Dr. Neeral Patel MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

Showing 1 - 1 review

February 5th, 2013
Hospital Stay
This Dr. did not have a clue about a rare disease my daughter had and instead of trying to deal with her symptoms he said it was all in her head. He also suggested we go to a larger "institution" that could deal with it! Ok, so in an emergency I am going to drive over 200 miles for help when the closest hospital is Riverside, 5 minutes from my home! He also told my daughter I was "mean". He was talking to a person in their late 20's not a child. The issue of why we were there was not dealt with until the 3rd and dealt with poorly. This Dr and his entire team were uninformed and useless and to top this off what they wrote in her records, records that will follow her, is criminal. The records we retrieved from the hospital stated she had psychiatric issues and that her doctor agreed with this. Her doctor was confronted and stated, in email (in writing), that he does not believe that she has psychiatric issues. Now, whom are we going to believe, her doctor or a doctor from the hospital who wanted everything to be psychiatric so he would not have to deal with her because it was too hard? Why was it too hard? Because she has 2 very rare diseases and he did not want to have to do the work. First the blame was put on my daughter, all in her head, and then they added me to it, "mean". This really makes one wonder... To top all this off the Rheumatologist thought it could be a rare drug reaction but the doctor never even drew blood levels to check for toxicity. They made their minds up that she was mentally unstable yet they kept her in the hospital for 6 days Riverside is a great hospital it is too bad they have second-rate doctors.