Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Kathy Owens on Sep 16th, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Taub for approximately 4 years. When I first was evaluated by him I had multiple areas of defuse pain from two very different auto immune diseases. He is very through in his history taking and exam. After hearing my history, reviewing the labs I brought with me, he offered a treatment plan which I accepted. After time and using many different treatment modalities, not just medicine I began to have relief that was tolerable. Thank you Dr Taub and staff Dee, Mary Jane, Axel to name a fewl for your compassionate and knowledgeable care.

Doesn't treat you like a person show details Doesn't treat you like a person
Sep 5th, 2016

I like Dr Taub but he doesn't get it that each patient is different. I am in a lor if pain ever day. He wintern discuss a higher dose of meds.he says well talk about it next visit...never happens..I try to talk to him but he's always in a hurry. Too many patients a day to take the time to get to know you as a person.After 3 years I am still on the same dosage as when in started. I was on a much higher dose of the meds he gives me...in fact he cut the dose in half...but of course I said nothing becsuse I was scared to. But now I'm speaking up so he will most likely tell me to find a new Dr. He had do mary patents he won't miss me...But in all honesty he doesn't seem to care at about us...he needs a reality check...if more if us would speak out...maybe he'd get the clue ..

Aug 30th, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Taub for years, was referred to him by my family physician for chronic pain. He is patient, and understanding of my condition. I will go to him as long as he will have me as a patient, if not for him I'm not sure where I'd be now, I love how he's willing to listen. His staff on other hand is different story, he has a couple good ones but rest need a different type job. He has helped several people in personally know that goes to him. They seem to like him as well. I'm shocked at the reviews and ratings he has gotten. Wondering where they come from

Jun 30th, 2016

Very poor bedside manner. Very abrupt and doesn't answer questions. Told me it was my problem, solve it!

Jun 29th, 2016

Should not be practicing! Does not listen to patients! He churns and burns!

Horrible show details Horrible
Jun 25th, 2016

Worst doctor ever

Horrible show details Horrible
May 12th, 2016

The worst doctor I've every gone to!! This man thrives on controlling you! He appears to hate his job and has the worst bedside manners! He gives you medication then when he's in a horrible mood he takes you off it abruptly and seems to be the happiest you will ever see him, AND blames it on the FDA!

Thought & Hoped He Was The Last Pain Dr. I Would Need But....He Is A Tail! show details Thought & Hoped He Was The Last Pain Dr. I Would Need But....He Is A Tail!
Apr 21st, 2016

I have been seeing Taub for 2 years now. I agree with the person that said he acts like he hates his job and would love to know what pain clinic they found that they are happy with now. He has given me an adequate dose of pain medicine for 2 years and he has not changed that dose for 2 years. He also has been aware that I have been on anxiety medication the whole time that I have been going to him. He only said to me not to take them both at the same time and also that he could only give me medication at certain levels which was fine with me. I have been on anxiety medicine for 7 years. I have been able to control my anxiety and my pain for the past 2 years. I was really hoping that Taub would be my final stop in pain management. My last visit was a very disturbing visit and I found him to be very rude to me. He always spends less than 5 minutes in the room with me after I take a urine test and then he gives me my medications. I normally would not mind the quick visits. However, the last visit that I had with him is when he comes up with no warning telling me that I need to go off of anxiety medicine before my next visit which is 3 months away. He told me that I need to go off of this medicine or he would reduce my pain medicine then he just gets up and walks away without giving me any chance to ask questions. He is making me choose between controlling my anxiety or controlling my pain which is wrong. My anxiety and my pain go together. He never mentioned not once to go off of this medicine but he did not mind abruptly telling me on my last visit which I find to be very unprofessional the way he went about doing it. I cannot afford to have my pain medicine reduced because it has controlled my pain for the past two years at the level I am at now but I also cannot risk having my anxiety medicine taken away either. He will not even meet me halfway and allow me to reduce my anxiety medicine instead of taking it away completely. I will have to discuss Alternatives with my neurologist but I am very limited on what I can take for anxiety because I am unable to tolerate antidepressants. The only other alternative his office had for me was to find another pain doctor who would write out the level of pain medicine I am on now & I can continue with my anxiety medicine as well. He has put me in a very difficult position and he does not seem to care whether I go away to another doctor so he probably never cared in the first place. I agree that it will be difficult to find another doctor who writes out the level of pain medicine that he does but I am determined to find somebody because he really upset me the other day with the way he just abruptly wanted me to go off of a medicine that has helped me for 7 years. The nurse said it was for safety reasons but I find that hard to believe because he could have mentioned something about that a year ago if he was that concerned about my safety not to mention the fact that I found out he writes out Ambien so that should say it all right there. How many pain doctors do you know that write out Ambien and why would he be concerned about an anxiety medicine but not be concerned about Ambien when someone is taking pain medicine? I am for sure looking for another pain doctor so I am open to suggestions from anyone who went to this doctor and has moved on to find a better one who may write out the medicine that actually helps them plus has compassion along with bedside manner. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mar 31st, 2016

