Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 20th, 2016

very qualified physician with a great bedside manner

Jul 6th, 2015

I had read some of the reviews before making my first appointment with Dr. Kohli. While there were some negative ones, I decided to make an appointment. I am so glad that I did. Dr. Kohli is very personable, which is what I was looking for, and incredibly knowledgeable. He moves and talks quickly but when he saw that I had questions and was worried about my upcoming surgery, he slowed down and took his time answering my many questions and did not make me feel rushed at all - he was very reassuring, very thorough and as a bonus, has a great sense of humor. His staff (Angela at the front desk, Sondra the nurse and Kim the PA) were all incredibly helpful. After my surgery, Dr. Kohli called me at home to check in and see how I was doing and if I had any questions. A few days later, Kim spent a half hour with me on the phone answering my questions and reassuring me that everything I was experiencing was normal. After both calls, I hung up the phone feeling relieved of my concerns and much more upbeat. I'm writing in such detail because I know that everyone can have an "off" day (including those who write reviews, doctors and staff) and you simply cannot please everyone. Dr. Kohli and his staff are very caring, knowledgeable, and are there to help you. If you have concerns about any aspect of your care or the operation of his practice, be respectful and talk to him first. I assure you, he will address any concerns you may have. I highly recommend Dr. Kohli and his staff.

Bad experience show details Bad experience
Mar 11th, 2014

TVT Sling Surgery for SUI left me with chronic pain. I diagnosed myself with ilioinguinal nerve entrapment after suffering for months after surgery. I never saw Dr Kohli in the recovery room after my surgery. The written report of the surgery was inaccurate. I Did not get helpful feedback from doctor. Office visits in three different locations were stressful and confusing. I was mixed up with another patient during one visit. I was told the doctor was not in on a day I had scheduled to see him another time. I was made to feel that I was imagining the pain. I had a CAT scan to pinpoint the pain with no results. I have had two sessions of physical therapy to try to alleviate the pain in the left groin area. It finally went away after a recent hysterectomy. Now I am told that the area around the mesh is calcifying. Since my surgery in 2009 I have read about the lawsuits against these artificial mesh manufacturers. I would recommend caution when dealing with this surgery.

Phone does NOT get answered show details Phone does NOT get answered
Oct 9th, 2013

Calling the office sends you into a phone tree, "If you are a patient and need to speak to someone urgently, please dial 0". Nobody answers. And after another 5 rings, you can leave a message. The DAY after the operation, called & left an urgent message about an issue. NOTHING. Two days post-op, after leaving another message, I called the hospital. The nurse on staff told me that even THEY had problems getting through. He's very friendly & well respected (and has an OSCAR???), but I don't understand why he skimped on this part of his service. Very disappointing.

Oct 2nd, 2012

Quite simply, Dr. Kohli gave me my life back. Suffering from IC for a year before I finally found him, I could barely leave my home. Within a few weeks, I was pain-free, frequency-free and am now living a normal life. Love Dr. Kohli.

The best and the brightest show details The best and the brightest
Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Kohli is a brilliant and talented surgeon who is blessed with a kind bedside manner. His work is renowned and he is in great demand as a urogynecologist in the Boston area. In addition, he is devoted to his patients and maintains a wonderful, caring, professional staff.

This Dr. treated me like a number show details This Dr. treated me like a number
Jun 12th, 2012

I had gotten my [very heavy] period prior to my first appointment. Called the office to reschedule and the receptionist told me "not to worry". I kept the appointment eager to find out about what would be done for my upcoming operation.I met with the Dr. who told me he would have to check me. I explained I didn't think I would be checked since I had my period. He spoke down to me saying "you and pull the tampon out while I check you, then put it back in". I told him no. I had called the office and the receptionist told me not to worry. He proceeded to tell me that it was because it "takes a long time to get an appointment with him". When it was clear I didn't want to be checked that day he threw the papers that I completed for him back at me and told me to bring them in next time I came in. He also had a student, which made me uncomfortable. Anyway, rather than explain the procedure I as scheduled for, it felt like all he wanted to do was use me to teach his student and not waste his time. I will never go back to him.

Dr. Neeraj Kohli is a rate bred of doctor in today's world show details Dr. Neeraj Kohli is a rate bred of doctor in today's world
May 5th, 2012

Dr. Kohli is an amazing doctor who both cares deeply about his patients and does great surgical work. He also has an amazing associate helping him when he is not available. I strongly recommend him and his practice! I also am very grateful to have been referred to him. I mean really what doctor takes the time to call you at home not once but twice to check on you, they don't make to many caring men like thi anymore!

One Happy Patient show details One Happy Patient
Apr 10th, 2012

I was very happy with the ease of making appointments and with Dr. Kohli's skill and know how. I had bladder surgery and I am very happy with the results I would not hesitate referring people to his office.

The worst doctor I've seen in many years show details The worst doctor I've seen in many years
Apr 8th, 2012

Don't trust Dr. Kohli....he lied to me and won't accept the fact that the work he did, failed...I have continuing health problems because of him....

