Dr. Nathaniel Tindel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nathaniel Tindel?

June 4th, 2017

Incredible service and medical care!

I was in horrific pain from degenerative disc disease (neck) and pinched nerve. I had been to see 2 other doctors and after meds & epidural steroid injections, nothing helped and I was referred to Dr. Tindel. He saw me that same day, and a week later I was in surgery. I've suffered from this for 10+ yrs, with 4 episodes during that time. This last one was intolerable & excruciating pain. Don't think the surgery was a "quick fix". It was necessary & welcomed by me. Dr. Tindel's office team took care of all the paperwork & insurance certifications quickly & efficiently. The surgery was a great success. I awoke without the neck and arm pain. Of course pain from the small incision and in the back of my neck was expected and I took pain meds. The numbness and tingling in my fingers & hand will take time and I am hopeful will fade. Dr. Tindel is a marvel. In this day and age of insurance issues, factory hospitals and 15 min. office visits, he was a much needed breath of fresh (& competent) air! He spent time with me explaining my diagnosis & prognosis. He stopped by the hospital and even called me at home on the weekend to check in. I would highly recommend him.

June 1st, 2017

Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon

You will not be disappointed in the help and diagnosis of this Dr.Tindel. He is caring and very compassionate about his patients. Highly recommended.

May 23rd, 2017

My daughter got surgery last July. Dr. Tinder did an excellent job! Very professional.

November 18th, 2016

I went to Dr. Tindel for a second opinion after I was scheduled for a fusion laminectomy. He examined me, listened to my symptoms, looked at my X-rays and MRIs and gave me the pros and cons for my particular condition. He was kind, funny, accessible and honest. He did not recommend surgery for me and suggested what i could do for pain relief. A surgeon who recommends against surgery is a rare specimen! I was impressed by his keen evaluation of my personal situation, relieved to not undergo a surgery that might have caused more problems than it would solve. He gave me a copy of his book, "I've Got Your Back," which I have found both clearly written and honest. I owe him a huge debt for saving me from a complex surgical procedure that might have given some temporary relief but might have necessitated more follow-up surgery. In my one brief visit, I found his office efficient, his staff very friendly. I am very glad I found Dr. Tindel before it was too late.

July 5th, 2016

I would never, ever recommend this physician to anyone. After trying anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, and two epidural steroid injections, I consulted with Dr. Tindel about having surgery on my herniated cervical disc. What a mistake. Halfway through our consultation, Dr. Tindel advised me that physical pain "has a large psychiatric component." And despite my trying all of the aforementioned treatments (PT, meds, ESIs) over the course of ~1 year, Dr. Tindel recommended I "just be patient," and continue waiting things out. When I told Dr. Tindel how much (prescribed) medication I was taking, he made patronizing remarks like, "that sure is A LOT of pain you're having" -- his clear intimation being that I was over-medicating and/or exaggerating the severity of my symptoms. I went elsewhere immediately. Further testing and evaluation showed a clear reason for my physical pain and neurological symptoms. One month later I had surgery with a neurosurgeon at Cornell. At eight weeks post-op I was 100% pain free and off any/all medications. The structural, physical problem in my neck was fully corrected by this other physician's surgical intervention. Had I followed Dr. Tindel's strategy - the 'just wait it out/the pain is in your head' approach - I'm certain I'd still be in an immense amount pain with permanent nerve damage. I write this review in hopes it might help other patients Dr. Tindel gives the "pain has a large psychiatric component" speech to. If you're genuinely ill or injured and a physician like Dr. Tindel erroneously assumes you're fabricating your illness/injury because of some nonexistent psychiatric issue, please seek out another opinion and pursue other treatment options. The bottom line: Dr. Tindel's assumptions about my condition were both insensitive and offensive, but more importantly, they were wrong.