He has changed a lot in the last few years. He used to seem very compassionate and interested. Now he practically hands me my prescriptions at the door.i feel like he doesn't want me there and I don't know what I did.except I haven't always responded to the meds. I keep thinking he will get over "it" whatever it may be but he doesn't seem to be doing so.

ACTS LIKE HE HATES HIS JOB!!! show details ACTS LIKE HE HATES HIS JOB!!!
Mar 31st, 2016

I went to him for almost 5 years and was mostly happy with his services for the first 4. The last year I saw him he would walk in say a few words to me tell me the nurse would bring my scripts in and would walk out and never give me time to say a word! He wouldn't even give me a chance to ask questions when he changed my meds. I talked with some other people that went to him and they said he treated them the same way. Some were looking for new doctors but a couple said they were afraid to try another doctor because they didn't think other doctors would give them the large amount of drugs that he did!! He was my first pain control doctor and I hate changing doctors but I have found a new pain control doctor that gives me all the time I need to ask questions and treats me with respect. I don't know what Taubs problem is but he seems to be a very unhappy person.

Feb 13th, 2016

Doctor stinks and should not be a doctor!!!!!

Arrogant, Rude and Condescending. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! show details Arrogant, Rude and Condescending. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Jan 8th, 2016

This doctor was without a doubt the rudest most arrogant man I have ever spoken to. He made me feel like a drug seeker, which I am anything but. He barely gave me a lousy 2 mins. of his time and then dismissed me. Having fibromyalgia, depression and sciatica make me feel pretty lousy all of the time. I don't need to pay a doctor, who is supposed to be helping me, to make me feel worse. Also, he is supposedly a Physiatrist, they deal with physical rehabilitation to help with chronic pain. When I mentioned this to him, he blew me off. Didn't give me any optional methods of treatment besides the drugs, and then acted like he was doing me a big favor by giving me those. This was not a one-time occurrence, but both times I went to him I received this treatment. I will never go back to him again! HE DESERVES ZERO STARS! He is a horrible man. Please go find a doctor who will treat you with care and respect!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
existing patient show details existing patient
Apr 15th, 2015

Great Doctor. Made my life worth living. My lower back pain is manageable. Been a patient for four years. Great staff. I would recommend the doctor and staff to anyone.

Jan 11th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Taub by my Orthopaedic surgeon after being dis-satisfied with another pain Specialist. While Dr. Taub always seems to be in a hurry his diagnosis and treatment have been superb which is what really counts.

very caring show details very caring
by joanna politis on Aug 31st, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Taub for 7 years now for chronic pain,he listens to your concerns and treats me like a human being. He is courtious and as long as you follow his directions and take your meds like you are suppose to there is no problem. I don't blame him for discontinuing patients as stated above for abusing their meds. Those are the kind of people who make it hard for the rest of us who use pain meds as prescribed. Thank you Dr. Taub

I feel renewed again show details I feel renewed again
by B. Troxler on Feb 4th, 2014

Dr Taub is a GREAT understanding professional doctor. I highly recommend him to anybody that is looking for a pain management doctor and the staff that works for him is also very professional and caring also. Do as you are instructed by Dr. Taub and do not abuse any medicines he has prescribed to you and you will be fine. I have been in pain for many years due to my medical condition and it is something I will have to live with for the rest of my life. Since I have been a patient of Dr. Taub now for several months and have listened to him and take the prescription he has me on as prescribed I feel great, I can once again walk better, help my loving wife clean house a little, go grocery shopping with her, and do some light activity's again without all the pain I had before. I may not ever be completely pain free however with his care I feel a lot better, thank you Dr. Taub with all my heart and may God bless his business. Thank you Dr. Taub

