Dr. Neal Lawrence MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 16th, 2016
I absolutely love this doctor and his entire staff! I have the pleasure to work with them occasionally as well drawing blood as a fill for their regular phlebotomist, and just an all around great office.

June 15th, 2016
I waited an hour in the room without anyone checking on me, apologizing for the delay, etc. I realize Dr. Lawrence likes to spend time with each patient which is great, however others are waiting. Perhaps another doctor to help see patients is an option or adjusting scheduling of appointments so the patients time is not wasted waiting. I have to drive 45 minutes to see Dr. Lawrence , therefore I must take time off work to drive to his office....and wait an hour after being checked into a room without seeing anyone....then of course drive another 45 minutes back to work. The best solution the nurse could give me is to reschedule. Ha! Appointments are hard to come by and then to waste half my day (without pay and/or results)....no thanks. I will be looking for another doctor which is unfortunate because Lawrence is great and I've seen him for years.

February 15th, 2016
THE CARE DR. LAWRENCE HAS RENDERED ME HAS TRULY IMPROVED MY QUALITY OF LIFE. A WONDERFUL PHYSICIAN WITH A FINE STAFF TO ASSIST HIM.

September 26th, 2015
Wonderful doctor!
I have been a patient of Dr. Lawrence for at least 5 years and he has helped me so much. Yes, the wait can be long, but it is because he has a huge patient load and he takes his time with each patient. He is a caring doctor with wonderful bedside manner.

September 22nd, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Lawrence since he moved to McKinney and if there were a better GP in town would go to them, BUT there isn't. Yes you have to wait, I find the waiting for an hour hard to believe and if you are that inept to sit and not ask whats going on you need to wait all day ! The most I have had to wait is 30 minutes, which isn't bad for a doctors office. The Doctor is thourough, caring and tries to diagnose the problem and I've found treat it with non-pharmaceuticals if possible. I get a lot of things from Mike's Health Collection. Overall, this doctor gets a 4+, would give him a 5 if I could get his cell number :)

March 14th, 2015
Outstanding diagnostic skills, warm and compassionate bedside manner!
I've been a patient of Dr. Lawrence for over 14 years. Now all of my family residing in the area are his patients. He accepted my mother as a Medicare patient during a time he was not accepting new Medicare patients. She had a bad experience with her former practitioner however, Dr Lawrence immediately set her at ease. Ten years ago she was hospitalized with heart attack and stroke. He came to visit her every day even though she was being treated by specialists. I was alone with her when she died. Dr. Lawrence stayed with me in her room for his entire lunch period, talking to me and holding me while I grieved. There are no words to adequately express my gratitude. I read some of the reviews here about the long wait time to see him (both in making an appointment and the office wait). I think it prudent to remind those patients that it is very easy and quick to see a doctor who is lacking the experience and compassionate demeanor that is exemplified by Dr. N. Christopher Lawrence! In my opinion, he is the BEST! And, Jill S., his PA is very well-versed in diagnosing and caring for patients as well.

November 22nd, 2014
Great Doctor and Staff
My entire Family are patients of Dr Lawrence; we have been for many years. The wait times to see him can be long, but are well worth the wait. His and his staffs beside manners are beyond reproach. Once he sees you, he takes the time to explain your situation. In language you can understand. A very caring professional!!

August 21st, 2013
I've been going to this doctor for a few years and find him very approchable and professional. I have read some negative comments, yes you have to wait, but dont you at ANY doctor? I would schedule my appointment either early (as in 1st one available) or late in the day. Staff is and has been attentive to my needs, once agin I saw negative comments from some.

July 31st, 2013
Great Doctor and Great Staff
Your wait time is well worth the time. Takes the time to listen to your concerns and explain his findings. He displays a genuine concern on your overall well being. My entire Family is cared for by him and his staff.

February 15th, 2013
Wait Time!
Good doctor (I think?)..but expect to wait at least an hour..had to reschedule one time as I had an appt for work - I would schedule appt at end of day. Plus staff does not inform you of anything - they 'hide' as I'm sure this is typical.

September 20th, 2012
Was referred by my FP for HRT consult with Dr. Lawrence
Referred to Dr. Lawrence by my family practitioner for HRT consult. I called and asked for an appointment, no rush or pushing on my part. Appointment received was 3 weeks out for 11:30am. I arrived at 11:00am for paperwork and completed at 11:15. Steady stream of patients in and out of the office. At 1:00, I asked if I had been forgotten and was told by the staffer that my appoint was a fill in and they were breaking for lunch. At 1:30 (2.5 hours after arrival), I asked to retrieve my personal paperwork and left. Humiliated; never again. I am considering having my staff bill the doctor for a portion of my time.

September 20th, 2011
Extremely caring doctor and staff. The waits are a little on the long side, but he does not rush you through when he is with you. Four generations of my Family see him and/or Jill. Well worth the wait time. Goes to the limits to work you in when you are sick