Dr. Nathaniel Robin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 21st, 2015
Dr. Robin's exam was short and he didn't perform the diagnostic criteria established to diagnose or exclude the genetic disorder(s) for which I specifically went to UAB. He didn't take the time to discuss the different complications of the genetic disorder except for the overtly obvious. Dr. Robin seemed clueless to the fact the pain is common, severe and associated with functional impairment with the genetic disorder. He instructed me to, "take an acetaminophen if I was going to overdo my activities." Such a statement just reinforced my belief that Dr. Robin had true no understanding of the genetic disorder and certainly no connection with the patients with that disorder with whom he was diagnosing. If I wanted the simpleton's diagnosis like I received from Dr. Robin, I'd have saved the travel time and $$$ and asked my family physician to read a published paper on the matter then diagnose me.

August 19th, 2015
While he did spend time with me, he failed to address my concerns and didn't seem to provide specific answers to any of my questions. My mother and I came in to be evaluated for a connective tissue disorder and have the symptoms treated (or referred to another doctor who could). When I brought up how the pain had been difficult to treat and has significantly affected my quality of life, he stated that he "didn't believe in antidepressants" and that my pain was "all in my head," even though I've had surgeries as a result of the disorder. I then asked what he felt I should do next, he basically said don't worry about it. I left the office in tears, with no answers.