Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
by Paul T on Jun 12th, 2016

Dr. Sethi is a gifted surgeon who performed spine disk surgery on my neck and completely fixed my pain and limited mobility. He graciously spent time and explained everything in detail.

by Rachel G. on May 26th, 2016

Dr. Sethi gave me my life back! Had severe back pain for years - co-worker recommended him and I am now 4 months post surgery and have zero back pain!! Dr. Sethi is amazing - great bedside manner!!

Mar 7th, 2016

Excellent surgeon

Feb 23rd, 2016

I am very pleased with Dr. Sethi. His knowledge and compassion has made me feel at ease with my decisions.

Recommend show details Recommend
Jan 19th, 2016

I was very pleased with my visit to this doctor for back pain. My symptoms were checked and double-checked by each staff member I came into contact with: nurse, X-ray tech, physician's assistant, then Dr. Sethi. No one rushed. I felt thoroughly evaluated. All of my questions and concerns were answered in a pleasant and respectful manner.

Dec 18th, 2015

I have several issues with my back. I visited Dr. Sethi; however, I would like to try options that does not involved surgery. He was totally uninterested and spent, at most, 2 minutes with me. Did not want to explain anything to me or discuss my problem. He took an xray and stated in about half a dozen words what my problem was, then that was it. After reading many reviews, I have come to the conclusion that only those people who have surgery performed with Dr. Sethi seems content with him. All others seem to give him one star, as I have to do.

Nov 5th, 2015

Dr Sethi operated on my back and I am out of pain and able to live a normal life. He was very professional but at the same time answered all my questions so everything was clear to me.

Oct 15th, 2015

Dr sethi is very good at his job and has a good patient manner

Pain Relief show details Pain Relief
Aug 29th, 2015

I was a bit hesitant having spinal surgery done but had no option as my pain was not getting any better with any other treatment. I am so glad that I finally had Dr. Sethi perform the outpatient surgery on me. I wish I had only done it sooner! Kudos to his whole team!

by Yvette Johnson on Jan 23rd, 2015

The best care provided to me by Dr. Sethi and his staff!

Aug 7th, 2014

Dr. Sethi and his team were great. He explained everything very clearly in simple terms with models and my neck surgery went great. He did it using a very small incision and I was done as an outpatient. I have already recommended him to my friends and colleagues. Thank you Dr. Sethi!

Jan 29th, 2014

This Doctor isn't compasionate at all. Very Rude. Does not explain anything. He just stared at the Patient. At first tell you, You need a surgery to get your money. Then He just Dont even visit you at the hospital. He send another Person, God knows who, to just go to your room and run away when you asked questions after that severe pain. After The surgery, Dr. Sethy does not like complaints. He expect you to be a 100 % perfect like the Football player " Peyton Manning". If you are not a 100%, He say He doesn't know what you have.

Fantastic Experiences show details Fantastic Experiences
by SRC on Jan 15th, 2014

Dr. Sethi has been patient and started from least invasive to surgical treatments as appropriate. At the same time, he calls it as he sees it and has a great knowledge in his field. Some may find it abrupt, I appreciate he doesn't waste time with it may be this, it may be that. Since he performed a spinal fusion on me I have never again had sciatic nerve pain (the issue was connected). I am going round three with him for a totally different problem and am so grateful he has a handle on it. Their record keeping is stellar and he is able to show me comparisons of xrays over several years time so I can see it. He uses lots of models and posters to explain things clearly from the very first appt. I love that the xrays can be taken right there too.

What are these people talking about??? show details What are these people talking about???
by Debbie D on Dec 18th, 2013

I don't understand the reviews I read below. Dr. Sethi was great during all 3 of my appointments. Very professional and informative. He is going to do my surgery next month and I can't wait to get rid of this pain!

Bad experience, Rude, abrupt. show details Bad experience, Rude, abrupt.
by Joneses on Nov 12th, 2013

Dr. Sethi was rude and hard to communicate with. He seemed to only want to screen us for a situation that would qualify for surgery. Once he determined we were not a good surgery candidate he lost all interest. He only looked at our MRI scan. I had to insist he read and respond to the radiologist report. After he abruptly left we had to rely on staff associates to answer our questions. We would never go back to Dr. Sethi nor recommend him to any one. He maybe a good surgeon but if he does not gain my trust in the office he will never operate on me or my family.

