Dr. Neera Bhatia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

March 8th, 2016
Disappointed by rude and unhelpful staff
I have never experienced something so negative in dealing with a doctor's office as I have with this office, and thus have never felt the need to write a review until now. I found Dr. Bhatia through several friends who had had positive experiences with her, and who told me that she had great bedside manner, made them feel at ease etc. It is a shame that her staff completely contradicted the positive experience I had with Dr. Bhatia. Specifically, the woman who answers the phones, helps with appointments, etc., has proven to be rude, short, and disrespectful in dealing with all of my calls over the past year. At one point, I was practically hung up on. She acts as if she does not have time for calls into the office to deal with any matter. At one point, I called in to ask about the process of getting an IUD as opposed to oral contraceptive, for an array of health reasons. I asked if I could place an appointment to discuss is with the doctor, and asked about cost, etc. The woman seemed irate and irritated by my request, said that I would have to pay for it myself, pick it up and bring it to the office. When I said I understood that, that that made sense, and then began to say that I would like to make an appointment, she hung up on me. I have had repeated incidents of the office not refilling my birth control on time, leading to me having to double up on my prescription to catch up, and then becoming sick from the hormones. Specifically, this happened two months in a row, and I was told on both occasions that it was their fault for not refilling that I was not due for an appointment. Yet, when I went into the pharmacy to pick up my prescription, it was denied by Dr. Bhatia's office. After about a year of working with this office, I am now leaving. I would not recommend this doctor to a friend, purely based on her staff and the negative experiences I've had with them. They have left me feeling unwelcome and uncomfortable in the office. Women's healthcare should offer a welcoming, comfortable, and helpful environment, and this office staff does the opposite.

December 29th, 2015
As a result of 3 emergency room visits, my body was telling me something was not working properly. My arms would go numb, my heart would race, and my body would feel faint. The ER doctors told me that it could be stress and referred me to my PCP. My PCP told me that it was stress. I wasn't happy at all with their diagnosis. When visiting Dr. Bhatia, she ran bloodwork and identified that my symptoms were due to my thyroid and hormone imbalance. If it wasn't for Dr. Bhatia, I would not have been able to live a normal life. I am extremely grateful for her thoroughness and attention to my concerns. I have been a happy client since 2002. Thank you Dr. Bhatia for taking good care of your patients.

August 13th, 2013
I would like to be able to give a review on what I experienced in Dr. Bhatia's office, but twice my appointments have been canceled. She has an online tool in which you can schedule appointments. I did that on two different occassions and received e-mail confirmations that my appointments were scheduled. I then made necessary work arrangements so I could see the doctor. I requested the time off at work, waited approval, arranged for someone to cover me by rearranging work schedules, etc. After all this I got calls saying that the doctor was not, in fact, available the times I scheduled. I don't understand the point of this tool if the doctor does not update her times of availability. Her employees did not know what was going on. After they called me they said to come in at a time different than the ones that were confirmed via e-mail, without explanation. I told them I had scheduled different times than then ones for which they penciled me in. It wasn't until after some questioning that the lightbulb went off and they figured out what was happening. I can't trust someone with my health if they can't run an office that can perform the basic task of scheduling.

July 29th, 2013
I first went to see Dr. Bhatia for severe pain during my cycles. She immediately discovered the problem and prescribed me birth control pills for help with what she thought might be Endometriosis. With in a week or two of starting my pills, my pain was gone, my skin problems went away and my moods improved. A year later, and still taking the same pills, I am happy to say that I have virtually no pain during my cycles, and the length and severity of my cycles has decreased a lot! I appreciate Dr. Bhatia's expertise and quick diagnosis. After years of battling pain, cysts and heavy cycles, I had finally accepted that my fate was to be in pain every month. Dr. Bhatia gave me relief and comfort from my pain as well as hope for my health and well being. Thank you, Dr. Bhatia for your care!

