Dr. Neal Anzai Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Neal Anzai?

October 13th, 2017

Deals with you directly

He may not tell you what you want to hear,but what you need to hear

February 10th, 2017

Useless

Utterly useless old man

April 8th, 2016

Excellent physician; highest possible praise.

He treated my daughter in intensive outpatient for eating disorder. He is in a large academic-type facility, so don't expect greeting: you have to dial a phone in the lobby til someone gets you in. But that is irrelevant. He is an especially gifted doctor for dealing with a teenage girl in trouble who no one else can help. He has a kind but firm, no no-nonsense, approach. He was the first to keep my daughter from hijacking her own and family therapy with diversions like whimpering, shouting, running away, etc. Don't waste time looking for someone better. If you want your kid back start here - if he can't help I have no idea where to look...and I have spent years on this with my kid and he blows awat all others who tried.

March 31st, 2015

Horrible

Dr Anzai should NOT be allowed to run an eating disorders program. I was forced to go to Alfa bates herrick eating disorder program 3 times and yes.. He made me gain weight by the MASSIVE quantities of food you were forced to eat but every time I left I relapsed and lost all the weight and then some. Not to mention this hospital does NOT monitor electrolyte imbalances at all so I was horrified by the effects of refeeding syndrome which is a FATAL condition. I had such bad edema on top of the weight that was piled on me so quickly I literally could feel the water when I would walk. Not to mention he made me extremely uncomfortable. When I was allowed on passes he would tell me he wanted to see me when I "got all dolled up" and in one of our sessions he told me my sister mom and I "seemed like a lot of fun" .. He keeps people there against there will and if you try to leave he will put you on a psych hold for up to TWO weeks saying you're "mentally unstable" it was a traumatizing experience and I am so thankful I have switched insurance so I get proper care I need! I Remember seeing a girl there that he said had an eating disorder but she really didn't ( I was friends with her) and he wouldn't listen and when she tried to argue back (she was not in any means violent at all) he had her injected with some kind of medication that made her fall asleep and she was strapped to a bed on camera for all patients to see.. I was mortified. Yes, this place will make you gain weight but for me it made me worse off in recovery and I have heard pretty much the same thing from everyone that I've met that has been there. It should be shut down or looked into as to how they are truly treating the patients. The dietian was awful as well almost never met with you and prescribed a ridiculous meal plan that was probably about 5000+ calories. It is unhealthy how fast they make you gain weight without monitoring your health accurately. overall I would never recommend this program to anyone suffering from an eating disorder unless you want to be traumatized for life.

August 11th, 2011

I Miss Dr McKnight! : ( Terrible guy!

Dr Anzai was a terrible doctor. In the little time I got with this man he was very uncaring and totally not interested in what was really at the root of my eating disorder. Just get her weight up and get her out of here, that was the vibe he gave off. He did not help me at all AND was extremely rude to my Psychologist on the phone. It's terrible that he is running the program at Herrick now. Many people suffering from Eating Disorders will continue to suffer because of this guy.

March 10th, 2011

Dr. Anzai made me feel very uncomfortable. I did not feel like he listened to me or my parents.

October 13th, 2009

This man is known for setting up eating disorder programs in hospitals for low overhead with high turnover..virtual puppy-mills of mental health care. Anyone can heal people with the help of nurses in white coats shoving 1000 calorie piles of lard in patients' mouths, with no regard for "feelings" except the consolatory 10mn/wk you do see Anzai. But wait, even then he just wants to talk about how you're going to pay for treatment..

October 8th, 2009

Dr. Anzai is a great doctor. He helped me a lot.

April 6th, 2009

He specializes in eating disorders, but only wants to help you or work with you if you are underweight. He forgets that eating disorders come in all shapes and sizes!

June 27th, 2017