Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Miracle doc show details Miracle doc
by Lucy k on Feb 14th, 2016

Efficient, very knowledgeable and a life saver!! Highly recommend him to all

Apr 25th, 2015

He is knowledgeable, efficient, and trustworthy !! what more can a patient ask for.. I would definitely recommend him .

Feb 6th, 2015

Terrible bedside manner.

SAVED by his brilliance show details SAVED by his brilliance
by His surgery patient on Mar 10th, 2013

This man may not have the best bedside manner but he will tell you the truth, give you an accurate diagnosis and in my case saved my life. Brain surgery isn't rocket science its harder... I wouldn't have the life I have today if it wasn't for his excellence. CARE does not get any better than this.

Excellent Doctor! Saved my life! show details Excellent Doctor! Saved my life!
Nov 15th, 2012

Dr. Neil Martin at the UCLA Ronald Reagon Medical Center is excellent. He performed an arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and aneuroysm removal surgery five years ago. Dr. Martin saved my life. The surgery was quite extensive and yes it took many hours. Dr. Martin is extremely thorough. He ex Dr. Martin and his wonderful staff gave me the best of care. He was very good to my family while I was in recovery.

Incompetent! show details Incompetent!
Jun 5th, 2012

The wait was entirely too long (over two hours) and this neurosurgeon is telling me he is going to do a surgery 'old school' style and take 10 or more hours. I am not doubting he is skilled at aneuryisms, however, more specialized brain tumors he is not. I could see him twitch in his seat when I asked some of my questions. I consulted with other doctors and general concensus is 4 hours This neurosurgeon couldn't even find one of the 'issues' on the MRI. I am beyond annoyed that this doctor is considered anything above an average surgeon. He is rather old to be up to the cutting edge lasers (which is said as much in the consultation) and seems to display this on the videos online. Fancy screens do not make a cutting edge doctor. It's all smoke and mirrors with this doctor. My advice: If you are seeking brain tumors and this is UCLA's best option.....RUN !