May 21st, 2013
Extremely rude and unsympathetic
My first experience with Dr. Bhatia was about a year ago. Without going into detail, I was first misdiagnosed and led to believe that my partner had been unfaithful (something that I know was untrue). After running some tests I was called back to the office a week later because the doctor had originally used an expired test. This was extremely inconvenient, given that I had to leave work in the middle of the day for the second time in a week due to an error that they had made. When all was said and done, I was perfectly fine and did not have what the doctor had alleged. My second experience was just recently. I spoke to the receptionist yesterday about getting a prescription. She said that I had not been in for 11 months and would get me the prescription, but I needed to make an appointment in June, I agreed and scheduled an appointment. When I got out of work that day I called the pharmacy only to be informed that the doctor had rejected my request for a prescription. I tried calling Bhatia's office, but they had decided to close early that day so I had to wait for the next morning. This morning when I called, I spoke with Angie. Angie told me to call the pharmacy again and that she would get it taken care of. I did so, but the pharmacy informed me that Angie needed to call them. Frustrated, I called Angie and explained the situation. Angie put me on hold for several minutes and returned with a very rude and obnoxious tone of voice. She said that I hadn't been in the office in over 2 years (which was untrue and confirmed false by the previous receptionist I spoke with) and that she would not do anything for me until my next appointment. That was the last straw for me. I told her I'd like to cancel my appointment scheduled for June, which she replied with an "ok" and a dial tone. Apparently this office does not care if they lose patients and the manner in which they do so. Needless to say I was extremely frustrated with my treatment here. Both the staff and doctor treated me with very little courtesy, understanding, and professionalism. I would not recommend going here, and after reading the previous review can see that I am not the only one feeling this way. It's very disappointing how little people seem to care about customer service and common decency.

March 25th, 2013
Super Dr.
Time to wait average, staff very friendly atmosphere. First time visit and I was a little scare because previous reviews. After meeting Dr. Bhatia I knew I was in good hands. She answer all my questions and concerns without timing .

March 21st, 2013
IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK
I have been a patient of Dr Bhatia for over 19 years. She has been my surgeon twice, both good experiences. She is thorough, which can sometimes mean a lengthy appointment, but that's a small price to pay for such a good physician. I have always recommended her to my family, friends, and nursing colleagues.

October 29th, 2012
Dr. Bhatia is my #1 Dr.
Dr. Bhatiais an awesome Dr. I have been coming to her office for over sixteen years. Her staff has remained with her over the years I've been coming in for my checkups. Dr. Bhatia, takes her time explaing to her patients, and making them feel at ease. She has always been professional at all times. The staff is amazing, there always professional and caring. You could not see any other Dr., other than Dr. Bhatia she is the best. I can honestly say, I have never had a bad experience in all my sixteen years.

October 21st, 2012
Not recommended to anyone!
Horrible experience! I waited for more than 1.5 hrs to see this doctor. This was my first and last visit to her. The receptionist was rude and so was the doctor. When I complaint about the waiting time, I was told that the doctor was overbooked and if I have to see her then I have to live with it. Overall, I had a very bad experience. Will not go to this doctor again.

October 12th, 2012
Be Aware! Rude Doctor! No manners!
I can't believe that a physician can be so rude. She is the WORST doctor I have ever see. She doesn't know how to talk to patients. I WILL NOT recommend her to anyone, not even to my wrost enemy.

June 19th, 2012
If you like "thorough", Dr. Bhatia is the doctor for you.
Dr. Bhatia is a highly competent surgeon. She fights on your behalf with insurance and hospital bureaucracy. My surgery went so smoothly that I was up walking within a few hours and feeling great. I have four tiny spot scars, one of which is totally hidden inside my bellybutton. The other three are almost invisible with the use of Vitamin E oil for the last few months. I really liked the hospital that her office is attached to. It was just small enough to give immediate care within seconds of calling for a nurse with their call button system. The nurses were awesome all night long as I needed food or wanted to walk. Being a teacher myself, I wanted a professor to be my surgeon, as I know that teachers have to set a good example for their students and will not make careless mistakes. I was right in picking Dr. Bhatia from my online search.

June 12th, 2012
Absolutely Amazing
Dr. Bhatia was wonderful she took time to explain all the procedure before doing anything, She delivered my little girl. Her staff was equality courteous...Thank You Dr. B