Dr. Nauman Akhtar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

September 26th, 2016
Skilled, caring, compassionate
Excellent surgeon, brlliant, compassionate, really listens to patient concerns

September 2nd, 2016
Doesn't want to clean up his mistakes
When a doctor puts a nickel knee replacement in your body when you are allergic to nickel and then doesn't even try to clean up his mistake I would call that incompetent.

June 4th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon!
Dr. Akhtar is an excellent surgeon!! He used state of the art techniques to perform a partial knee replacement and even got me back to playing sports!

February 19th, 2016
Dr Akhtar and his staff are great!

February 19th, 2016
Dr. Akhtar performed a total hip replacement for me about 4 years ago. He was a pleasure to work with. Helped me to feel at ease, took all the time I needed to explain the procedure to me. Great follow-up after the surgery. And for the first time in 8 years I was pain free.

High class physician
My son had a GREAT experience with Dr. Akhtar and his staff! He was very informative with us and with my son about his break. The waiting room time wasn't bad at all. High class physician, I would definitely recommend him and his staff.

February 19th, 2016
I found Dr. Akhtar to be very helpful and kind. I went to see him for a knee injury, which ended up not being too serious thankfully, but he offered me great advice for ways to speed up the healing. I sent my husband to him as well, and he received the same treatment. I would highly recommend Dr. Akhtar.

February 6th, 2016
Poor aftercare and follow up patient care
This doctor left me in 3 years of agony because he refused to do the proper follow up and after the surgery failed, he refused to make it right, since then I found out that I had a tumor (neuroma) in my knee, he told me it was all in my head. I have had 2 surgeries to fix the damage.

July 6th, 2015
Wrong diagnosis
I went to see Dr. Akhtar for heel pain. He only spent about 5 minutes with me and told me everything's fine just do more stretching or change a new pair of shoes. Then he just sent me away. Turned out I had Achilles enthesiopathy. Dr. Akhtar was just too busy to care.

April 19th, 2015
He left me crippled
After a partial knee replacement he forced me to keep the bandages on for over 5 weeks, which left me crippled. Then he said that it was all in my head. I know that scar tissue forms quickly and he promised after care which I never received. Thank God I am know convinced it is not in my head and see a new orthopedist to fix his mess. I feel that he has little regard for you post surgically. I would never recommend him to anyone.

October 1st, 2014
Very Good doctor, Very supportive staff

December 4th, 2013
Nobody cares about the patient
If you go, expect to wait at least 45 minutes. First appointment, the assistant told me the doctor was delayed 45 minutes due to traffic, but the doctor said he had simply been at lunch with his family. I got what felt like a cursory exam and a diagnosis of a torn meniscus. What was described on the Internet as "the standard test" for diagnosing this (a manipulation of the leg) wasn't done, but an MRI was ordered. When I came back several weeks after the MRI, the assistant didn't know whether they had the MRI or not. I sat in the exam room for 50 minutes before leaving. I don't think they noticed I was gone for another 40 minutes (90 minutes after my appointment time), as that was when I had a voice mail from the assistant asking what had happened. When I called later to ask about getting copies of my xrays/records/MRI to take to another doctor, I was told by the receptionist that 45 minutes was the "standard wait time", to which I responded it was just plain rude to have people consistently wait like that.