Dr. Neepa Merchant MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

December 31st, 2014
50/50
I am 50/50 on her. I just am not sure if she will be over medicating a little bit too much. I think she is very friendly and seems very thorough in her evaluation, however my husband is in his 30's and his something in his blood work showed up a little bit high after 2 checks. and instead of telling him that he really needs to start exercising and eating better, she told him she wants him to start on medication. I feel like she should have worked with him to figure out if his lifestyle is what is causing this spark or if he doing everything right and it is still not working. OR if she had said listen this if you can not get this level down by the next appointment we will need to start you on the medication. Considering his age, I believe she really should have suggested an alternative to medication.

June 25th, 2012
Patient
super nice lady !! Does listen and cares ...

June 25th, 2011
Defintely recommend Dr. Merchant
Just visited a new doctor in Hillsborough- Dr. Merchant. She was very thorogh in her assesment of my diagnosis. Made me feel very comfortable. The office staff was very friendly too. Would definitely recommend!

December 29th, 2010
jlm_newjersey
Dr. Merchant was recommended to me by a co-worker. She spent adequate time discussing my symptoms and made me feel very comfortable (especially helpful when you are sick). Great doctor for the family.

July 29th, 2010
Dr. Merchant was recommended by a neighbor. Great family physician. Knowledgeable and makes me feel very comfortable. Spends adequate time addressing my health concerns. If you are looking for a friendly physician that you can talk to, then Dr. Merchant is certainly the one.

May 29th, 2009
Definitely recommend Dr. Merchant!!!
Dr. Merchant has been my physician for over two years now. She is a wonderful physician who spends a good amount of time to talk to me and understand my health concerns. She has an excellent bedside manner and is very polite and professional. I have recommended her to many of my friends & family and they have all been happy having her as their primary physician.

May 22nd, 2009
Always in a hurry
Neepa is polite and well mannered, but on both my visits, I found her to be always in a hurry - like she needs to catch a train. She doesn't feel the need to listen to a patient's problem and wants to immediately jump to conclusion. She was going to prescribe allergy medicines to me when I don't have ANY symptoms of allergy! I made myself heard and she realized I really didn't need allergy medicines! Now this case is minor, what if, I'm seriously ill and get the wrong prescription? I for sure, don't ever want to take that chance. Especially when I'm sick, I want to be heard! The office staff seems to lack professionalism. Would I go to her again? A definite, No!