A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nathan Bass:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nathan Bass is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Bass
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Bass Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nathan Bass, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Intrahepatic Cholestasis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Kidney Failure (Hepatorenal Syndrome)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Biliary)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Bass graduated from University Of Cape Town. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Bass has 1 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nathan Michael Bass MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Nathan M. Bass practice?
- Dr. Nathan Bass has 1 office location.
Dr. Nathan Bass practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Internists and San Francisco Gastroenterologists.