Dr. Neal Davis DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2017
Great doctor and staff
Has been my family doctor for over 14 years. My children now see Dr. Davis and think he's great. I'm never dissapointed and always feel heard. His PA Ann is a great addition. The rest of his staff always welcoming.

July 18th, 2016
Have a number of health issues. Doesn't treat me like I'm stupid. Always concerned about me as a person. For me Dr. Davis was a very good choice.

March 6th, 2016
Excellent
My experience here has been consistently positive. The office is efficient and the staff warm and friendly. Dr. Davis is a concerned and caring doctor who has helped me with some very difficult times with my children, one of whom he delivered 17 years ago. Some other reviews I have read on this site are clearly not what I have experienced in going there for the last 20 years.

October 7th, 2015
If you are thinking about choosing this doctor, think again. You can do better.
This doctor is rude. Barb, the receptionist, is rude as well. The office environment is one that mskes you feel devslued as a human being. Further, this doctor's diagnoses are known to be wrong and he doesn't take symptoms seriously when patients express concerns. You can do better than this doctor!

June 6th, 2015
Incompetent
I am a specialist in a distant community that shared a patient with this man. He never shared notes (were there any?), labs or concerns with me about our patient. I sent him my notes, he questioned my specialty care to the patient, for which he had neither the qualifications or the basis. He was clueless and nasty. Is he angry about being a DO or a family practitioner? His unhappiness harms his patients.

April 29th, 2015
Beware of Barb
This Dr is excellent. He always looks you in the eye, shakes your hand at every visit and makes you feel like you are part of your healthcare team. His assistant Patty is great too. So sweet. They remember you as a person and genuinely care. However, about 60% of the time I call, the number is busy and it takes multiple attempts to make a appointment or speak with someone. The office lady "Barb" is awful. She is rude, unprofessional and has raised her voice on multiple occasions as well as rolled her eyes. That office would be so much more efficient if the staff was as great at the Doctor.

August 2nd, 2014
Drive to Scranton for care instead
I used to go to this doctor and it would be months before I could get an appointment. With my new doctor, I am able to be seen the next day or even on the same day that I call if I am sick. I wish I switched to this other doctor years ago. It would have saved me long wait times and unprofessional staff to deal with at the Neal Davis office. If you live in Carbondale, it's worth the drive to Scranton to get care. Take advantage of the choices you have when it comes to your healthcare. An office in Carbondale might save you gas money, but you can't put a price on your health.

July 11th, 2014
Does not spend enough time with patients...He always seems like he is in a rush to get to the next patient...I have also been misdiagnosed three times. He doesn't read your chart before entering the room. His staff members are very rude. Not prompt at all.

April 8th, 2014
Untruthful comments in smear campaign
There are some very untruthful reviews listed below. Dr. Davis was on the board of directors for Marian Hospital, and he fought to save the hospital right up until the hospital closed, mainly due to the lack of support of two other Carbondale doctors who were and are employed by hospitals in Scranton. When the hospital closed, Dr. Davis was the Chief of Staff. Dr. Davis is a compassionate physician who is dedicated to his patients. You will have a hard time finding a nicer and more accommodating office staff than Dr. Davis'. If you go to another doctor in Carbondale, you are not being treated as good as you would if you went to Dr. Davis. What doctor do you know that offers bibles to his patients in their waiting room? The things said below are simply lies to try and slander this fine doctor. His reputation in our community speaks for itself. Thank you.

March 16th, 2014
I continue to receive excellent care at this office, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a family doctor. The office is busy, and sometimes appointments are hard to get quickly, but I am always attended to with courtesy and professionalism.

November 21st, 2013
Not Recommended
I do not recommend this doctor.

May 31st, 2013
Dr. Neal M. Davis in Carbondale, PA is very unprofessional. This has been exhibited by his tone of voice with patients and is childish nature when making business decisions. He refused to read my blood work results because he "didn't have time." Not having time for a patient is unacceptable. The truth is that he wants his patents to make appointments for every little thing so that he can bill their insurance company. He has a new building and a new assistant, so he is all about money to fund those things. He seeks money at the expense of proper patient care. In addition, his office staff lacks empathy. When I call, they rudely make assumptions and talk over me. There was a time when I needed to get tested for strep throat and the office staff said that they couldn't get an appointment for me until two weeks from the date that I called. This office is plain ridiculous.