Dr. Nayana Shah MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 17th, 2014
Big pharma pill pusher with ambivalence toward patients
She is a charlatan and nothing more. This woman does not care about your well being or what your history involves. She will push multiple medications on you after hearing about your cliche woes and tumbles-it's just another day in the office for her. She is infuriating to speak to and will lead you down a path of generic survey questions that any mildly astute individual will easily pick up on. Her first course is medication, and her last course is medication. She is part of the problem with the mental healthcare industry in the US.

September 8th, 2014
PILL PUSHER OVERMEDICATES
I've been her patient for 4 years. She never remembers my treatment course and I have to remind her each time. I recently hit a bad spell for the first time in 4 years and she was incredibly hard to reach by phone. She gave me a course of pills that had disastrous results. Then she overmedicated me. Her office staffs never answers the phone during business hours which is odd. She has been a danger to rely on at this time when I was very ill.

October 10th, 2013
Ms.
I have been a patient of Dr. Shah's for 10 years. She has helped me deal with severe depression and anxiety. She is very attentive and listens to her patients. I respect her knowledge and expertise in her practice. I would recommend her to family,friends etc.

November 28th, 2011
Pill Pusher
She's a pill-pusher! She pretty much forced me to try a new medication that I didn't want to try. It was $45 instead of my $10 that worked just fine, and it made me incredibly sick! She will push new medication on you, and it may just be due to the great relationships she has with the pharma reps I always see in her office. In fact she spent time chatting with the Pharma rep before seeing me, even though I had been waiting, showing exactly what her priorities are.

November 18th, 2011
Hours? Non-existent
Their hours are odd, on top of that it's very difficult to get a hold of the receptionist. I wind up calling like a psycho ex to just get through to someone. Leaving a voicemail is a hit and miss when it comes to getting a response back. I left 3 voicemails in a week and nada. Sometimes the receptionist isn't in the office at the time they tell. It'd also be nice of they left their hours either on the door or at least in the voicemail. It's very frustrating and frankly this is my last time coming here. They were good the first couple years but the past 2-3 years it's gone down hill. Don't get me wrong Dr. Shah is a good doctor but seriously this nonsense needs to be fixed. Either your staff is lazy or they just don't care anymore.

October 14th, 2011
Not pleased
Dr Shah doesn't take enough time with her patients to accurately diagnose them. She rushes you in and out. Consequently, I have been prescribed 3 different medications from her, all were unsuccessful, and one of them gave me a "deadly" allergic reaction because she prescribed me a toxic amount in error. Every time I see her, she needs me to remind her what meds I'm taking (that she prescribed to me) and what dose. She can't take a minute to look in my file.

May 20th, 2011
best Dr, very helpful
very nice dr, lots of patience, good listener, helps resolving problems.

December 20th, 2010
Good Doctor
Gave time and listened.

June 10th, 2010
very nice and caring doctor
I saw this Dr for my first time she was excellent, understanding, and was willing to give up the necessary time to fulfill my needs.