Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 27th, 2012

Avery is an Angel that has saved two of my favorite family members lives. I have never had a better doctor in my life.

Accurate diagnosis; effective fix in Summer of '08. Still OK show details Accurate diagnosis; effective fix in Summer of '08. Still OK
Jan 19th, 2012

Would recommend if you suffer at L-4/L5.Tom Jones, Pine AZ

Sep 21st, 2011

Second fusion and Dr is great. Spent plenty of time with me and spouse to assure I was comfortable with my options and best course of treatment. I have recommended him to friends amid will do so again.Staff is slow at times to respond with information. That is my only criticism.

Best Neurosurgeon in Arizona show details Best Neurosurgeon in Arizona
Jan 17th, 2011

I've gone thru 2 surgeries with Dr. Avery, he does a superior job, he's very dedicated to his patients and has extreme care for his patients, before, during and after. His knowledge in his field is "state of the arts", up on all the latest technology therefore giving his patients the best care there is. You will not find a better surgeon than Dr. Avery!

Sep 25th, 2010

Dr Avery properly diagonosed my problem and fixed it immediately. I had a short wait to get onto his "docket" but I needed that time to prepare for the recovery time. While in the hospital, he visited me daily to be sure I was receiving the care I needed, which I was. Even during the worst snow storm in their history, he still managed to see me daily. His staff is always helpful and take care of whatever my needs are. I would and HAVE highly recommended him to those who might need his services.

RE STAFF BEING THE PROBLEM show details RE STAFF BEING THE PROBLEM
May 18th, 2009

The problem is Dr. Avery's very obnoxious staff. They have driven away many patients. I am still trying to decide if keeping Dr. Avery is worth it. His staff is exceedingly obnoxious and it is a mystery to me that he tolerates it. But he does. He won't act against his abusive staff and for this reason you may want to seek another qualified neurosurgeon.