Dr. Neil Bach MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 7th, 2017
Favorite Doctor Ever!!
This doctor takes copious notes during our visits and therefore, is able to continue where we left off at the last visit without hesitation. He has great common sense and vision and really takes his time to explain issues well. I have never left his office not feeling that I received answers to all of my questions.

June 11th, 2015
Highly recommend
Never before have I ever written a review on any website, and was only on here because I have misplaced the office number and am trying to find it, but after reading the negative review I felt that I should write something. I was sent to Dr. Bach when my previous neurologist was not knowledgeable enough about my diagnosis to help me and suggested I see him; she had been with me since the beginning and I wasn't looking forward to seeing someone new but was glad she was honest about her limitations. At my first appointment he listened and answered any questions I had and educated me on what I needed to know and how my diagnosis would effect my life and we came up with an effective plan that I am comfortable with. I went in concerned and a bit scared and walked out with hope and comfort and a great degree of appreciation for him. He takes notes throughout the entire appointment which I really like because he is able to come in and talk to you as if no time has passed and knows exactly what happened during the last visit. At this point I can't remember why he ended up calling me after my first time seeing him but I do remember he called later that afternoon after he had gotten home and I was so blown away that he took personal time to call about something I hadn't been expecting to hear about until the next week from a secretary. This kind of brings me to the only negative thing I can say. The staff in the office are not quite up to the level I would have liked as it seems to take them a while to acknowledge I am there and a few seem a bit inept at the idea that a secretaries duty is to make visitors feel welcomed and appreciated. At the same time I don't know what their job entails so take that bit with a grain of salt as I had a previous job training secretaries and I have a high standard when it comes to how they should interact with clients. Overall I enjoy my appointments (as much as one can appreciate a doctors appointment) and my only concern is that he will retire far sooner than I will be done needing a neurologist and don't know who will be able to replace him. I strongly recommend Dr. Bach and am beyond thankful that he was available to take me on.

February 5th, 2014
Dr. Bach is a wonderful, compassionate and fair doctor! He is very knowledgeable and honest. Dr. Bach always spends a lot of time with me and in this day and age when practices are focusing on quantity instead of quality, I appreciate that very much. Unlike another Baystate Practice that I've been to, the staff knows me by name and are always very courteous and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Bach and this practice for anyone that wants great medical care and is not just seeking pain medication!

September 21st, 2013
Aviod if your seeking ethical and quality care!!
This Dr. Neil Bach as well as Deerfield Adult Medicine in Whatley, MA is death's waiting room! A patient for over 3 years and I had to change when I kept finding error after error after error in my medical records. Practice manager, acknowledged and said would be corrected. Never did she (Sharon Asher) follow through as discussed in email and in phone conversations. She said she "felt like she was being put in the middle of the issue". As Practice Manager, that is what her job entails. Also this Dr. Bach OVERDOSED me on narcotics. He was ignorant and unwilling to correct his mistake until I went into their office with the phone my attorney, informing them I would hold the accountable if the error was not corrected. 3 hours later, my pain Rx. was REDUCED to the amount I was medically required to manage my pain. They sent my records out for a "pain management" consult, then said I violated my pain management contract when that provider began trying alter. options to treat my pain, besides the narcotics this Dr., was only willing to offer me! Three years, 5 surgeries and I am sicker than when I became their patient. DO NOT TRUST THIS DR., THIS PRACTICE, or the BAYSTATE HEALTH SYSTEM DR. REFERRAL LINE!

July 2nd, 2014