A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nauman Akhtar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nauman Akhtar is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akhtar
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Akhtar Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhtar graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Akhtar has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Inova Loudon Hospital Center, Lansdowne
- Inova Loudoun Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nauman J Akhtar MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 8 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Nauman J. Akhtar practice?
- Dr. Nauman Akhtar has 2 office locations.
Dr. Nauman Akhtar practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Leesburg, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Point Of Rocks, MD.
See Leesburg Surgeons.