Dr. Nawras Makhsida MD Patient Reviews

4.7
  • 6 reviews

January 25th, 2016
We treasure Dr Makhsida! We wouldn't trade him for the world!! He's thorough, caring, personable, an all-around love!!

April 10th, 2014
Nice Guy, but that is not why you see a Dr.
Dr. Makhsida is a nice guy. Very polite, but to a fault. I'm Diabetic and is why I was seeing him. When I first started, things seemed fine, and here is what is important, he had an excellent assistant. That lasted for a time and the assistant left, for reasons I can possibly consider why, and was replaced with one who was there physically but not there for anything else. She actually acted like she never really wanted to be there. The assistant couldn't keep simple things straight and pay attention to the most basic requests for what she was in charge of. I stuck out with Dr. Makhsida for some time because I didn't want to have to find another Dr.. He seemed very concerned about most things related to me being there, except for my neuropathy. He only checked my feet once during my time with him. The straw that broke the camels back was when the office staff changed my appointment without telling me and claimed they had. They then refused to put me in contact with the Dr. and forced me to schedule an appointment just to let him know I was discontinuing seeing him and to ask him to give me enough prescriptions for my meds so I could find another Dr.. The insurance and myself had to pay for that visit. My wife had a guy from he work ask about who I saw because he was looking for a new Endocronologist, and during their conversation she found out who he was wanting to change from and sure enough it was Dr. Makhsida. Without any of my experience with the Dr. my wife's co-worker had the same complaints about the Dr.'s assistant and the office staff and even said before my wife could say anything, that the staff had changed an appointment on him and didn't notify him of the change but claimed to no end that they did. Dr. Makhsida does try to work with you with medications for most things, in my case anyway, to give care. He doesn't though address some concerns that get stressed. His biggest problem is he allows himself to be surrounded by VERY POOR support staff. If youu choose to see him, good luck to you. I believe you will see what I have said to be true, unless he has changed things. I was very frank with him about my issues with everything when I left and he did take care of my meds for me for a while so I could find another Dr.. I shouldn't have had to make an appointment to get that done. Reasons for why healthcare is so messed up in the U.S..

February 16th, 2013
It's about time!
I am a type 2 diabetic and was in serious trouble with this disease. Mt schedule is stressful and unforgiving so I was not able to pay attention to the problems that I was having . There are very few Endocrinologists in this area to choose from so I was limited and really didn't like most of them because they were routine and by the book. Dr.Makhsida took my life style and work ethics into consideration and made appropriate changes in my drug therapy and showed extreme concern for my health. He is very congenial and listened to me intently. He really cares! Thank You Dr. Makhsida for standing by me and being the finest Endocrinologist I have had the privilege to meet. I place my trust and life in your hands and feel comfortable doing that. Kudos Doctor to you and your staff.

October 10th, 2012
The best thyroid doctor!
I have seen several doctors for my thyroid condition, and took different doses and brands of thyroid medicine.I finally found Dr. Makhsida, and he could normalize my thyroid function test within 2 months.

June 20th, 2012
Does not listen
He is not very informed on the thyroid, if this is what you have issues with this is not the dr. You want.

April 11th, 2012
Fantastic Doctor..
The office is kind and considerate, very organized. Dr. Makhsida takes his time with you and answers your questions fully to where you understand. He has gotten my diabetics and hypothyrodism under super control. Would highly recommend this doctor......and his staff goes far and beyond....