Dr. Nathaniel Lowen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 18th, 2015
md
Dr. Lowen dramatically changed my life for the better. I had terrible incapacitating pain from a herniated cervical disk that affected my quality of life to the point that I thought I would need surgery. He was extremely compassionate and he knew just what to do. He gave me an injection that I swear, cured me!.. I only needed 1 injection (I cancelled the appointment for the second injection) and have been pain free now for almost a year. He is a godsend and a truly gifted physician. I owe my great quality of life to this wonderful man.

March 16th, 2015
Great Surgeon, unprofessional receptionist
Dr Lowen and his PAs were excellent, the front reception however, was terrible. My experience was dealing with continuous problems with one receptionist in particular. From denying I had scheduled appointments to mysterious wrong times for appointments to cancellation of appointments booked 6 weeks in advance to voicemail messages for PA's never being recieved topped of with unacceptable rudeness both in person and on the phone. Dr Lowen is the best surgeon I could find for the procedure I needed and that is the only reason I continued to go to this office. Of course I brought it up to him & the office manager but still I had issues almost every single time I had to go in there.

March 2nd, 2014
The surgeon for KYPHOPLASTY
KYPHOPLASTY - If you have a compression fracture of the vertebra (spine), see Dr. Lowen ASAP. The sooner you go after a fracture, the more chance that it can be fixed. I was at another doctor's office and he learned I had an untreated compression fracture and he texted Dr. Lowen about me. A staff person call back in a few minutes and tell me to come to his office immediately. Dr. Lowen made time to review my records despite a busy waiting room and then did the procedure that same day in his immaculate O.R. right there in his office. It took perhaps 20 minutes for the procedure. Other spine surgeons had refused to give me a kyphoplasty and told me I just had to accept several months of pain, wear a bulky and uncomfortable body brace and live with the kyphosis (curvature of the spine) that follows a collapsed vertebra. I believe that they don't have Dr. Lowen's skills and experience with kyphoplasty. He restored the full height of my 3 week old fractured vertebra and gave me rapid pain relief that improved over the next few days. I am able to stand taller now. His office is quite busy and you may have to wait but he is worth it. He is very skillful and I found his personality to professional, kind and patient as he explained my situation to me. If you have a fairly recent vertebral fracture, don't accept that you have to live with it and all of the consequences that follow. Dr. Lowen has done over 3000 of these procedures, more than almost anyone in the US, and he does it with great efficiency and precision along with 2 others in the room who assist him. I found the office staff to be friendly and helpful. I am very grateful to Dr. Lowen and his staff for what they did for me.

February 26th, 2014
Very arrogant and full of himself.

October 5th, 2011
the doctor hit a nerve during an epidural procedure. His associate told me to take an ambulance to the hospital. Dr. Lowen has NEVER returned my call on this matter and he never initiated a call. I believe the doctor to be insensitive, unprofessional, a disgrace. More interested in churning pateints then in their wellbeing.

July 12th, 2010
Excellant Doctor.Trained at the best schools.Cold personality.Nice nurses.Office factory like.Will go back as I am impressed with the Doctor and his diagnoses.

June 11th, 2017