Dr. Nathan Leigh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

April 13th, 2016
Simply amazing...exceptional surgeon and great bedside manner!
I have had two procedures done by Dr. Leigh. He is not only an exceptionally skilled surgeon but he also has an amazing bedside manner - both in pre-op consults and post-op reviews. I interviewed several surgeons before selecting Dr. Leigh and I knew almost immediately he was the one. He knows his stuff, he understands women, he will not do something (no matter how much we want it) if it isn't a good idea. I trust him completely and love his personality too. I am so thrilled both with my outcome but the entire experience with Dr. Leigh. I just can't rave enough about him. If you're interviewing surgeons....make sure Dr. Leigh is one of them!

October 23rd, 2015
Nose job and septoplasty
I totally agree with Marina, I had a terrible experience with Nathan Leigh. Please do not do your nose with him, specially if you need a revision. You will safe thousand of dollars, years later and I ended up with my nose perforated and I had to go overseas to fix it. I hope nobody goes through the nightmare Marina and I are going through. He did the same remove too much of my septum. In summary, it was a complete disaster.

June 15th, 2015
Surgical Procedures by Dr. Nathan Leigh
I lost quite a bit of weight due to bariatric surgery in 2011. Dr. Leigh was the third surgeon I consulted with based on a recommendation from a co-worker. Each and everyone in his office is above "professional and caring". Dr. Leigh is one of the best. He went through every procedure. I've had the following procedures done with great success and very little discomfort: 1st Surgery: Breast Lift/Reduction, Tummy tuck, Arms 2nd Surgery: Medial Thigh Lift, Butt Lift I couldn't be happier and have had other doctors comment that the scars are hardly visible and they procedures look good. One of the things I remember most apart from the great end result and everyone in the office is when he walked into the operating room and held my hand until I fell asleep - that is quite the personal touch of a professional. I couldn't be happier. My follow-up visits went very well and I even sent him some questions via his e-mail and he answered those right away. He alleviated any fears I may have had. I hope he's still around when I go in for a "face lift" in a few years. Couldn't recommend him more highly.

March 27th, 2015
Dr. Leigh Does an awesome job! Very kind and thorough. I would recommend him to anyone. You won't be disappointed .

March 20th, 2015
I went to Dr Leigh for primary rhinoplasty. I have always wanted to improve the apearance of my nose. And this is the worst decision I have ever made. I had very bad experience and very bad surgery outcome. To me a good outcome for surgeries like rhino is when you new nose looks better that the old one, even if it is not completely what you wanted . My nose looks worse that my original nose. I came to Dr Leigh for the septoplasty initially, because my nose was slightly crooked and I had breathing problems. After some thinking I decide to have rhino at the same time and remo9ve the bump. I have told Dr Leigh multiple times I do not want much done to my nose, exept for septoplasty part that will straighten it and removing bump. I agreed to have my nostrils lowered because that is what he said I would benefit from, due to my nostrils being a little flared. He used computer simulation to show me how it will look and I thought it would be fine. What horror did I face when after the surgery I looked in the mirror and could see almost the enitre inside of my nose. My nostrils were so raised up that it almost looked like a piggy nose. after the swelling has subsided my tip looked pinched and crooked, there was less bump seen on a profile but my frron view was horrible, still crooked, still cannot breath, he took so much cartilage out of my tip that it looks piched and now it starts to droop. On top of that they tried to overcharge me . I was told that insurance will reimburse the medical portion of the surgery which was septoplasty. I was told I still had to pay the whole amount 2 weeks prior to the surgery and later insurance will reimburse me. Well after the surgery couple months have passed before I finally called them and said whether or not they claimed my insurance for medical portion of the sugery. Turned out noone did. So they claimed my insurance after my multiple phone calls and when insurance returned money to them they refused to pay it back to me. I had to go through another headche of dealing with my insurance sending all the papers with quotes and payment that I did , when they finally sent me a check. Dr Leigh does not care to listen to what you are saying to him, he think my nose looks good, and I wish I could place a picture here but do not see how . the only thing he cares is how to make more money which would be ok as long as he would provide a good outcome. Well now I am consulting another doctor and facing another surgery with another septoplasty, graft and complete reshaping of my nose. not only another surgery but another great expense , another thousands of dollars. I do not recomend him. I do believe some patiets were happy after the procedure with him, but I also think he can mess up a lot .

