Dr. Neera Bhatia Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Neera Bhatia?

Candace Collins

Posted on July 24th, 2017

I am truly blessed to had been referred to Dr. Bhatia.Dr. Bhatia performed a major surgery she was so attentive and the incision was done so very She made me so comfortable when I first came in.I will be a patient for life.

Disappointed by rude and unhelpful staff

Posted on March 8th, 2016

I have never experienced something so negative in dealing with a doctor's office as I have with this office, and thus have never felt the need to write a review until now. I found Dr. Bhatia through several friends who had had positive experiences with her, and who told me that she had great bedside manner, made them feel at ease etc. It is a shame that her staff completely contradicted the positive experience I had with Dr. Bhatia. Specifically, the woman who answers the phones, helps with appointments, etc., has proven to be rude, short, and disrespectful in dealing with all of my calls over the past year. At one point, I was practically hung up on. She acts as if she does not have time for calls into the office to deal with any matter. At one point, I called in to ask about the process of getting an IUD as opposed to oral contraceptive, for an array of health reasons. I asked if I could place an appointment to discuss is with the doctor, and asked about cost, etc. The woman seemed irate and irritated by my request, said that I would have to pay for it myself, pick it up and bring it to the office. When I said I understood that, that that made sense, and then began to say that I would like to make an appointment, she hung up on me. I have had repeated incidents of the office not refilling my birth control on time, leading to me having to double up on my prescription to catch up, and then becoming sick from the hormones. Specifically, this happened two months in a row, and I was told on both occasions that it was their fault for not refilling that I was not due for an appointment. Yet, when I went into the pharmacy to pick up my prescription, it was denied by Dr. Bhatia's office. After about a year of working with this office, I am now leaving. I would not recommend this doctor to a friend, purely based on her staff and the negative experiences I've had with them. They have left me feeling unwelcome and uncomfortable in the office. Women's healthcare should offer a welcoming, comfortable, and helpful environment, and this office staff does the opposite.

Posted on December 29th, 2015

As a result of 3 emergency room visits, my body was telling me something was not working properly. My arms would go numb, my heart would race, and my body would feel faint. The ER doctors told me that it could be stress and referred me to my PCP. My PCP told me that it was stress. I wasn't happy at all with their diagnosis. When visiting Dr. Bhatia, she ran bloodwork and identified that my symptoms were due to my thyroid and hormone imbalance. If it wasn't for Dr. Bhatia, I would not have been able to live a normal life. I am extremely grateful for her thoroughness and attention to my concerns. I have been a happy client since 2002. Thank you Dr. Bhatia for taking good care of your patients.

Run while you can.

Posted on July 4th, 2014

Posted on August 13th, 2013

I would like to be able to give a review on what I experienced in Dr. Bhatia's office, but twice my appointments have been canceled. She has an online tool in which you can schedule appointments. I did that on two different occassions and received e-mail confirmations that my appointments were scheduled. I then made necessary work arrangements so I could see the doctor. I requested the time off at work, waited approval, arranged for someone to cover me by rearranging work schedules, etc. After all this I got calls saying that the doctor was not, in fact, available the times I scheduled. I don't understand the point of this tool if the doctor does not update her times of availability. Her employees did not know what was going on. After they called me they said to come in at a time different than the ones that were confirmed via e-mail, without explanation. I told them I had scheduled different times than then ones for which they penciled me in. It wasn't until after some questioning that the lightbulb went off and they figured out what was happening. I can't trust someone with my health if they can't run an office that can perform the basic task of scheduling.