Left confused, frustrated and helpless show details Left confused, frustrated and helpless
Mar 6th, 2013

I am a former patient of Dr Taubs and I am still searching for answers as to why and how he was able to discontinue my treatment without any explaination or help with my medications. I had been seeing him for my chronic pain for nearly a year and had no significant issues or complaints with he or his practice(other than a few grumpy nurses). This was until he randomly made a substantial decrease in my medication(narcotic), and this was the first appointment where I needed to discuss an increase or change due to my tolerance to what he had prescribed me from day 1? I called his office 3 times over the next week due to my amount of pain. After a month of being ignored and denied any explaination of his decreasing my dosage, I found out that he would no longer be willing to treat me due to my age? Even worse, I was informed on the phone that he was doing this on the date for my refill. Im sure there is much more going on that I am unaware of. But thanks to him I went thru a month of pain and withdrawal. No doctor should ever even do this to a patient(I also made certain there wasnt a false positive in one of my urine samples or anything like that). I literally thought and still feel that what he did to me was unethical, dangerous, and flat out illegal. BEWARE!

Mark as Helpful  | 27 people found this helpful Report Abuse
waste of time show details waste of time
Dec 30th, 2011

I wasted time and money seeing this doctor. I spent over an hour in the waiting room. When I did see the doctor, he did a very limited exam, had no suggestions or options for any sort of treatment or testing or therapy. He was only interested in selling drugs, not actually dealing with the mechanical problem I have with my foot. His nurse collected a urine sample, stating that it would only be used if needed - she lied. The bill I received has 2 lab tests on it, which the billing agency told me is routine for all patients. I will certainly never return to this office, and I would strongly discourage anyone from wasting their time or money at this office.

Mark as Helpful  | 24 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Insensitive and has too many personal issues! show details Insensitive and has too many personal issues!
May 18th, 2011

Treats people like they are drug addicts, when in fact, he is the Dr. that starts you on all the pain meds, then calls you an "addict". I Definitely Would NOT recommend him to anyone. I would not even bring my pets there!

Mark as Helpful  | 18 people found this helpful Report Abuse
patient # me show details patient # me
May 17th, 2011

doctor is seeing me for a car accident...i have been to other pain doctors and he is awesome!! he actually wanted to help with the medications wow that was a surprise most doctors wont even ask if u want a tylenol...he is trying to treat it non invasive instead of surgery that will come next...i think he is great but office girls could be a little nicer..ughh nice doctor would recommend hime to anyone with pain or other conditions!!

First visit show details First visit
Mar 18th, 2011

At my first visit with Dr. Taub was ok. I had to fill out the paperwork and ect. The office staff at the sign in window could be more friendly. Seems like they didnt wont to be there.I spoke with Dr. taub for 15 min. He had my previous records and ect. I felt like he was listening to me and was understanding about all my issues with the pain I have. The next visit im sure will be alot better and be able to get a schedule and some procedures done later down the road.Im a cash payer since I dont have insurance but he was still generous and seemed to understand my problems. He listened to what I had to say and didnt tell me what pain I was feeling or whatever. I truley believe he will be able to help me to have a better life with my chronic pain down the road.

Feb 21st, 2011

very satisfied with Dr. Taub and the treatment. Have been a patient for 6 years.

He's a Ahole show details He's a Ahole
Jul 22nd, 2010

Stared off in space alot when I tried to talk to him.Didn't listen to me and made me feel that I was wasting his vauable time.When I tried to talk about my pain, he would often talk over me and tell me how I felt.I don't know who this kind,caring doctor this other person saw was but I have seen him for over three years and that doctor u will only see a few times then its back to being the ahole he truly is.

Mark as Helpful  | 20 people found this helpful Report Abuse
GREAT DOCTOR! show details GREAT DOCTOR!
by happy patient on Mar 4th, 2010

wonderful person, wonderful doctor, can't say enough good things about him, and his staff