Dr. Neelima Denduluri MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 10th, 2016
Highly Recommend Dr. D
Dr. Denduluri is a true professional. During the five years that I have been under her care she has always treated me warmly and as a partner in health decisions. Her manner is such that many other medical professionals could learn from!

August 23rd, 2016
Patient
Dr. Denduluri is compassionate, intelligent and patient. She consults with other doctors and uses the medical community worldwide if there is any question about possible treatment. I highly recommend her. She is always available to answer all my questions no matter how pedestrian they may seem and makes sure I understand what she is discussing about my condition and treatment.

June 4th, 2015
A Gem of an Oncologist
Needing to see an oncologist is a scary situation to find yourself in but I feel blessed that I found Dr. Denduluri. While she came recommended to me by three other doctors, I chose Dr. Denduluri to help me through what has been one of the most stressful and difficult times in my life because Dr. Denduluri is extremely knowledgeable, is passionate about her patients and is an excellent listener. Dr. Denduluri took the time to help my head as much as my body to survive cancer - I am truly grateful. And thanks to her good work I am still cancer free! Bonus: Dr. Denduluri is very active in clinical research studies which can benefit certain cancers.

March 4th, 2015
Ms.
Dr. Denduluri and her entire staff are to be commended for their thorough follow through procedurally as well as their thoughtfulness and caring. This is a doctor who is realistic, knowledgeable, and has a grasp of the latest medical breakthroughs and techniques. She gets my hearty recommendation!

January 12th, 2015
Positive Experience with Dr. Denduluri
From my first appointment with Dr. Denduluri, I knew I was in excellent hands. Her honesty, ability to put me at ease, thoroughness, ability to listen and caring are what impress me. She explained everything in a way I understood and she listened patiently to my concerns and walked me through the different treatments and the pros and cons of each. Knowing I had to make a major decision involving chemo treatments, she sent me home armed with information, not only her notes, which were written in a way I could understand, but from other oncologists who weighed in on what course of action to take when two different tests came back with very different results. During this process, she never rushed me into making a decision. Over the past four years, my visits have always been positive. My biggest compliment to Dr. Denduluri, however, is the fact , when she learned I was moving out of state, she offered to refer an oncologist. Because I trust her and have had such a positive experience with her, I turned down her offer. I drive five and a half hours for my regular appointments with her. Until she releases me from her care, the long drive to see her is worth my time.

May 1st, 2014
She is very smart about what options are available. She is to the point but very caring. She is looking for the best care for you even if it's not with her practice. She speaks quickly but will slow it down if you say you feel overwhelmed. She follows up with you even if it's way past the time a doctor would normally still be on the clock. She shows concern not just for me but my family too.

June 12th, 2013
I was referred to her by my surgeon. Big mistake - I should have checked her first on internet. She is cold, dismissive and with "I know better" attitude. She spends barely any time with a patient (my last visit was less than 10 minutes after I waited for her in the room for 30 minutes ).

March 26th, 2013
RN
Dr. Denduluri answered all my questions before I even had a chance to ask them! She was thorough, compassionate, a good listener and has followed up very promptly with issues that have come up. I am thrilled to have her as my oncologist and would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone and this says a lot since I am a nurse.

January 24th, 2013
I consulted dr. Denduluri after a diagnosis w/breast cancer and double mastectomy. We (my partner and I) were surprised that her staff made fun of the way we pronounced some technical term, wrong place wrong time for joking. Dr Denduluri was quite cold - when discussing possible metastasizing of the cancer she only said: then it becomes incurable. She advised five years of tamoxifen. Afterwards, we asked her by mail about the Oncotype DX Test, which is tailor made for my case - especially in view of lymphovascular involvement. She wrote back: no oncotype because of the small size of the tumor. We went for a second opinion and without us mentioning it, this doctor strongly recommended Oncotype testing. The outcome was scary and the conclusion devastating - I definitely will need chemotherapy. It will about half the chance of recurring cancer. Shame that dr. Denduluri (without chemotherapy) would have left me with an average chance at recurrence of 26%.

November 30th, 2010
Very good doctor, smart and caring, called to check to see how I was doing after I was having problems with my medication. Would recommend her.

November 24th, 2010
Great people skills, very smart and informative and easy to talk to. Excellent diagnostic doctor.

September 29th, 2010
Very knowledgeable and caring
Dr. Denduluri spent 2 hours with me at my first appointment. She was ready to give me as much time as I needed. She understood my emotional state and shared all her knowledge which is extensive. She didn't boast about her achievements but rather used them to give me confidence that she would do whatever it takes to help me. She gave me alternatives to chemotherapy and followed up for me. She explained the results in detail to my husband and me. She continues to show empathy and still asks about my husband. I feel like I am visiting an old friend when I meet with her. She has great contacts in her field and is not reticent to tell you that she has consulted with her mentors about my case. SHe knows my surgeon and between the two of them I feel I have the best doctors around.