Dr. Neeraj Kohli MD, MBA Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2017
The Dr's Staff could care less
Dr is great. His assistant will make you feel like trash. You see they treat wealthy older women at Boston Urogyn, if you're under 50 it's rare, and I have been told that. My first visit I was frightened, not knowing what to expect and when I asked to use the restroom I was treated like someone who just walked in off the street. Pretty sure that's how they judged me.. "OUR RESTROOMS ARE FOR PATIENTS ONLY." They thought I just rolled in off the street, I had paid my copay and had been there for 15 minutes. I felt horrible like maybe I should have worn better clothes or fixed my hair to look more "Newtonesque." I cried because I felt like I was in the wrong place and that I didn't feel valued as a patient. Then a week after my second surgery in a year (Because the first one was a failure) Per the PA my pain should under control or be gone by now.." I have sutures on top of sutures that are throbbing, cauterization of cervix, I can feel the layers of mesh on top of my pelvic bone and the region is swollen up like a softball. They refuse to communicate with my primary care doctor, so I have had to fight for pain management and intervene. Treating me like trash, like an addict. My record shows I don't even drink alcohol.. Seriously. Once the Doctor is done with you. They make you feel like nothing. I even paid a $20 copay for a pre op appointment. Turns out I went there and paid $20 just to sign a waiver. All about the money and nothing about the healing, pain control, bedside manner. Once you're out, they care zero about the comfort or your well being when it's over. Be wary and advocate for yourself with his staff because he is hardly there. I never even saw his partner after the surgery he went to Iceland apparently, and Dr. Kholi Baltimore. I was supposed to go home with a catheter in case of a hemorrhage and a VA. I got nothing, no help. Yes Dr Kholi is a Superhero for a moment in time, then all of a sudden when he's gone, you find yourself parked under a bus..

January 20th, 2016
very qualified physician with a great bedside manner

July 6th, 2015
I had read some of the reviews before making my first appointment with Dr. Kohli. While there were some negative ones, I decided to make an appointment. I am so glad that I did. Dr. Kohli is very personable, which is what I was looking for, and incredibly knowledgeable. He moves and talks quickly but when he saw that I had questions and was worried about my upcoming surgery, he slowed down and took his time answering my many questions and did not make me feel rushed at all - he was very reassuring, very thorough and as a bonus, has a great sense of humor. His staff (Angela at the front desk, Sondra the nurse and Kim the PA) were all incredibly helpful. After my surgery, Dr. Kohli called me at home to check in and see how I was doing and if I had any questions. A few days later, Kim spent a half hour with me on the phone answering my questions and reassuring me that everything I was experiencing was normal. After both calls, I hung up the phone feeling relieved of my concerns and much more upbeat. I'm writing in such detail because I know that everyone can have an "off" day (including those who write reviews, doctors and staff) and you simply cannot please everyone. Dr. Kohli and his staff are very caring, knowledgeable, and are there to help you. If you have concerns about any aspect of your care or the operation of his practice, be respectful and talk to him first. I assure you, he will address any concerns you may have. I highly recommend Dr. Kohli and his staff.

March 11th, 2014
Bad experience
TVT Sling Surgery for SUI left me with chronic pain. I diagnosed myself with ilioinguinal nerve entrapment after suffering for months after surgery. I never saw Dr Kohli in the recovery room after my surgery. The written report of the surgery was inaccurate. I Did not get helpful feedback from doctor. Office visits in three different locations were stressful and confusing. I was mixed up with another patient during one visit. I was told the doctor was not in on a day I had scheduled to see him another time. I was made to feel that I was imagining the pain. I had a CAT scan to pinpoint the pain with no results. I have had two sessions of physical therapy to try to alleviate the pain in the left groin area. It finally went away after a recent hysterectomy. Now I am told that the area around the mesh is calcifying. Since my surgery in 2009 I have read about the lawsuits against these artificial mesh manufacturers. I would recommend caution when dealing with this surgery.

