Dr. Nauman Akhtar MD Patient Reviews

February 8th, 2017
Anxious to do surgery even when you don't need it. He left me crippled at age 54 and laughed.
Do yourself a favor and don't get near this doctor, he put the wrong knee in me in a big hurry and I was terrible allergic to the nickel, he never tried to help after he was paid. Insensitive, greedy and a disgrace to his field.

February 8th, 2017
This doctor is not only to quick to give you an implant, if you have problems with it afterward he calls you crazy.
This so called doctor stuck a knee replacement in me when I was way too young to not try even one cortisone injection. I am left crippled now because he put the wrong knee in. I've have 3 more surgeries and another implant to try to fix his damage. Please don't make the same mistake I did, don t go to this incompetant doctor who cares about$$$first!

September 26th, 2016
Skilled, caring, compassionate
Excellent surgeon, brlliant, compassionate, really listens to patient concerns

September 2nd, 2016
Doesn't want to clean up his mistakes
When a doctor puts a nickel knee replacement in your body when you are allergic to nickel and then doesn't even try to clean up his mistake I would call that incompetent.

June 4th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon!
Dr. Akhtar is an excellent surgeon!! He used state of the art techniques to perform a partial knee replacement and even got me back to playing sports!

February 19th, 2016
Dr Akhtar and his staff are great!

February 19th, 2016
Dr. Akhtar performed a total hip replacement for me about 4 years ago. He was a pleasure to work with. Helped me to feel at ease, took all the time I needed to explain the procedure to me. Great follow-up after the surgery. And for the first time in 8 years I was pain free.

High class physician
My son had a GREAT experience with Dr. Akhtar and his staff! He was very informative with us and with my son about his break. The waiting room time wasn't bad at all. High class physician, I would definitely recommend him and his staff.

February 19th, 2016
I found Dr. Akhtar to be very helpful and kind. I went to see him for a knee injury, which ended up not being too serious thankfully, but he offered me great advice for ways to speed up the healing. I sent my husband to him as well, and he received the same treatment. I would highly recommend Dr. Akhtar.

February 6th, 2016
Poor aftercare and follow up patient care
This doctor left me in 3 years of agony because he refused to do the proper follow up and after the surgery failed, he refused to make it right, since then I found out that I had a tumor (neuroma) in my knee, he told me it was all in my head. I have had 2 surgeries to fix the damage.

July 6th, 2015
Wrong diagnosis
I went to see Dr. Akhtar for heel pain. He only spent about 5 minutes with me and told me everything's fine just do more stretching or change a new pair of shoes. Then he just sent me away. Turned out I had Achilles enthesiopathy. Dr. Akhtar was just too busy to care.

April 19th, 2015
He left me crippled
After a partial knee replacement he forced me to keep the bandages on for over 5 weeks, which left me crippled. Then he said that it was all in my head. I know that scar tissue forms quickly and he promised after care which I never received. Thank God I am know convinced it is not in my head and see a new orthopedist to fix his mess. I feel that he has little regard for you post surgically. I would never recommend him to anyone.