BEWARE this Doctor show details BEWARE this Doctor
Mar 6th, 2012

This doctor is all about making money. I went in to see Dr Kholi in hopes that he could do a procedure that would remove my stress incontinence and after he examined me, he quickly jumped in and suggested that while he was doing that procedure, he noticed I had uteral prolapse and rectal prolapse and he could take care of them all at once. I have since seen another Dr from Boston Urogynecologists Associates and she said I didn't have any more prolapse than most other women in their 40s and it didn't need treatment. I felt that Dr. Kholi spoke to me as if he were a car salesman who was trying to talk me into the added sunroof and tinted windows.

Doctor's Response

We evaluate, counsel, and manage each patient individually. After a comprhensive exam and appropriate testing, we review the diagnosis and exam findings as well as treatment options which always include no treatment, conservative therapies, and surgery, if appropriate. We never "push" patients in one direction as my job is to educate and advise. If a patient considering surgery for stress incontinence also has prolapse (and 30% do), we offer to correct it at the same time if the patient desires rather than letting it get worse and needing another surgery down the road. Again, it is always the patients decision and we have the utmost respect for each patient's autonomy in decision making. They can pick and choose which procedures when recommended they would like done based on their symptoms and how much it bothers them. We also encourage all patients to go home and think about out recommendations even when some say they are ready to schedule surgery on the first visit. We are always available to address questions and concerns. I am sorry this patient heard something other than that.

Jan 31st, 2012

After seeing another URO GYN, I was highly impressed with Dr. Kohli. He took me on time; talked to me first; examined me and then we talked again. He explained things in much more detail, in one visit than the other doctor I had seen for 15 months! I would certainly recommend him. I had to wait an hour an a half for the other URO GYN; Dr. Kohli took me immediately. He feels that my time is as valuable to me as his is to him! What doctor feels that way? His staff was polite and great! He had great reviews by a friend and also my GYN!

Professional show details Professional
Dec 14th, 2011

Dr. Kohli and his staff are without a doubt top notch! I will recommend Dr. Kohli to any friend in need of his medical expertise. His new location is beautiful and without a doubt his patients are his number 1 concern in getting in to see him and making sure you feel comfortable. I have never felt rushed by Dr. Kohli and he and his staff answered each and every question I had without making me feel like I was "holding" them up.

Amazing doctor! show details Amazing doctor!
Dec 6th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Kohli for several years and would not consider going anywhere else. In the medical world, this is who everyone goes to when faced with a urogynecology issue. I typically don't leave feedback, but felt obligated after reading some of the negative comments. Dr. Kohli is kind, knowledgeable, and takes the time to answer questions and eased my fears. I decided to stay with him when he left BWH, because I wanted to continue to have that personal experience and not feel like I was a number, which often happens at bigger, hospital based practices!

Made my life worth living show details Made my life worth living
Dec 5th, 2011

I suffered for years from a bladder disorder. I changed PCP's and Uro's constantly. I had been diagnosed prior to seeing Dr Kohli, but my symptoms where not being adequately treated. He gave me a list of treatment options, which I explored though trial and error, until I found my current regiment. I tell him what my needs are and he makes sure that I get what I need. I don't understand people talking about him not listening. One of the current treatments I use was reccomended on the IC website. I told him that I wanted to try it, and he made it happen. Now I dont have to plan my trips around bathroom availability.

Great experience show details Great experience
Aug 10th, 2011

Referred to Dr. kohl for a postop complication if surgery done elsewhere. He carefully reviewed the chart and then examined me. Made the diagnosis quickly and I was scheduled for surgery within 2 weeks since I wanted it done before the end of the summer. My surgery went flawless and I am no longer in pain-wish had found him and him team months earlier! Great doc! Highly recommended!

Jul 25th, 2011

Dr. Kohli is extremely knowledgable has been great with educating me with the options available to me. I would recommend him to anyone of my family or friends

past pt. with excellent results! show details past pt. with excellent results!
Jul 23rd, 2011

I had surgery by Dr Kohli 10 years ago and my results have been excellent!! He was very caring and accurate in his diagnosis. I have just referred a close friend to him.

Jun 7th, 2011

My experience there was good except he did so many tests without discussing whether they were all necesary or how much they cost. When I received a bill for over $3000 that I would be responsible for made me very angry. Unfortunately, it left me with a negative feeling about him. It was his office manager that was horrendous. She told me I would not have to pay the bill, but I was not welcome in there practice anymore. All this because I questioned my bill. Very unprofessional!

Jan 5th, 2009

Saw Dr. Kolhi for urinary incontinence which was left untreated for 5 years-he made the diagnosis quickly and started me on a treatment plan with close followup. I was better within a few weeks and can now vist my grandchildren without wetting the bed. Dr. Kolhi and his staff were wonderful! They gave me back my life! Would recommend them highly.