Horrible experience with rude uncaring doctor show details Horrible experience with rude uncaring doctor
Oct 10th, 2013

Seeing Dr. Sethi was a complete waste of time, as he answered most of my questions with "I don't know" or a shrug of the shoulders. When I asked him specific questions about a report he had ordered, he became angry and left the room. I didn't realize he had no intention of coming back until I was given a copy of my x-rays by an assistant. I asked that he return, and when he did, he stated that he would not go over the results of the report he had ordered with me as that was not his specialty. I simply wanted to understand what it meant. He was rude and dismissive and had no interest is helping me understand my health problem. I would never see this doctor again and only wish that I had seen these reviews before I too was traumatized by his unprofessional manner and complete disregard for me as his patient.

Jul 10th, 2013

I am so glad to have seen him. I saw a few other specialists and none were able to cure my pain but Dr. Sethi did one injection and my pain went away! So relieved. I have never ever written a review before but am so ecstatic now I just had to!

Patient show details Patient
Jul 9th, 2013

My experience with Navinder Sethi was the the worst I have ever had with any physician. After an hour in the exam room, I asked one of the staff who was lingering outside my door with apparently nothing to do, how much longer it would be. Sethi was actually there (it was my first visit), but said nothing to me. No apology for keeping me waiting, no acknowledgement that he was the physician, not contact at all. A moment later he came in to the room and I asked him why it was that an appointment had been made for 2:15 and yet I had not been seen by him an hour later. He immediately became angry and said that if I was going to complain then he wouldn't see me--I don't remember the exact words. He made a large cross on the paper he had on his clipboard and said he wasn't going to see me but that he could recommend someone else and that I would get my co-pay back. I said that I had been waiting an hour, and he repeated that he wouldn't see me. He had kept the door open so that everyone else could hear. I was angry, shocked and humiliated. As I was walking away I turned and said, "f you." His response, "Yeah? When?" I told him he was disgusting and that he would be hearing from me. Obviously I wasn't going to stay around to wait for a referral or my co-pay. I shouldn't have said what I did. His response was completely unprofessional, and shocking, As a physician, he is required by the Hippocratic oath to care for patients. Instead, he verbally abused me. He should be ashamed of this behavior and I hope that action will be taken so that this doesn't happen with other patients.

Jun 29th, 2013

Dr. Sethi seemed completely disinterested in my symptoms. When questioned he continuously responded, "I don't know" which was frustrating. I had already been waiting 45 minutes before I saw him and then to have such a coldhearted and uncaring reaction to the pain I've been in put me in tears as I was leaving. I would never go see him again. He has absolutely no compassion for his patients.

Jun 13th, 2013

Excellent surgeon. I woke up and all my neck and arm pain was gone. Very excited!!!

Really knows his stuff show details Really knows his stuff
by Dianne G on Feb 5th, 2013

Dr. Sethi is a true expert on neck issues. I am now 2 weeks after neck surgery, and my progress so far has been remarkable. Dr. Sethi is a real professional, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who was having problems with his/her neck or spine.

Jun 29th, 2012

Based on the recommendation of a friend, I went and saw Dr. Sethi as a second opinion. I am glad I did. My previous surgeon recommended surgery and Dr. Sethi was able to take care of all of my pain just with an injection. Can't say enough good things about him.

Dr. Navinder Sethi show details Dr. Navinder Sethi
Jun 7th, 2012

He seemed to not care. He seemed not thorough or concerned. The office staff were good , the Physicians assistant seemed to care. Dr. did not care about the issues or complaints of patient.

Had calus deposit on foot (6 months back) show details Had calus deposit on foot (6 months back)
Apr 19th, 2012

Dr Sethi took good time and all went well

Oct 27th, 2011

Dr. Sethi is male. He is a wonderful doctor

Aug 4th, 2011

I was apprehensive about meeting any spine specialist given my neck issues but Dr. Sethi and his staff put me at ease right away. Dr. Sethi's way of explaining my problem made perfect sense to me even though I am not in the medical field. I headed into my appointment thinking I needed surgery based on talking with friends and colleagues but luckily the medication that Dr. Sethi prescribed worked wonders. Would highly recommend him.