Doctor's Response

Hi Diana, I apologize for your trouble and inconvenience. Allow me to explain, to the best of my abilities, why you have encountered this trouble. My scheduling software is provided via Schedulicity, a third party appointment scheduling software. The system allows for users to select dates and times. But it does not integrate with existing electronic medical record or billing companies to ensure patient financial security and comply with federal requirements. In fact, no existing system allows for that integration. Therefore, the online appointment times can not reflect "truly current" availability because it would require us to display de facto patient information - next appointment time. Therefore, I use Schedulicity as a means of patient requests for appointments. In fact, the initial response that is generated following your creation of an appointment time includes a note that the time must be confirmed with the office staff. Text on the scheduling webpage also indicates the same caveat. I kindly ask that patients take note of this when scheduling an appointment. As you asked, what then is the point of the system? This system allows patients to ask for an appointment at their desired time in a fast and efficient manner and for my office to accommodate timing requests so as to ensure a successful and painless visit for the patient. In essence, you can request an appointment without having to call an office during normal office hours and we attempt, with all of our energy, to meet your desired time. With that being said, I am genuinely sorry that you have attempted to make appointments and not received times that fit your schedule. I make every effort to accommodate each patient's schedule. If you would like to see me - now or in the future - please feel free to email me directly and we can personally coordinate a time to meet. As to your final point, I hope that your experience does not undermine your trust in my ability to care for you as a patient. My practice is predicated on ensuring patient health and wellness in a one doctor system. I am the only physician available and the only one to see you - at each visit. This configuration speaks to my philosophy of patient-centric care. I am one of the few solo practice physicians remaining in San Antonio and am certainly among the most experienced. Part of my reputation and character is offering to right any wrongs that a patient perceives. I hope that my explanation and discussion in this email may have helped you with that process. Please feel free to contact me in the future if you require anything. All the best, Neera Bhatia

Posted on July 29th, 2013

I first went to see Dr. Bhatia for severe pain during my cycles. She immediately discovered the problem and prescribed me birth control pills for help with what she thought might be Endometriosis. With in a week or two of starting my pills, my pain was gone, my skin problems went away and my moods improved. A year later, and still taking the same pills, I am happy to say that I have virtually no pain during my cycles, and the length and severity of my cycles has decreased a lot! I appreciate Dr. Bhatia's expertise and quick diagnosis. After years of battling pain, cysts and heavy cycles, I had finally accepted that my fate was to be in pain every month. Dr. Bhatia gave me relief and comfort from my pain as well as hope for my health and well being. Thank you, Dr. Bhatia for your care!

Doctor's Response

Dear Briana: I am humbled that you took the time to explore my practice and place the responsibility of your care with me. Your attestation makes an important point that is a cornerstone of my practice. My patients' wellness is my primary concern. I seek to achieve your health with as little intervention as possible. That is to say, if we can achieve a resolution of your symptoms with minimal intervention - OCPs in your case - I consider our meeting a success. This strategy enables us to gradually progress through different levels of treatment and ensure that conservative treatments are the primary tools in our arsenal to alleviate my patients' problems. Additionally, please know that your comfort is my goal. This comfort includes your long term health and overall ease when visiting me. To that end, I assure you that I will always be available for any questions that you may have and am very much looking forward to seeing you again. Please also accept my thanks for taking the time to write a review explaining your initial concerns and your final assessment of my practice and your experience. Again, please accept my deepest thanks. Best, Dr. Bhatia.

Extremely rude and unsympathetic

Posted on May 21st, 2013

My first experience with Dr. Bhatia was about a year ago. Without going into detail, I was first misdiagnosed and led to believe that my partner had been unfaithful (something that I know was untrue). After running some tests I was called back to the office a week later because the doctor had originally used an expired test. This was extremely inconvenient, given that I had to leave work in the middle of the day for the second time in a week due to an error that they had made. When all was said and done, I was perfectly fine and did not have what the doctor had alleged. My second experience was just recently. I spoke to the receptionist yesterday about getting a prescription. She said that I had not been in for 11 months and would get me the prescription, but I needed to make an appointment in June, I agreed and scheduled an appointment. When I got out of work that day I called the pharmacy only to be informed that the doctor had rejected my request for a prescription. I tried calling Bhatia's office, but they had decided to close early that day so I had to wait for the next morning. This morning when I called, I spoke with Angie. Angie told me to call the pharmacy again and that she would get it taken care of. I did so, but the pharmacy informed me that Angie needed to call them. Frustrated, I called Angie and explained the situation. Angie put me on hold for several minutes and returned with a very rude and obnoxious tone of voice. She said that I hadn't been in the office in over 2 years (which was untrue and confirmed false by the previous receptionist I spoke with) and that she would not do anything for me until my next appointment. That was the last straw for me. I told her I'd like to cancel my appointment scheduled for June, which she replied with an "ok" and a dial tone. Apparently this office does not care if they lose patients and the manner in which they do so. Needless to say I was extremely frustrated with my treatment here. Both the staff and doctor treated me with very little courtesy, understanding, and professionalism. I would not recommend going here, and after reading the previous review can see that I am not the only one feeling this way. It's very disappointing how little people seem to care about customer service and common decency.