June 5th, 2014
Awesome
Dr. Leigh is a very smart and skilled Plastic Surgeon. I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and body contouring. I am very happy with my decision to do this and if I ever wanted to do anything else I would choose him instantly!

January 2nd, 2014
I had a total body lift about eight years ago done by Dr. Leigh and nearly died from it. I was severely dehydrated and lost a lot of fluids. I had subsequent emergency room trips to the hospital and received a blood transfusion in the ER about four days post surgery. I suffered from post traumatic stress disorder following these complications. It was the most horrifying event I have ever been through in my life. The fact that my procedures were not done in a hospital and in their own private procedure room is unbelievable to me. Beware of having anything done in their facility and be prepared to sign your life away.

December 16th, 2013
So pleased with my breast reduction
I honestly could not be happier with my breast reduction performed Dr. Leigh. He exceeded my highest expectations. He is an outstandingly gifted surgeon. Great experience from start to finish,

November 24th, 2013
Mommy Makeover and then some...
Where do I even begin.... my journey started 6 years ago after i had my first child. It was pretty clear to me that I would be one of those "lucky ones" that would need some work done after my baby makin' days were over. i knew i wanted more children so I put the thought in the back of my mind for a few more years and 2 babies later:)My husband and i were blessed with 3 beautiful babies and I would not trade them for the world! But always being a person who has taken great pride in my body, always staying active and in great shape, i had to get that confidence back again.. some way, somehow. i was 120 pounds and to other people i looked "perfect" in my clothes, but no one had a clue what i was hiding under them! i had breast fed for over 3 years so i had absolutely nothing but saggy breast tissue, a herniated belly button that would show through clothes if i didn't hide it, a ton of stretch marks above and below my bellybutton, and loose saggy skin in my lower abdominal region. shopping was a nightmare because i would CONSTANTLY have to try and find things to hide what was causing me so much embarrassment. yes, i was embarrassed to be in my own skin. my husband and i have always had a great intimate life but it was even affecting that. i didn't feel like myself. i was hiding inside a body that was not made for me. i was always terrified that my shirt would come up and people would know my "secret" of my body not being perfect like everyone had thought. i struggled with this EVERY single day for 6 years. when my youngest was 9 months old, i said enough was enough. i had to get my life back. with sooo much support from my husband, closest friends and family, i started my search for the perfect surgeon. i had heard about Dr.Leigh through a friend and thought i would go in a see what i thought. i had VERY specific expectations and i guess you could call me a "high maintenance" patient because i was so specific and absolutely terrified to take this plunge! was i doing the right thing? was i being selfish? what if something goes wrong? the thoughts consumed my every waking moment that it almost felt like an obsession! i did endless hours of research on the procedures, different doctors and testimonials etc. i had met with a couple other surgeons before Dr.Leigh and i actually thought i had found one.. until i shook Dr.Leigh's hand. it was within minutes that i knew he was "the one". he told me what his vision was for me before i said a word and his expectations were even better than mine. the scar positioning, the breast size etc. i then met with "Anne" who is their financial gal and she sealed the deal for me. she took the time to explain everything, talked about other patients experiences with Dr.Leigh and assured me he was the BEST. she also told me they do at least 10 tummy tucks a week so it was comforting to know how second hand this "mommy makeover" surgery really was to Dr.Leigh and his staff. she also informed me that Dr.Leigh was appearing on the show "the doctors" which obviously says alot if he was chosen out of thousands of surgeons to appear on the show, on national television, due to his expertise! i also feared the anesthesia more than anything so Anne took it upon herself to go