Overall Review

October 17th, 2016
I thought he had a terrible bed side manner.

September 22nd, 2014
rushed
Dr. Fischbach is very bright. He is overbooked and will refer you to a nurse practioner without notice. Nuff said?

October 11th, 2012
Knowledgable and Compassionate
We feel blessed that Dr. Fishbach was recommended to us. My husband has 4th stage, inoperable, lung cancer. From the beginning we found him very knowledgable and compassionate He's honest and direct with diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. He answers questions completely and really listens to how your feeling. This guy even gives you his cell number in case you need him and either answers or gets back to you in a few hours at the most. It's comforting to know that he's with you every step of the way. Another big plus is that you can choose to have the chemo right there in his offices and the staff and nurses are wonderful.. I highly recommend Dr. Fishbach.

August 14th, 2012
5-FuckYou
Neil Fishbache never called me after I stopped going to his office for my follow-up Lupron shots; the reason being I had no health insurance at that time. Instead, I only found out these resources were there with no communiocation from him to me. As a registered nurse, I know the significance of teaching side effects of medications, good and bad; its the patients right and its the doctors duty to share this wuth their patients; and we hope, as patients, for the truth. This wasnt the case with me and my treatment. The office staff in Fairfield, especially a rude woman by the name of "Kate" demanded I speak to doctor F., before getting a second copy of my medical record. Dr. F., finds her to be a lovely staff personnal. Regardless, I had stage 3 breast cancer in 2009. the drugs that were used including, but not limited to, Flourauracil, also known as 5-FU, cytotoxin, and taxotere. I am not the same person cognitively as I was when I graduated in 2009 from nursning school. I have been unable to keep a job as a case manager (which requires a sharp mind, good memory skills and recall, these are area of "higher function" and they are located in the frontal and Hippocampus, respectfully. Here's my concern at this point in the game. Not only did Dr. F not call to see "WHY" I havent been in to see him in 1 year, he failed to communicate the devastating long term effects of 5-FU. look it up its been researched and proven to destroy the outer covering of the nerves. Shame on you doctor F. I didnt get "informed consent" about anything, just to say the usual nausea, vomiting, tired, fatiqued. I feel he made his decision with my life and today, I feel something was ripped away from me. And that is my humane right as a patient to know the truth about "what could happen with this drug" I hope who ever reads this understands the impact that my drugs had for me. its been 3 years now since my treatment ended. I am just starting NOW to feel numbing and tingling every day to both my feet and hands!!! And my memory has gotten worse. Im having several test to determine my condition. I only wish he, or his lovely nurses in the fairfield office, would have said: "did doctor F. talk to you in depth regarding the adverse effects of your drugs"? For me, and most patients, I am sure that having this valuable piece of information will give the cancer patient what is known as "Informed Consent". These drugs will enter the brain barrier,as its known, and change the brain chemistry without a doubt; any doctor who says thats not true is full of crap!