Dr. Neal Johnson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Neal Johnson?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Neal Johnson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 3rd, 2017

Never Again

The office: Low end facility and kind of dirty, cluttered pictures on the wall. Carol and Stephanie the infernal receptionists: Snarky, rude, unprofessional. Why these two still have a job I will never know. The infernal nurses: Snarky, rude, unable to listen. Do a half a** job. Dr Johnson: Arrives late. Talks more than he listens...then talks some more. Doesn't actually DO anything. Unethical. Wrote a maintenance prescription then withdrew it after I posted a bad review. UNETHICAL!!! U N E T H I C A L ! ! ! U N E T H I C A L ! ! ! I will never, I mean never go back to this dump. I will do everything in my power to get the word out about this place. How these clowns have so many good reviews is a great mystery, right up there with the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa. Did I mention that the staff were, are and probably will continue to be snarky, rude, unprofessional infernal witches? I'm sure they go over big with the neighborhood kiddies on October 31st but they didn't go over big with me. NEVER AGAIN.

May 28th, 2016

Excelent

Love Dr. Johnson and his staff.

October 8th, 2015

Not going back

How does he have any high reviews?? I just don't understand. Talks on and on without letting you get a word in. Went in for a physical and the only thing done to me was a blood test, cost $3000 and told me I had a rare deficiency processing folic acid....my 2 work mates ended up with the same rare deficiency. Put me on an expensive pill which caused sever depression....did the same to my coworkers. He never did anything else during the physical!! amazing...I can be a doctor too apparently. I would stay away....

April 13th, 2015

Never going back

I've seen him for years and it just gets worse and worse. Some of his activities border on unethical. He's very into prescribing supplements which he SELLS from his office. He PUSHES lab work from a lab that runs all sorts of "tests" - many uncommon and if you google, questionable, that then of course lead to need more supplements. He is arrogant. If you disagree or try to have a conversation with you he treats you like an idiot. When I refused to take a statin for my high cholesterol - note that it was 124, and said I wanted to try diet and exercise first, he told me I was stupid and risking having a stroke!! I want a doctor who works with me to improve my health, not that is interested in improving his bottom line and being an arrogant jerk

March 8th, 2015

Pressure Sales Tactic

I certainly felt pressured by him to use the HDL tests, which I do regret doing since HDL is in a major lawsuit. And the fact he felt bothered and irritated with my many questions about my F*&$ing health results was a clear indication to stay away from this man. I don't know how he was able receive high ratings from other review sites. He should be investigated. Not going bk!

November 10th, 2014

Great doctor!

Dr. Johnson is our primary care physician since 1998 going on 16 years now. He is the best physician we've ever experienced for many reasons: 1. CUSTOMER SERVICE - Dr. Johnson and his staff are detail oriented and very accommodating. We've never had a billing or insurance issue over the past 16 years. His wife Carol runs the office and maintains high level and consistent performance. The nurses are all great, especially Nicole. 2. BEDSIDE MANNER - Dr. Johnson has a great personality. He makes you feel comfortable and is always willing to explain the facts behind the medicine and the diagnosis. 3. METRICS ORIENTED - You know that you are being properly diagnosed because he takes the time to conduct the proper tests and bases his diagnosis on metrics rather than educated guessing which many other physicians tend to do. 4. ORGANIZED - Dr. Johnson has a military background in medicine and I think that accounts for the superior organization and documentation process. He documents history in a way that is easy for him to review and compare results which he takes the time to do when ever appropriate. We should have written this review a long time ago. We are now faced with losing him as our primary care physician. Dr. Johnson joined a nationwide trend prompted by the new healthcare law and entered into an agreement with a concierge service. The service requires that my wife and I pay about $3,600 annually to the service in order to gain access to the doctor. Those who do not, are required to see a nurse practitioner or PA. We were preparing to do this but realized that we have a serious philosophical issue with that new middle man approach. Here is why: a. This is a dangerous trend that will create new classes of medical care which substantially increases the cost of care beyond rising premiums and deductibles. b. The concierge fee in essence raises the maximum annual out-of-pocket costs well beyond that of the currently stipulated deductible and max out-of-pocket provided by our health insurance. c. Absent the concierge fee for doctor access, our insurance carrier would be paying much higher rates for a physician's assistant (PA). The rate charged for seeing a PA should be substantially lower than the rate paid to see a physician. In the legal profession, you pay less to see a paralegal than a you pay to see a lawyer. d. Allowing insurance companies to list a concierge physician as "in-network" does not comply with the stipulated charges and benefits of an in-network provider if a patient must pay thousands more every year just to gain access to that physician. In those cases, the PA should be listed as in-network. Insurance companies should be required to provide full disclosure when stipulating benefits. If you do not have a philosophical issue with the concierge approach, then rest assured that Dr. Johnson is worth every penny. He is worth twice that of any other doctor we've dealt with. My wife and I both give him our highest recommendation without reservation. We will miss him if we are not successful petitioning our health insurance provider to honor their promoted benefits and cover the fee necessary to access Dr. Johnson.

February 15th, 2015