Dr. Nazanene Esfandiari MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

October 9th, 2013
Horrible, waste of my time and money -refused to perform any tests!
I was concerned about my inability to lose weight even though I was exercising 5x a week & on a low fat/low cal (1500 a day) diet. This doctor was rude and refused to do any testing. I paid hundreds of dollars for her to belittle me and tell me to eat a low fat/low carb/low sugar diet and only consume 1000 -1300 calories a day. This starvation diet made me gain weight and feel horrible. I ended up unable to continue the diet. A year later I saved up to see a diff specialist about something else & she had my fasting glucose tested. Turns out I'm insulin resistant and needed medication. Dr Esfandiari, as an endocrinologist, should have tested for this, but didn't. So, instead of getting a correct diagnosis I was given a fad diet without realistic expectations. Do NOT trust this woman, she is an idiot.

June 24th, 2011
A Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Esfandiari is a wonderful doctor who exhibits professionalism and dedciation to her career. She is the most caring, trusting and understanding Doctor I have even encountered. Her knowledge and expertise puts patients at ease knowing their health concerns are in her hands. For anyone with thyroid or diabetes concerns, Dr. Esfandiari is the doctor to go to. She truly is a wonderful doctor. Thank you, Dr. Esfandiari.

March 15th, 2010
Professional, effective, respectful, and trustworthy
Dr. Esfandiari is an exceptionally dedicated physician. She always reads my chart thoroughly before any visits, follows up with test results, listens and answers my questions, and always uses the latest and best practices. she is knowledgeable and can always back up her opinions with research and experience.I cannot name another physician that I trust and respect more than Dr. Esfandiari. She is one of the best physicians in the University of Michigan health System. Both my wife and I go to her (driving 1 hour) and I have recommended her to colleagues that have had similar experiences.As a patient, I give her my highest recommendation

January 27th, 2016