A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nauman Akhtar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nauman Akhtar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhtar graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Akhtar has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Inova Loudon Hospital Center, Lansdowne
- Inova Loudoun Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nauman Jawaid Akhtar MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 7 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Nauman J. Akhtar practice?
- Dr. Nauman Akhtar has 1 office location.
Dr. Nauman Akhtar practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Leesburg, VA.
See Leesburg Surgeons.