October 9th, 2013
Phone does NOT get answered
Calling the office sends you into a phone tree, "If you are a patient and need to speak to someone urgently, please dial 0". Nobody answers. And after another 5 rings, you can leave a message. The DAY after the operation, called & left an urgent message about an issue. NOTHING. Two days post-op, after leaving another message, I called the hospital. The nurse on staff told me that even THEY had problems getting through. He's very friendly & well respected (and has an OSCAR???), but I don't understand why he skimped on this part of his service. Very disappointing.

October 2nd, 2012
Quite simply, Dr. Kohli gave me my life back. Suffering from IC for a year before I finally found him, I could barely leave my home. Within a few weeks, I was pain-free, frequency-free and am now living a normal life. Love Dr. Kohli.

June 27th, 2012
The best and the brightest
Dr. Kohli is a brilliant and talented surgeon who is blessed with a kind bedside manner. His work is renowned and he is in great demand as a urogynecologist in the Boston area. In addition, he is devoted to his patients and maintains a wonderful, caring, professional staff.

June 12th, 2012
This Dr. treated me like a number
I had gotten my [very heavy] period prior to my first appointment. Called the office to reschedule and the receptionist told me "not to worry". I kept the appointment eager to find out about what would be done for my upcoming operation.I met with the Dr. who told me he would have to check me. I explained I didn't think I would be checked since I had my period. He spoke down to me saying "you and pull the tampon out while I check you, then put it back in". I told him no. I had called the office and the receptionist told me not to worry. He proceeded to tell me that it was because it "takes a long time to get an appointment with him". When it was clear I didn't want to be checked that day he threw the papers that I completed for him back at me and told me to bring them in next time I came in. He also had a student, which made me uncomfortable. Anyway, rather than explain the procedure I as scheduled for, it felt like all he wanted to do was use me to teach his student and not waste his time. I will never go back to him.

May 5th, 2012
Dr. Neeraj Kohli is a rate bred of doctor in today's world
Dr. Kohli is an amazing doctor who both cares deeply about his patients and does great surgical work. He also has an amazing associate helping him when he is not available. I strongly recommend him and his practice! I also am very grateful to have been referred to him. I mean really what doctor takes the time to call you at home not once but twice to check on you, they don't make to many caring men like thi anymore!

April 10th, 2012
One Happy Patient
I was very happy with the ease of making appointments and with Dr. Kohli's skill and know how. I had bladder surgery and I am very happy with the results I would not hesitate referring people to his office.

April 8th, 2012
The worst doctor I've seen in many years
Don't trust Dr. Kohli....he lied to me and won't accept the fact that the work he did, failed...I have continuing health problems because of him....

March 7th, 2012
BEWARE this Doctor
This doctor is all about making money. I went in to see Dr Kholi in hopes that he could do a procedure that would remove my stress incontinence and after he examined me, he quickly jumped in and suggested that while he was doing that procedure, he noticed I had uteral prolapse and rectal prolapse and he could take care of them all at once. I have since seen another Dr from Boston Urogynecologists Associates and she said I didn't have any more prolapse than most other women in their 40s and it didn't need treatment. I felt that Dr. Kholi spoke to me as if he were a car salesman who was trying to talk me into the added sunroof and tinted windows.
Doctor's Response

We evaluate, counsel, and manage each patient individually. After a comprhensive exam and appropriate testing, we review the diagnosis and exam findings as well as treatment options which always include no treatment, conservative therapies, and surgery, if appropriate. We never "push" patients in one direction as my job is to educate and advise. If a patient considering surgery for stress incontinence also has prolapse (and 30% do), we offer to correct it at the same time if the patient desires rather than letting it get worse and needing another surgery down the road. Again, it is always the patients decision and we have the utmost respect for each patient's autonomy in decision making. They can pick and choose which procedures when recommended they would like done based on their symptoms and how much it bothers them. We also encourage all patients to go home and think about out recommendations even when some say they are ready to schedule surgery on the first visit. We are always available to address questions and concerns. I am sorry this patient heard something other than that.