Dr. Navtej Tung, MD
Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist, Addiction Medicine Specialist, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  don't waste your time  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2014

Dr. Tung was rude as was his assistant. The receptionist made me sign a paperwork saying i agreed with the drs findings and treatment before i could even go back to be seen. There was a patient in the waiting room demanding pain meds. He was extremely loud and i was very uncomfortable. This place is ghetto fabulous :/ don't waste your time with this place!

|  Look some where else  |  show details
by RG on Aug 22nd, 2014

don't waste ur time

|  Don't waste your time!  |  show details
by Molly D. on Jun 26th, 2014

I have been struggling with interstitial cystitis, a painful bladder condition, for 3 years, and have tried pretty much everything to control and manage my pain. I finally decided that I had no quality of life trying to handle my illness without pain medication, so I saw Dr. Tung. He did not even glance at my medication list, had no interest in my medical history, and gave me a lecture on "learning to live with pain". He then told me how terrible it was to take pain killers, as though my choice is between playing volleyball and taking vicodin. WTH?? It is obvious if you look at my file that I have been avoiding using pain pills for as long as possible. His lecture was extremely inappropriate and condescending. My diagnosed illness is known to cause severe chronic pain, and he basically told me to walk it off. Don't waste your time with this doctor.

|  Great  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2013

After 14 years of intense pain I finally have been able to have a some what normal life. Dr. Tung has been very honest and up front with me that my pain is not going to just go away, but it can be controlled by following instructions.

|  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

Dr. Tung is a very knowledgeable and great find. I saw him on '05 and need him again for somethi.g else. I found his bedside manner to be delightful. I was so glad to find him again.

|  He isn't a miracle worker...but he IS a great pain manager  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

Dr. Tung will tell you that everyone has pain AND that you need to learn to deal with it. BUT...he then goes on to work with you via treatments and medications to help you learn to effectively manage your pain. Too many people expect pain specialists can make ALL of their pain go away. That isn't realistic. If you are seeing a pain specialist then you are probably dealing with pain over 8, on a scale of 0-10, daily. Managing your pain so you are at 2 or 3 instead is a realistic goal. I've been a patient for at least 8 years and in that time he has worked diligently to ensure that I have the proper mix of medication to manage my pain. We review it every other month or so and make adjustments as needed. As for the office staff, I find the majority of them to be very courteous and friendly. Occasionally, there will be a new person who doesn't convey those attitudes. But whenever that does happen I also notice that person is no longer on staff when I go for my next appointment.

|  not good for me  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

Dr Tungs philosphy is everyone has pain....deal with it. I was shocked. I've been on morphine and chemo for 6 years and its not because I just want too. He doesn't believe in increasing pain meds. I hurt all the time.

|  good doctor not really proactive  |  show details
by ed on Apr 14th, 2011

this doctors only awnser to pain management was everyone has pain. I was like WTF? then why open a pain management center?

|  show details
Aug 27th, 2010

Doctor seemed very knowledgeable however could not effectively communicate his opinion on treatment recommendations. Left his office feeling very confused.His tone, body language and mannerism was less to be desired.Had 2 visits and will not go back to see him.

|  Office Staff  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2008

Dr. Tung and his associates are wonderful, however, his office staff almost makes it impossible to continue to see Dr. Tung.