Dr. Neal Zimmerman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 31st, 2014
Outstanding surgeon
Severely broke and dislocated 3 bones in my wrist. Got in to see Dr. Zimmerman the next day and had surgery, installing a plate and some pins. Dr. Zimmerman is extremely bright, understanding and explained things so I could easily understand the damage and the proposed solution. The results of his surgery were great. The office staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The follow up visits further supported my high regard for him.

November 13th, 2013
Everything A Doctor Should Be
Patient and kind, informative and reassuring, Dr. Z's personable manner easily inspires confidence. He knows what he's doing, yet he's not the slightest bit arrogant about it. Dr. Z graciously took the time I needed to explain what was happening to my hand as it healed and what to expect in the near future. I was pleasantly surprised his office visit price was affordable! This is a doctor who really cares about his patients and it comes through. Thank you, Dr. Zimmerman!

October 12th, 2013
Awesome
I got injured on the job. The doctor my work sent me to released me to work full duty after 2 weeks of light duty. My pain level was the same so my doctor sent me to a specialist (Dr. Zimmerman). He looked at my X-rays for five seconds before correctly diagnosing my problem, which was a torn ligament. He had to do surgery on my wrist. He explained everything in great detail. He never seemed rushed. He was available via telephone when I called. I will continue to go to him. He's also seen and is currently seeing my son.

September 14th, 2013
Would not recommend
Front office staff was great. Very polite & professional. Saw Dr. Zimmerman for consultation for an old hand injury. Had previously seen a surgeon that recommended a ligament reconstruction, my insurance changed & I had to find someone in MD. Dr. Zimmerman seemed rushed & inattentive, told me I was 'no spring chicken' (I'm 42!) & that he wouldn't do a reconstruction b/c it would take too long. He recommended a joint fusion instead. When he saw that I was frustrated by his recommendation, he looked @ his watch & said he had another pt. I left in tears, as I had just driven over an hour to his Lutherville office for a 10 min appointment and accomplished nothing. I will be scheduling w/ another Dr. in the practice.

October 24th, 2012
fraud
he totally lied in a ime paid for by the company. did not even look at any mri or X-rays i brought and had all medical records avaliable and gave a fake pinch test and rubbed my fingers which was a fake test doctors use to see if you are lying he moved my hands so gently that there was no way to give a true diagnosis .i will be filing a complaint with maryland medical board when my case is done my injuries are severe and he knows it kiebocks disease has progressed and a tfcc tear said im fine

November 20th, 2008
My husband recently had carpal tunnel release surgery done by dr zimmerman and it healed great. We had to see him again when my husband hurt his hand while using a wood splitter, and we chose to see Dr Zimmerman, he is a great doctor and is truly a caring person