Family Practitioner, General Practitioner

6045 Alma Rd
Ste 210
McKinney, TX 75070
972-985-5000
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 21st, 2013

I've been going to this doctor for a few years and find him very approchable and professional. I have read some negative comments, yes you have to wait, but dont you at ANY doctor? I would schedule my appointment either early (as in 1st one available) or late in the day. Staff is and has been attentive to my needs, once agin I saw negative comments from some.

|  Great Doctor and Great Staff  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2013

Your wait time is well worth the time. Takes the time to listen to your concerns and explain his findings. He displays a genuine concern on your overall well being. My entire Family is cared for by him and his staff.

|  Wait Time!  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2013

Good doctor (I think?)..but expect to wait at least an hour..had to reschedule one time as I had an appt for work - I would schedule appt at end of day. Plus staff does not inform you of anything - they 'hide' as I'm sure this is typical.

|  Was referred by my FP for HRT consult with Dr. Lawrence  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

Referred to Dr. Lawrence by my family practitioner for HRT consult. I called and asked for an appointment, no rush or pushing on my part. Appointment received was 3 weeks out for 11:30am. I arrived at 11:00am for paperwork and completed at 11:15. Steady stream of patients in and out of the office. At 1:00, I asked if I had been forgotten and was told by the staffer that my appoint was a fill in and they were breaking for lunch. At 1:30 (2.5 hours after arrival), I asked to retrieve my personal paperwork and left. Humiliated; never again. I am considering having my staff bill the doctor for a portion of my time.

Sep 20th, 2011

Extremely caring doctor and staff. The waits are a little on the long side, but he does not rush you through when he is with you. Four generations of my Family see him and/or Jill. Well worth the wait time. Goes to the limits to work you in when you are sick

Jul 4th, 2011

A real caring doctor. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and takes the time to explain your conditions to you in great detail. Office waiting time is a little long, but well worth it.

|  Total ignorance and disrespect for patients time.  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2011

I scheduled appointment 20 days in front. At appointment day I signed up with receptionist I waited 40minutes, when I asked receptionist when I will be seen she told me to wait for one more hour.

|  Complete Disregard for Patient's Time  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

I have had three appointments with this doctor and each was more disappointing than the last. For my inital visit, the doctor did not see me until 30 minutes after my appointment time and seemed very rushed when discussing my concerns. I was there to get a complete physical but somehow we never finished it. He had me schedule a follow-up which couldn't be booked for another month and half. Once the appointment date arrived, I never saw the doctor. I wainted for over an hour and half past my appointment time and none of his staff could tell me anything. So I left and rescheduled giving him the benefit of the doubt. A couple of months later, my third appointment time arrives and the same exact thing happens as my last appointment. Altogether, I wasted more than three and a half hours of my life trying to get results to a physical. I still don't know if the doctor thinks I'm in good health or not. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Oct 16th, 2010

Great Doctor and Staff!!

|  Better Than Most  |  show details
by Greatful Patient on Aug 3rd, 2009

Dr. Lawrence is not your typical Doctor. He takes all the time you need and treats you like you are his only patient. Not high speed, high volume operation like most Doctors in the area who hide behind multiple PA's and unprofessional assistants to do all the work in rapid-fire succession. Concerned about your health, not a pill-pusher.