Doctor's Response

Dear Guest: I appreciate your concerns and feedback and want to respond with both a constructive discussion of my commitment to my patients and specifically to your comments regarding my practice. For nearly 35 years, I have built my practice, reputation, and business around my patients. My office staff and process flow are all engineered to maximize patient safety, wellness, and well-being. In light of these commitments, your experience is obviously a disheartening one for me to envision. Evidently, our interaction did not leave you feeling as if these commitments were satisfied, nor did it leave you with a fair representation of my practice and its devotion to my patients. I appreciate your comments and the difficulties you may have experienced. To that end, I must apologize and take a brief moment of your time to discuss the commitments that I have developed to each and every one of my patients in 35 years of practice. Please note that any review, disappointing or exalting, commands my attention and, hopefully, allows us each a way to better experiences in the future. I hope that this response, coupled with my reputation as a physician for 35 years, also helps clarify any questions of commitment to my patients and their experiences in my practice. I treat all patients with an understanding that my communication with them sets the tone for their trust and our future relationship. This relationship is a conduit through which I may provide sound medical advice and treatment and the patient feels a genuine satisfaction and safety in their lives and well being. I am genuinely saddened that your experience left you with these impressions and want nothing more than to give you an experience that exceeds your expectations. Having said that, I also hope that you are currently well and receiving diligent care. As for the specific complaints you raised, rest assured that I will work to improve whatever deficiencies or discomforts you experienced. And finally, please remember that I consider competency, patient safety and well-being, and trust the three integral tenets to my practice. I am committed to all three tenets with each and every patient that I treat or see. And finally, I always greet and treat my patients with respect from their first visit until the last time I see them, even if they choose to leave. This respect is paramount to establishing a genuine relationship between patient and physician and securing the trust and comfort that a physician needs to properly care for a patient. If any of these tenets - individual care, treatment by my staff and me, discretion, or absolute trust - were compromised in any way during your visits, please accept my most sincere apologies. If there is anything that I can do in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at my office. I do hope that this response finds you well. All the best, Dr. Bhatia

Super Dr.

Posted on March 25th, 2013

Time to wait average, staff very friendly atmosphere. First time visit and I was a little scare because previous reviews. After meeting Dr. Bhatia I knew I was in good hands. She answer all my questions and concerns without timing .

Doctor's Response

Dear Mrs. Cardenas: I am humbled that you took the time to explore my practice and place the responsibility of your care with me. Additionally, please know that your comfort is my goal. This comfort includes your long term health and overall ease when visiting me. To that end, I assure you that I will always be available for any questions that you may have and am very much looking forward to seeing you again. Please also accept my thanks for taking the time to write a review explaining your initial concerns and your final assessment of my practice and your experience. Again, please accept my deepest thanks. Best, Dr. Bhatia.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK

Posted on March 22nd, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Bhatia for over 19 years. She has been my surgeon twice, both good experiences. She is thorough, which can sometimes mean a lengthy appointment, but that's a small price to pay for such a good physician. I have always recommended her to my family, friends, and nursing colleagues.

Doctor's Response

Dear Bertha: Your willingness to place your care, health, and trust in my hands and your overwhelmingly positive experience reaffirm my passion for medicine and treating patients such as yourself. Long-standing patient-physician relationships are becoming a rarity in today's medical field, especially as physicians shutter their doors and are absorbed by larger groups and hospital systems. As a result, I am humbled that your choice was to continue care and trust in my abilities for so many years. Our relationship allows me to be better attuned to your needs and concerns and, hopefully, ensures a healthier and more satisfying bill of health for you. Please also accept my thanks for taking the time and giving me the consideration of referrals to your closest acquaintances. No endorsement rings truer or speaks more highly. Again, please accept my deepest thanks. Best, Dr. Bhatia.

Dr. Bhatia is my #1 Dr.

Posted on October 29th, 2012

Dr. Bhatiais an awesome Dr. I have been coming to her office for over sixteen years. Her staff has remained with her over the years I've been coming in for my checkups. Dr. Bhatia, takes her time explaing to her patients, and making them feel at ease. She has always been professional at all times. The staff is amazing, there always professional and caring. You could not see any other Dr., other than Dr. Bhatia she is the best. I can honestly say, I have never had a bad experience in all my sixteen years.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient: Your willingness to place your care and health in my hands and your overwhelmingly positive experience reaffirm my passion for medicine and treating patients such as yourself. I am humbled that you took the time to explore my practice so many years ago and place the responsibility of your care with me from that time going forward. I assure you that I will always be available for any questions that you may have and am very much looking forward to seeing you again. Please also accept my thanks for taking the time to attribute your comfort to more than just me, especially your interaction with my staff. I emphasize a comprehensively professional environment that embraces new technology and encourages lifelong relationships between my office and each patient. Again, please accept my deepest thanks. Best, Dr. Bhatia.