and get "Al" who is their top anesthesiologist. he took time to meet me, to talk me through things. it was no question he knew what he was doing. i had that "feeling" that i could confidently, literally, put my life in his hands. i scheduled my surgery that day and left absolutely thrilled and could not wait til surgery day. i prayed about this many times a day and it was made so clear to me in different ways that i was making the right decision. surgery day arrived and we made our 2 hour commute from Wisconsin to the surgery center. i had cried myself to sleep the night before and i was a ball of nerves that morning! i had my husband and best friend by my side. i filled out paperwork, got dressed, met with Dr.Leigh a final time to do my markings and met with Al who made me soo comfortable, he felt like a dad to me. the nurse i had "lindsey" was FANTASTIC. extremely supportive and kind. they all just felt like family. i got on the table, had some brief small talk when suddenly i realized Dr.Leigh had slipped his hand under my blanket and put my hand in his. he looked me in the eyes and said i was going to do great. all my nerves were gone at that moment. he saw me as a person, not just a body... i was ready, he went to work....3 hours later i woke up with absolutely no nausea and i felt amazing. my nurse i had in recovery was absolutely amazing, so funny, so helpful and knowledgeable...Dr.Leigh popped in to make sure i was doing ok and assured me surgery went beautifully. i went to the hotel, watched some movies, played cards, ate a couple meals..felt like just another day;)had a follow up the next morning and everything looked great! i couldn't believe i had gone through with this! recovery was tough, but manageable. i had alot of help with my kids which made recovery go smoothly. i went back a few different times for follow up visits which was always enjoyable as Dr.Leigh kept everything as layed back as possible, cracking jokes etc. he carries himself with so much confidence, i just kept trusting him and doing what he told me to do. his nurse Heather was always available to me when i needed her and was always such a joy to be around and i loved getting to know the little i did about her! Dr.Leigh was also always available for me to personally email with questions or concerns which was awesome since i couldn't just pick up and stop in to see him anytime i wanted due to being 2 hours away. i really feel so honored and so blessed to have met a man of such professionalism and amazing handiwork. so here i am today, almost exactly 4 months post op and could not be happier with my results. i feel like myself again! i can buy the clothes i want and even some i never could before i had kids but now that i have these big perky breasts, it makes shopping even more fun!;)which by the way, Dr.Leigh encouraged me to go bigger and he was TOTALLY right. he knows his stuff, just have trust! my intimacy with my husband is back to how it once was when we were 18! the thoughts of disgust in myself are completely gone and i now feel like i am living in the body, i always felt i should be in. thank you Dr.Leigh for taking time out of your life to make mine better and for giving me a confidence i thought was gone forever. A huge round of applause to your entire staff for being as great as you all are. it all starts at the first phone call. i will always refer friends and family to this team. you will NOT be disappointed!!!

May 14th, 2013
The Best Doctor!!!!!
I had Breast Augmentation done with Dr.Leigh, and he is the best! I am only 3 weeks post op and I love the results!!!! My recovery was great! and my incision is so tiny, I can barely see it (axillary incision). I had 3 consultation with other surgeons prior to Dr. Leigh, and I am so glad I chose him, it was the best decision in my life ! He is an amazing doctor ! Thank you Dr.Leigh!

February 28th, 2013
Breast Augmentation
I consulted with a number of physicians and knew immediately that Dr Leigh was the correct surgeon for my breast augmentation. I couldn't be happier with the results. If you live in the Twin Cities Dr Leigh at Edina Plastic Surgery is the best in the Metro.

November 18th, 2012
Great dr
I was very uncomfortable with the thought of being naked in front of a male dr but dr Leigh made me feel at ease. I had a breast lift and saline implants and couldn't be happier with the results. Anyone seeking surgery must consult with dr leigh