Dr. Navtika Desai DO Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Hillsborough, NJ

2.6

March 14th, 2017
Judgmental, too fast, doesn't explain and can't complete procedures
She asked me how long I had symptoms. I said about 10 years. She said "Why are we talking about this if you have had this for 10 years?" REALLY? Her evaluation plan did not make sense and did not give with what my primary doctor told me to expect. She never asked me if I had questions. Then she sent me to the lab in the building to get a special container and they did not know what to do with me because there was no lab order. I'm cancelling my follow-up appointment and booked an appointment unfortunately in June with a doctor that has all 5 star reviews on the web. Good things come to those who wait.

September 15th, 2016
Worst Experience
This is truly the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. Saw me for about 2 minutes (not even) and gave me NO feedback. NOTHING. I have been dealing with a traumatizing issue for 4 years and finally went to an endo for NO compassion, NO answers, and really NO attention. If I could file a complaint that she should not get paid for my visit, I would- but it is more hassle than its worth.

August 26th, 2016
Accurate but in poor taste!
The doctor seems attentive when you first become a patient but as time goes by you spend more time in her waiting room approximately 25 mins and she sees you for about 5 mins. Your questions and concerns seem to fall on deaf ears but she does adjusts your meds to achieve what is considered normal with respect to the numbers.

September 9th, 2015
Fees will be the DEATH of this practice
I literally went to this doctor 3x (Graves Disease Patient) and will never go back! She has a fee for everything and I mean everything! Twice I made appts and when they call to confirm your appt and you try to reschedule,there is a fee for that! They got me twice for that and I told them on the phone that for this, I am never coming back.

March 8th, 2015
Excellent care, concerned and professional

February 6th, 2014
patient
I allowed myself to run out of insulin pump supplies and upon call Medtronics learned that I need a new prescription. That was three days and five attempts to have Dr. Desai's office send it. It is a simple process. Medtronics faxes a request....the doctor signs and dates it....faxes it back and my urgently needed supplies are sent overnight. It has been three days that I have been without an insulin pump. Dangerously unacceptable!

March 20th, 2013
Brisk, prefers to talk down to patients
My experience with Dr. Desai has been that she tends to like things the way she wants them, and isn't willing to discuss alternatives... when questioned about anything she tends to cut you off or deflect the question rather than discuss options - her office also demands payment of co-insurance amounts upfront based on what they "estimate" your bill will be after insurance -- rude front desk staff as well.

October 28th, 2012
Very Friendly
I went there afraid of needing a biopsy per my primary doctor and she made me feel very comfortable. She was very thorough and knowledgeable and even showed me the ultrasound and explained everything. Thank goodness I did not need the biopsy after all but she will follow up with me so I won't have any more fears. She is wonderful and I highly recommend her to all my friends and family.

August 18th, 2010
She can't diagnose a problem and does not look at person as a whole. She tells you one thing one visit and the next visit it's something else. She does not want to deal with blood sugar levels. Appears to be very afraid of getting sued or something. Not accurate and not knowledgeble.