Dr. Neda Heidari MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Ventura, CA

3.9

November 4th, 2016
Totally INCOMPETENT office staff!
Went to Dr. Heidari for a consultation appointment! Was very impressed with the doctor...no problems with Dr. Heidari. It's her office staff that is totally incompetent. Saw doctor in early September, Dr. Heidari requested several diagnostic tests which need to be authorized by my insurance. After waiting a few weeks, I called the office for status of authorizations. First they told me that they didn't accept my insurance; then they told me that I needed authorizations (duh); then they told me that my requests for authorizations would be done that very day (apologizing profusely). I call today and got the same story...nothing has been requested. Again they apologize; she is on the other phone ("as we speak") requesting authorizations! This staff is not getting trained to do their job and no one is following up to assure the work is getting done. Obviously, I cannot rate diagnosis since office staff cannot follow through by getting paperwork done.

October 26th, 2016
Staff Incompetent
The reason I gave a 1 is how lacking her office staff is in communication and knowledge with sending patients for testing using appropriate codes to be covered. at initial visit detailed history was a communicated, preferred pharmacy of choice was given and still on two occasions RX were not directed to the appropriate pharmacy. Dr. is Great however staff is a major role in keeping a provider.....

October 20th, 2016
Unprofessional
This is such a unprofessional office! In my life of going to doctors this one takes the cake! I've called for the billing dept. at least 6-7 times regarding my mom's $2400.00 bill .. left messages and no one ever calls back . I'm done !

August 9th, 2015
she is real professional with accurate diagnosis

July 11th, 2015
Best Neurologist Ever!!!
Dr. Heidari has helped cure my migraines! I started getting terrible migraines a couple of years ago. My GP would not prescribe Imitrex. He told me to "figure out the cause". A friend recommended I see a neurologist. I yelped neurologists in Ventura and found Dr. Heidari. She did some bloodwork, some testing, and we discovered it was hormonal. She gave me Topomax and that has stopped the migraines completely. I can function and I feel fabulous. Thank you, Dr. Heidari! You are a saint! I'm so glad I found you!!

March 18th, 2015
Shame on you
The worst experience ever. Left hanging had appointment arrived only to be told moved. No call, nothing. Kept calling number, no answer. Help must take lessons on being rude. Apparently relocating office. But did not make arrangement for another doctor to take her calls. Very bad experience. Will say dresses terrific and has great selection of jewelry.

December 19th, 2014
patient
I was seen by 2 other older neurologist in the area and got diagnosed with neuropathy for my numbness and weakness and after two year I developed more weakness and numbness , I was referred to Doctor hedari for a third opinion as soon as she did my exam she said I have MS not neuropathy ,I was shocked and doubtful as my other neurologist never checked my brain with MRI and just did nerve test and diagnosed me with peripheral neuropathy , but after MRI of my brain and neck spine and spinal tap ,my diagnosis was confirmed , and she kindly offered me to go back to the referring doctor to continue treatment for my new diagnosis . she is knowledgeable and very thorough , I highly recommended her . I am glad we have her in ventura county .

December 13th, 2014
Not as caring as she was.
I first started seeing Dr Heidari after reading how compassionate she was and how she listen to her patience, Well now that she has 2 offices now and has a staff that has no clue of what they are doing. I am now looking for a new Nueologist. She now insults me and threatens me if I don't go along with her recommendations. I don't need that anymore.

June 24th, 2013
Very knowledgable doctor , she was the only one diagnosed me with my rare muscle disease causing weakness in my legs , for years I was misdiagnosed with pinched nerve in my back and underwent two spinal surgery with no results, her diagnosis saved me from further surgical intervention, I highly recommend her as. A caring and kind neurologist.

May 21st, 2013
my best doctor visit ever
would recommend her highly to all needing a good doc for their rare cases of neurology problems . Very patient and knowledgable doctor In addition to a very good bedside manner .

March 14th, 2012
Caring, thorough, doctor
Dr. Haidari is the first and only doctor that I have seen that was willing to continue to investiage the reason behind my neurologcal symptoms. My first neurologist just gave me "maybe's" and he was wrong. Even after De Heidari disgnosed me with an unusual autoimmune dosorder, an endocronologist my insurance made me see just told me " never heard of it" but agreed to treat me as Dr. Heidari had suggested. My year long cognitive and neurological sensations have disappeared and I have more energy than I have in years. Dr. Heidari has given me faith that there are great doctors out there. She is also caring and respectful at all times, her office staff are just as caring and professional and I am always able to get a quick appointment and the wait time is never long. I will always recommend Dr. Heidari and her staff to anyone who needs a great neurologist.

April 27th, 2011
Thorough Analyst while awaiting test results
Dr. Haidari is very thorough in her investigation and is not satisfied with making medical decisions or prescribing medicine until she has exhausted the various means of finding the root cause of the problems. She has treated me with much respect, and works within the system of other doctors that are treating me for a variety of disease problems. She is in concert with my oncologist for a finding of the source of lesions on my spine, waiting to see where these lesions might be from before prescribing meds that might be interfering with other treatments. I am very happy with her treatment of my neuropathy while undergoing further exams for my newly discovered (by her, by the way) cancerous lesions.