February 10th, 2016

Dr. Tindel gave me my life back. I was living with excruciating back pain for 11 years. I'd been to more doctors than I could count. I was resigned to the fact that I would have to live with the pain forever. I was deathly afraid of surgery because of all the horror stories I'd heard. As soon as I met Dr. Tindel I knew he was not like all the other Orthopedic doctors I had seen prior. He was thoughtful, patient and thorough. I felt completely at ease because he explained everything to me so that I could understand what was actually going on with my back. He ordered all the proper tests and finally at age 31 I was told why my back was so bad, IT WAS FRACTURED. For 11 years no one ordered the correct tests. I broke it when I was very young and it never healed properly. Dr. Tindel suggested a multi-level spinal fusion to correct my injury and 28 days after my surgery I was back to work and back to LIVING. He is an amazing surgeon. From start to finish he's a true professional. He's staff is OUTSTANDING they made scheduling a breeze and kept me up to date on everything I needed to know. I am so grateful to them all. Thank you Dr. Tindel : )

July 25th, 2015

Dr. Tindel is the ideal surgeon - a brilliant, capable man who loves to fix things, with a genuine and likeable down-to-earth personality. I would send my mother to him, he is head and shoulders above the rest. His heart is in his work, he cares, and will do the right thing by you.

December 14th, 2014

Not many Doctors take the time to be part of their patient's process. Dr. Tindel does. I came to the Dr with an acute state an in need of surgery, whether I liked it or not. Have tried other stuff for years. Telling a patient they need surgery, let alone explaining the entire process of why, how it's going to work, and what type of recovery is to be expected, are all hard things to do. You wouldn't know it if you were Dr. Tindel's patient. I highly recommend him as a Surgeon, and Doctor. His office staff are all part of the deal. The nicest, most helpful staff you will ever come across in a Doctor's office. You will think you are in some dreamy movie when dealing with them, till you remember that this is how you wish all your Doctor's offices would run.

September 16th, 2014

One of the most, kind, gentle and caring doctors I have ever met. After examining me, we went into his office where my MRI was on the screen. He explained to me the anatomy and physiology of my problem of almost 50 years. He was very patient explaining to me in layman's words that I could easily understand. I asked about success/failure rates and told me 65% success 35% failure and added 100% of patients have complications. What an honest opinion. I have in the past run away from surgeons who claim to have 99.99% success rate for a very difficult surgical procedure. I admire his candor, honesty and the way I was treaty

May 7th, 2014

Increadible Doctor

This man is what every doctor should be. Dr. Tindel was referred to me by my sports medicine doctor when my disc herniation went from bad to acute. My sports doc said: I send my family to him. That's huge. Dr. Tindel was thorough, kind, patient, conservative and skilled. He explained that the majority of back surgeries were unnecessary but in I needed one. My follow up care was unbelievable. He even called me on Thanksgiving to get my recovery update. Recently I had a flare up and was thankful that I had a team in place. This time Dr. Tindel stated that he wanted to keep me out of surgery for as long as my issue would allow. Six weeks later and though I am not pain free, I am significantly better. Good call. Not only is Dr. Tindel fantastic but his office staff is stellar. Annie is kind, funny, diligent and so good at what she does. I feel so fortunate to call Dr. Tindel my back doc. I recommend him to everyone with back problems. I feel like I am gushing, but he's that good. He truly is the best.

December 9th, 2013

God Bless him. Highly recommend him he performed a back surgery in 2005, due to car accident, after God he safed my life. Dont think twice he is an awesome doctor. Love him so much. May the almigthy God continue blessing him with his knowledge.

July 24th, 2013

I can't find words to adequately describe my fabulous experience with Dr. Tindel, and extraordinary surgeon and wonderful human being. Dr. Tindel gave me back my extremely active life style pain free. I suffered for close to 20 years. My condition continued to worsen. I consulted with numerous physicians, tried every form of treatment. The consensus was that even with an extensive operation, to be followed by a long period of rehabilitation, a successful outcome might not occur. The quality of my life was becoming unbearable. Fortunately, I was told by two surgeons, that Dr. Tindel possessed "golden hands". My recovery was very, very rapid. Between walking on the treadmill and the city streets I cover 6-10 miles a day painlessly. Dr. Tindel treats his patients concerns and physical problems with great respect and kindness and is always available with his caring manner. Thank you Dr. Tindel for the miracle you performed.