Dr. Neal Taub MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 16th, 2016
I've been a patient of Dr. Taub for approximately 4 years. When I first was evaluated by him I had multiple areas of defuse pain from two very different auto immune diseases. He is very through in his history taking and exam. After hearing my history, reviewing the labs I brought with me, he offered a treatment plan which I accepted. After time and using many different treatment modalities, not just medicine I began to have relief that was tolerable. Thank you Dr Taub and staff Dee, Mary Jane, Axel to name a fewl for your compassionate and knowledgeable care.

September 5th, 2016
Doesn't treat you like a person
I like Dr Taub but he doesn't get it that each patient is different. I am in a lor if pain ever day. He wintern discuss a higher dose of meds.he says well talk about it next visit...never happens..I try to talk to him but he's always in a hurry. Too many patients a day to take the time to get to know you as a person.After 3 years I am still on the same dosage as when in started. I was on a much higher dose of the meds he gives me...in fact he cut the dose in half...but of course I said nothing becsuse I was scared to. But now I'm speaking up so he will most likely tell me to find a new Dr. He had do mary patents he won't miss me...But in all honesty he doesn't seem to care at about us...he needs a reality check...if more if us would speak out...maybe he'd get the clue ..

August 30th, 2016
I have been going to Dr. Taub for years, was referred to him by my family physician for chronic pain. He is patient, and understanding of my condition. I will go to him as long as he will have me as a patient, if not for him I'm not sure where I'd be now, I love how he's willing to listen. His staff on other hand is different story, he has a couple good ones but rest need a different type job. He has helped several people in personally know that goes to him. They seem to like him as well. I'm shocked at the reviews and ratings he has gotten. Wondering where they come from

June 30th, 2016
Very poor bedside manner. Very abrupt and doesn't answer questions. Told me it was my problem, solve it!

June 29th, 2016
Should not be practicing! Does not listen to patients! He churns and burns!

June 25th, 2016
Horrible
Worst doctor ever

May 12th, 2016
Horrible
The worst doctor I've every gone to!! This man thrives on controlling you! He appears to hate his job and has the worst bedside manners! He gives you medication then when he's in a horrible mood he takes you off it abruptly and seems to be the happiest you will ever see him, AND blames it on the FDA!

April 21st, 2016
Thought & Hoped He Was The Last Pain Dr. I Would Need But....He Is A Tail!
I have been seeing Taub for 2 years now. I agree with the person that said he acts like he hates his job and would love to know what pain clinic they found that they are happy with now. He has given me an adequate dose of pain medicine for 2 years and he has not changed that dose for 2 years. He also has been aware that I have been on anxiety medication the whole time that I have been going to him. He only said to me not to take them both at the same time and also that he could only give me medication at certain levels which was fine with me. I have been on anxiety medicine for 7 years. I have been able to control my anxiety and my pain for the past 2 years. I was really hoping that Taub would be my final stop in pain management. My last visit was a very disturbing visit and I found him to be very rude to me. He always spends less than 5 minutes in the room with me after I take a urine test and then he gives me my medications. I normally would not mind the quick visits. However, the last visit that I had with him is when he comes up with no warning telling me that I need to go off of anxiety medicine before my next visit which is 3 months away. He told me that I need to go off of this medicine or he would reduce my pain medicine then he just gets up and walks away without giving me any chance to ask questions. He is making me choose between controlling my anxiety or controlling my pain which is wrong. My anxiety and my pain go together. He never mentioned not once to go off of this medicine but he did not mind abruptly telling me on my last visit which I find to be very unprofessional the way he went about doing it. I cannot afford to have my pain medicine reduced because it has controlled my pain for the past two years at the level I am at now but I also cannot risk having my anxiety medicine taken away either. He will not even meet me halfway and allow me to reduce my anxiety medicine instead of taking it away completely. I will have to discuss Alternatives with my neurologist but I am very limited on what I can take for anxiety because I am unable to tolerate antidepressants. The only other alternative his office had for me was to find another pain doctor who would write out the level of pain medicine I am on now & I can continue with my anxiety medicine as well. He has put me in a very difficult position and he does not seem to care whether I go away to another doctor so he probably never cared in the first place. I agree that it will be difficult to find another doctor who writes out the level of pain medicine that he does but I am determined to find somebody because he really upset me the other day with the way he just abruptly wanted me to go off of a medicine that has helped me for 7 years. The nurse said it was for safety reasons but I find that hard to believe because he could have mentioned something about that a year ago if he was that concerned about my safety not to mention the fact that I found out he writes out Ambien so that should say it all right there. How many pain doctors do you know that write out Ambien and why would he be concerned about an anxiety medicine but not be concerned about Ambien when someone is taking pain medicine? I am for sure looking for another pain doctor so I am open to suggestions from anyone who went to this doctor and has moved on to find a better one who may write out the medicine that actually helps them plus has compassion along with bedside manner. Thank you for any help you can provide.

March 31st, 2016
He has changed a lot in the last few years. He used to seem very compassionate and interested. Now he practically hands me my prescriptions at the door.i feel like he doesn't want me there and I don't know what I did.except I haven't always responded to the meds. I keep thinking he will get over "it" whatever it may be but he doesn't seem to be doing so.

March 31st, 2016
ACTS LIKE HE HATES HIS JOB!!!
I went to him for almost 5 years and was mostly happy with his services for the first 4. The last year I saw him he would walk in say a few words to me tell me the nurse would bring my scripts in and would walk out and never give me time to say a word! He wouldn't even give me a chance to ask questions when he changed my meds. I talked with some other people that went to him and they said he treated them the same way. Some were looking for new doctors but a couple said they were afraid to try another doctor because they didn't think other doctors would give them the large amount of drugs that he did!! He was my first pain control doctor and I hate changing doctors but I have found a new pain control doctor that gives me all the time I need to ask questions and treats me with respect. I don't know what Taubs problem is but he seems to be a very unhappy person.

February 13th, 2016
Doctor stinks and should not be a doctor!!!!!

January 8th, 2016
Arrogant, Rude and Condescending. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
This doctor was without a doubt the rudest most arrogant man I have ever spoken to. He made me feel like a drug seeker, which I am anything but. He barely gave me a lousy 2 mins. of his time and then dismissed me. Having fibromyalgia, depression and sciatica make me feel pretty lousy all of the time. I don't need to pay a doctor, who is supposed to be helping me, to make me feel worse. Also, he is supposedly a Physiatrist, they deal with physical rehabilitation to help with chronic pain. When I mentioned this to him, he blew me off. Didn't give me any optional methods of treatment besides the drugs, and then acted like he was doing me a big favor by giving me those. This was not a one-time occurrence, but both times I went to him I received this treatment. I will never go back to him again! HE DESERVES ZERO STARS! He is a horrible man. Please go find a doctor who will treat you with care and respect!