Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Robert B on Nov 10th, 2014

Dr. Johnson is our primary care physician since 1998 going on 16 years now. He is the best physician we've ever experienced for many reasons: 1. CUSTOMER SERVICE - Dr. Johnson and his staff are detail oriented and very accommodating. We've never had a billing or insurance issue over the past 16 years. His wife Carol runs the office and maintains high level and consistent performance. The nurses are all great, especially Nicole. 2. BEDSIDE MANNER - Dr. Johnson has a great personality. He makes you feel comfortable and is always willing to explain the facts behind the medicine and the diagnosis. 3. METRICS ORIENTED - You know that you are being properly diagnosed because he takes the time to conduct the proper tests and bases his diagnosis on metrics rather than educated guessing which many other physicians tend to do. 4. ORGANIZED - Dr. Johnson has a military background in medicine and I think that accounts for the superior organization and documentation process. He documents history in a way that is easy for him to review and compare results which he takes the time to do when ever appropriate. We should have written this review a long time ago. We are now faced with losing him as our primary care physician. Dr. Johnson joined a nationwide trend prompted by the new healthcare law and entered into an agreement with a concierge service. The service requires that my wife and I pay about $3,600 annually to the service in order to gain access to the doctor. Those who do not, are required to see a nurse practitioner or PA. We were preparing to do this but realized that we have a serious philosophical issue with that new middle man approach. Here is why: a. This is a dangerous trend that will create new classes of medical care which substantially increases the cost of care beyond rising premiums and deductibles. b. The concierge fee in essence raises the maximum annual out-of-pocket costs well beyond that of the currently stipulated deductible and max out-of-pocket provided by our health insurance. c. Absent the concierge fee for doctor access, our insurance carrier would be paying much higher rates for a physician's assistant (PA). The rate charged for seeing a PA should be substantially lower than the rate paid to see a physician. In the legal profession, you pay less to see a paralegal than a you pay to see a lawyer. d. Allowing insurance companies to list a concierge physician as "in-network" does not comply with the stipulated charges and benefits of an in-network provider if a patient must pay thousands more every year just to gain access to that physician. In those cases, the PA should be listed as in-network. Insurance companies should be required to provide full disclosure when stipulating benefits. If you do not have a philosophical issue with the concierge approach, then rest assured that Dr. Johnson is worth every penny. He is worth twice that of any other doctor we've dealt with. My wife and I both give him our highest recommendation without reservation. We will miss him if we are not successful petitioning our health insurance provider to honor their promoted benefits and cover the fee necessary to access Dr. Johnson.

|  Editorial review from Citysearch  |  show details
    by christinea1018064775 at Citysearch on Jan 9th, 2013 on citysearch.com

Easy to talk too. Has a good breadth of knowledge.

by Amanda B on Apr 23rd, 2009 on yahoo.com

I've been to him twice and will NEVER go back. He's completely full of himself, he talks more than he listens, he seems angry when I chime in to tell him about any issues I'm having. Unbelievable.

Doctor's Response

I am truly sorry that I was unable to meet the needs of this patient. Patient confidentiality prevents me from discussing anything further about this.

Jul 23rd, 2008 on yahoo.com

I have been going to Dr. Johnson for years. He is the best doctor I have been to. He is very patient oriented. The times I have been without insurance they have always worked with me on payment and have very resonable pricing! I would and do recommend him

Mar 1st, 2008 on yahoo.com

I wouldn't recommend this doc to anyone. Not the worst, but unethically inflated charges on top of getting to nowhere diagnosis.

by hgfff on Feb 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Overall I got bad taste after the visit. Not so good communication. Fees and charges are unjust. Most of the charges were cut out by the insurance company but I still feel bad even paying that much.

|  Not Recommended.  |  show details
    by hgfff at Citysearch on Feb 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

May 7th, 2007 on yahoo.com

disappointing: Flippant and unavailable. Rude receptionist.