initial scrape test was okay but came back suspicious. I was told that it should be removed by a "simple outpatient procedure" and that I didn't need anyone to drive me home or go to the office with me. I was thinking the removal would be much like that of the scrape test...They did not give me any insight until I arrived for the procedure and was sitting the the chair! I was then told that I would be getting stitches and that some of my scalp hair was going to be removed!! I've never had ANY kind of procedure done before, especially not one that required stitches...I was totally freaked out when I saw how large of a piece she was removing. The WORST part was the lack of professionalism! They just laid me back and numbed me up, then cut me open while I could feel blood pouring down the back of my head and pooling in my hair... I was so mortified! After she was done stitching me up they had no way to clean the blood out of my hair! They didn't even make me move my hair to the side or pull it back, so my hair was one big block of tangled blood! One of the office assistants asked me to walk over to a tiny sink and bend over to rinse my hair (so all the blood came rushing to my head - great for fresh stitches!) and even then they couldn't do anything... Then she gave me a Rx for a pain killer but said I wouldn't need it for a while. I was so distraught I just wanted to get home and thought I'd ask my husband to fill the Rx for me later. By the time I got home I was in sooo much pain all I could do was curl up into a ball and scream. My husband had to come home from work early to get me the Rx. It was THE SINGLE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I felt like I was sent to some cheap discount chop-shop.

|  Rushed and Intrusive  |  show details
by K. on Nov 3rd, 2009

I wish I had checked out this site earlier; I should have been even more alerted when I had first called to make the appointment. The receptionist that answered the phone acted and sounded as though she was someone's teenage daughter. Super unprofessional and clueless. I really thought it was a small practice and perhaps the doctor's daughter was covering the phones while the receptionist was out to lunch. After the long waiting room time, I was ushered into the exam room and told to undress and put the nightgown on for a routine mole check. A few minutes later Dr. Bene came in withOUT knocking as I was trying to get the thing on. I thought that was very rude. I'm quite a modest person and it just got worse from there. There was an assistant in the room and the Doctor began looking me over and pulling at my bra and panties with roughness and invasiveness. It was quite uncomfortable. She was hurried and offered no verbal warning as to where she was going next. I just felt like a piece of meat. The assistant was nice and sensitive, it was the doctor that was gruff.

|  do not go here  |  show details
by Morgan on May 26th, 2009

This place was a nightmare, i should have bolted out the front door when i noticed the gaudy fountain in the corner.I waited over an hour in a dressing gown in a dirty waiting room. The trash and biological waste looked as if it hadn't been taken out in a weeks time. The floor looked like it hadn't been swept.After an uncomfortable hour alone and half naked in a hospital gown I was greeted by Dr. Bene who was more concerned about the few pimples on my face than the actual skin problem that causes me great pain.She shoved two prescriptions into my hand and left.Save your money go to someone who sees you as a person, not a paycheck.

|  anonymous  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2009

This whole experience was a nightmare! This "doctor" didn't want to hear a word i had to say.Gave me a "Band-Aid" for my problem, told me to come back in 2 weeks. For what, another Band-Aid? NO THANKS! I'm traveling 30 miles from home instead to see a REAL Dermatologist. Don't waste your time, this "doctor" and her staff is a cruel joke!

Mar 4th, 2009

The overall experience was a disappointment the staff was short with me and the Doctor was well in no short terms sucked;the doctors demeanor was inexcusable

Jan 25th, 2009

Don't go to this so called doctor.