Dr. Nedra Harrison MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

March 29th, 2015
Top notch
I am 78 years old and was very scared when I needed to see a breast surgeon. Carol made me feel really at ease and all I needed was an mri test which was fine. They are an excellent team and I would recommend them to anyone who needs a compassionate knowledgable breast specialist.

October 22nd, 2014
2nd Opinion
Dr. Harrison was my second opinion after the first breast specialist I went to did not fully answer my questions or spend the time with me to make me feel comfortable enough to trust for surgery. Dr. Harrison spent two hours with both me and my husband explaining my pathology report and my options, she drew diagrams and even talked about radiation after surgery. Carol was comforting and helpful and I called her about five times before surgery with questions and sometimes just to relieve my anxiety. I am now three weeks after surgery and am on the road to recovery. I cant thank Dr. Harrison enough for her help and care during this trying time.

August 26th, 2014
Finally Done !
I have just finished my last radiation treatment. My cancer is gone. Without Dr. Harrison's surgical skill and her recommendations for oncologists and Carol her wonderful care coordinator, I don't think I would have made it thru. Shes spent over two hours with me and my family in one of the most thorough exams. Surgey was scheduled right away and my journey to today began. I can't thank her enough for giving me my life back. She is AWESOME ! I have just recommended her to a friend who has an appointment on Thursday. Great Doctor.

October 30th, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Harrison was wonderful, as was her office staff. She was kind, caring and had an excellent bedside manner. She explained everything in great detail and would answer my questions without hesitation. I was confident in her diagnosis, in her recommended procedure(s) and her surgical abilities. I would highly recommend her.

June 28th, 2012
I felt I was in exceptionally competent and caring hands throughout my experience. Her reputation is stellar and her office staff makes you feel like a part of the family. They helped make a very difficult experience much easier and I appreciated each of them!

May 3rd, 2012
I would recommend Dr. Harrison to any woman with breast cancer. She really cares about her patients and did an excellent job on the surgery. She is professional, courteous and always makes you feel comfortable asking questions.

October 14th, 2011
She is great, loved everything about her. She is awesome.

October 4th, 2011
I can not believe all that I have been reading about Dr. Harrison. I had an overall good experience with her and her sister Carol. However I did not care for her nurse she was very cold and not friendly. I must say it was Carol who was so very kind and compassionate every time I called..

May 20th, 2011
Beware
this doctor has horrible bedside manner, doesn't answer questions in a professional manner and doesn't respond to calls from the hospital. For example, five months after surgery, when asked why a new ache/pain arose, she says...well you just had surgery...actually the new pain is from scar tissue. Her excuse for not responding to the calls from the hospital were that they didn't have the correct number. One week after surgery, at the office visit, she sent in the nurse and never looked at it. We are very close to writing a letter to the state board. If you want to go through a traumatic experience with a horrible doctor than she is the one for you.

September 14th, 2010
Lacks compassion
Cold, clinical, makes uncaring, offhanded remarks to vulnerable breast cancer patient. No way to tell if her supposedly good reputation for surgical skill is justified. Simple lumpectomy had no complications.

September 1st, 2010
Excellent Diagnostician
Kept my appointment. Surprised at how thorough she was. Caught a heart problem my regular doctor didn't. got it fixed before my cancer surgery. I'm fine now and have been for two yers now.

August 31st, 2010
"Arrogant if questioned. During a double mastectomy, she was well aware of lymph node to be removed, and had ignored a major node, and removed 4 other nodes. When the test results in, they did not conquer with prior medical records, and was annoyed, that she was told to remove the additional cancer node asap. I had to experience a secondary full surgery in less than 2 weeks, of my full masectomy, and now have additional scarring, and considerable more pain in healing. I am not gravely dissapointed in my care, I am wanting a valid answer why a she left the known unhealthy node in and removed 4 healthy nodes out. Why she tried to make cover up her mistake and why she is not giving a fair explanation of this horrible fate.