Not recommended to anyone!

Posted on October 21st, 2012

Horrible experience! I waited for more than 1.5 hrs to see this doctor. This was my first and last visit to her. The receptionist was rude and so was the doctor. When I complaint about the waiting time, I was told that the doctor was overbooked and if I have to see her then I have to live with it. Overall, I had a very bad experience. Will not go to this doctor again.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient: I appreciate your concerns and feedback and want to respond with a constructive discussion of my commitment to my patients and those of my office to patients. For nearly 35 years, I have built my practice, reputation, and business around my patients. Although my role as a clinical professor is valuable, my practice is, absolutely, a single-physician private practice. I am not only aware of each and every one of my patients but I also make it a point to build a relationship along with delivering care to each and every patient. As for the front office complications, please excuse any difficulties that you may have encountered. My office manager, Angie, has managed the office since my first day of practice. She too demonstrates the same level of respect and competency that I demand from myself. Additionally, she plays a role in safe-guarding patient information and serving as a liaison between patients and myself. If there was any miscommunications or perceived deficiencies, please accept my deepest apologies. Finally, please understand that your comments are disconcerting and disheartening. Suffice it to say that I treat all patients with an understanding that my communication with them sets the tone for their trust and our future relationship. This relationship is a conduit through which I may provide sound medical advice and treatment and the patient feels a genuine satisfaction and safety in their lives and well being. I am genuinely saddened that your experience left you with these impressions and want nothing more than to give you an experience that exceeds your expectations. Having said that, I also hope that you are currently well and receiving diligent care. As for the specific complaints you raised, rest assured that I will work to improve whatever deficiencies or discomforts you experienced. And finally, please remember that I consider competency, patient safety and well-being, and trust the three integral tenets to my practice. I am committed to all three tenets with each and every patient that I treat or see. And finally, I always greet and treat my patients with respect from their first visit until the last time I see them, even if they choose to leave. This respect is paramount to establishing a genuine relationship between patient and physician and securing the trust and comfort that a physician needs to properly care for a patient. If any of these tenets - individual care, treatment by my staff and me, discretion, or absolute trust - were compromised in any way during your visits, please accept my most sincere apologies. If there is anything that I can do in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at my office. I do hope that this response finds you well. All the best, Dr. Bhatia

Be Aware! Rude Doctor! No manners!

Posted on October 12th, 2012

I can't believe that a physician can be so rude. She is the WORST doctor I have ever see. She doesn't know how to talk to patients. I WILL NOT recommend her to anyone, not even to my wrost enemy.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient -- I appreciate your concerns and feedback and want to respond with a constructive discussion of the tenants of my practice and my commitment to my patients. For nearly 35 years, I have built my practice, reputation, and business around my patients. As a physician, our training is paramount to our success, but this training means nothing without the trust, friendship, and experiences of our patients. Your comments are disconcerting and disheartening. Suffice it to say that I treat all patients with an understanding that my communication with them sets the tone for their trust and our future relationship. This relationship is a conduit through which I may provide sound medical advice and treatment and the patient feels a genuine satisfaction and safety in their lives and well being. I am genuinely saddened that your experience left you with these impressions and want nothing more than to give you an experience that exceeds your expectations. Having said that, I also hope that you are currently well and receiving diligent care. As for the specific complaints you raised, rest assured that I will work to improve whatever deficiencies or discomforts you experienced. And finally, please remember that I consider competency, patient safety and well-being, and trust the three integral tenets to my practice. I am committed to all three tenets with each and every patient that I treat or see. And finally, I always greet and treat my patients with respect from their first visit until the last time I see them, even if they choose to leave. This respect is paramount to establishing a genuine relationship between patient and physician and securing the trust and comfort that a physician needs to properly care for a patient. If any of these tenets - individual care, treatment by my staff and me, discretion, or absolute trust - were compromised in any way during your visits, please accept my most sincere apologies. If there is anything that I can do in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at my office. I do hope that this response finds you well. All the best, Dr. Bhatia