Dr. Sethi show details Dr. Sethi
Jul 15th, 2011

Dr. Sethi was dismissive and rude. He seemed very uncomfortable when asked questions and he was not prepared to discuss my problem. He had not reviewed test results. He had no ability to think outside the box and had someone write a prescription incorrectly. He was lacking in compassion and I will not see him again.

Dr, Sethi show details Dr, Sethi
by Anonymous on Jul 15th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Dr. Sethi is dismissive and extremely rude. He might be a fine surgeon, but he lacks any compassion or understanding. He is impatient,difficult to tal ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Likeable Doctor show details Likeable Doctor
Jul 9th, 2011

I had what would be considered a minor medical issue, but I'm the kind of person who has a lot of questions, and he was thorough in his responses. And in addition to being informative, he was likeable and funny. He even asked me if I understood everything when I was on my way out and expressed well wishes. I know someone who has had less than ideal experiences with other doctors at Potomac Valley in Columbia, and I recommended to her that she ask for Dr. Sethi in the future.

Jul 6th, 2011

Dr Sethi was rude and difficult to talk to. He is of the opinion that "he is the doctor and he knows best". Visibly angered when questioned. Totally discounted my pain but at the same time recommends surgery. Two other MD's opinions did not recommend surgery. I do not know about his technical skills (although his diagnostic skills are lacking) but I would not let someone with such a lack of compassion and bedside manner operate on me.

Jun 16th, 2011

Dr. Sethi is a fantastic doctor. My neck surgery went very well and now I am able to do everything like I used to. Can't say enough great things about him. Top notch!!!

Mar 23rd, 2011

Excellent doctor. Explained everything in detail to me and I felt very comfortable heading into my spine surgery. Everything went well and now I am back to work and pain free.

Mar 1st, 2011

Dr. Sethi was very honest with me and told me that I did not need surgery like another doctor had recommended. I trust him which is hard to find in a surgeon and now I send my whole family to him.

Feb 1st, 2011

I visited a few spine surgeons before seeing Dr. Sethi and got his name through a friend of mine who had surgery done by him and is doing great. I am glad I saw him and had my surgery for my low back done by him. All of the pain that I had prior to surgery is gone and I feel a whole lot younger. The staff at Montgomery General is excellent. Now I realize why Dr. Sethi is rated as one of the 50 best spine specialists in America.

Jan 3rd, 2011

De Sethi has no bedside manner. Did not help me with my problem and told me it was very minor and only looked at a MRI and not an X-ray. It is still a problem that I am having with my back and will not go back to him.

Dec 29th, 2010

I had neck surgery done by Dr. Sethi and everything went very well. My pain went away and he and his staff took great care of me.

Technically good, but... show details Technically good, but...
Dec 21st, 2010

I have heard Dr. Sethi is a very good technician, and my surgery went well and the staff & facilities at the specialized unit for spinal patients at Montgomery General were terrific. Dr. Sethi, however, prefers unconcious patients. He has no tolerance for concerns, help with follow-up, family and living considerations or other quality-of-life factors after surgery. His Physician Assistants are left to handle that end, and they have limited authority. If you want any interest in any part of you except your actual orthopedic repair, go elsewhere.

Spinal Patient show details Spinal Patient
by Anonymous on Dec 21st, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Dr. Sethi is considered an excellent technician, and as a surgeon is well-qualified and experienced. The spine unit at Montgomery General is terrific ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Jun 11th, 2010

Barely looked at my charts or looked me in the eye, didn't seem to even want to discuss or treat the problem.

Retired Government Employee show details Retired Government Employee
by Nena Phillips on Apr 19th, 2010

Dr. Sethi took excellent care of me during surgery and afterwards. I recommend him highly.

Spine surgery show details Spine surgery
Sep 16th, 2009

Had spine surgery (neck) and had complete relief of pain from the time I woke up in the recovery room. Would highly recommend.

neck surgery show details neck surgery
Aug 21st, 2009

He is very pleasent Dr. althought I have had nothing but problems since I had neck surgery, I have had several and it still is not corrected, nothing but constant pain and he doesn't have an answer for me. Very Frustrated!!!