Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon, Internist
676 N Saint Clair St
Ste 1525A
Chicago, IL 60611
312-266-6240
Locations and availability (2)

|  Fabulous Doctor  |  show details
May 18th, 2014

I met Dr. Fine during one of the worst times of my life. I had just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I felt very alone and he put me at ease immediately. It is a few years ago now and I have needed several surgeries and he has been kind, patient and always there for me. I

|  Only Plastic Surgeon for Me  |  show details
by ek on Apr 24th, 2013

Dr. Neil did my face lift just over 10 years ago. I love the job he did and how dealt with me and my husband. I am ready for an update and there is no one else I would even consider. He listens, he is a skilled surgeon, and his office staff is very helpful - everything I look for.

|  Double-chin no more!  |  show details
by Happy Patient! on Apr 7th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Fine and his staff was exemplary. Everyone was friendly and competent. Dr. Fine is a gem! He understood exactly what I wanted: to get rid of my double-chin. He did not (unlike another doctor whom I consulted) suggest additional procedures. His surgery was superb: I look so natural that my friends don't seem to have noticed. That's what I wanted! I can recommend Dr. Fine 100%. Thanks to him, I now look as young as I feel.

|  The Best!!  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2013

I had a previous tummy tuck done by Dr. Fine about 10 years ago and when I was thinking of having implants taken out or replaced (done by another surgeon) he presented me with the option of having a breast lift, which I never had thought about before. He clearly understood my unhappiness with my look and told me I should think about putting off the decision to remove the implants because he thought the lift would fix what I was unhappy with. The results are beyond anything I could imagine. Truly, perfection. He is professional, compassionate, responsive and yet very down to earth. And while I was in recovery and he came back in and was so calming and reassured me that everything went very well. I could not recommend anyone more strongly than I could Dr. Fine. He is truly the best. And his entire staff carry the same qualities. Professional, nice, no pretense. It's not necessary when you do what you do so well.

Nov 23rd, 2011

Dr. Fine is a gifted surgeon! He spent a great deal of time with me discussing my options for breast reconstruction following a mastectomy and was very patient with my questions. He was kind and warm yet very professional during a very difficult discussion. The surgical reconstruction he did was beautiful. I was delighted with the final result. I would highly recommend him to anyone. His physician's assistant and office staff are similarly friendly and patient and are wonderful to work with during an emotional experience.

|  Can't say enough good things....  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

As a BRCA2 mutant gene carrier, I found myself in need of prophylactic mastectomies plus reconstruction to reduce my VERY high percentage breast cancer possibility. After A LOT of research regarding surgeons & plastic surgeons, I found Dr. Fine's office. His practice manager, Barb was my first point of contact. She is such a breath of fresh air compared to all of the other plastic surgeon offices I had been in contact with. She is so welcoming and will work hard to fit your appointments in with your schedule. I had some financial concerns about my surgery and she made sure that aspect should be the least of my worries! After meeting with Dr. Fine and Dr. Schierle to discuss my options, I immediately knew they were the caring and compassionate doctors that I had been searching for. They took time to make sure that I was comfortable with all my options and my final decision. One day, I was at NW Hospital for another doctor appt and just had a couple questions and popped into their office. Barb put me right in a room and Dr. Schierle spent quite a bit of time answering my questions... without an appt! After a 13 hour surgery in April 2011 for double mastectomies and DIEP flap reconstruction, I have nothing but great things to say about Barb, Dr. Fine, Dr. Schierle and their physician's assistant Michelle Grim. I have NEVER been to a more caring doctor's office in my life... and I have been to A LOT of doctor offices. As you can imagine, it is a very tough surgery, and it has been a long three months so far, but I really felt they were right there with me every step of the way. I guarantee you that money is not their primary motivation. When I look in the mirror, I can tell that the doctors really cared about the cosmetic aspects of my surgery. They get an A from me!

|  No Worries  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

Dr. Fine did my breast reconstruction with expanders followed by silicone implants following my (elected preventative)bilaterial mastectomies in 2010. I was feeling very terrible, doomed and nervous in the "sacrafice" I was making to reduce my breast cancer risk. All of that went away after my first consultation with Dr. Fine. I was told he was, "the man to go to for breasts" by all of my doctors and several friends and they couldn't have been more right. Not only did Dr. Fine make me feel calm, comfortable and confident in the work he was to do but he delivered. I have been told by many that the work looks like a "fantastic boob job" rather than a reconstruction. Any tweaks or changes I was interested in during the exchange from expanders to implants, and after the final implants were in place has been taken care of quickly and relatively painlessly. Dr. Fine will to go as far as you want in acheiving the results you desire but he will never suggest any extra work you are not interested in. He's not a seller, he's an artist.Thank you!

by Marcella M. on Oct 12th, 2010

Dr. Fine was factual and honest about all aspects of my surgery. I was told from my friends that he was the best and an artist. I believe that to be true. You took great care with the procedure of removing my arm flaps and extraneous underarm breast tissue after my extreme weight loss. The experience was totally positive and the follow-up helped me understand the healing process, since I had never had plastic surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Fine and his entire practice for their dedication to helping and healing their patients.

|  Exceptional !  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2010

Dr Fine is compassionate, very patient with a calming approach on top of having superb surgical skills. He did my breast reconstruction after bilateral mastectomies and the outcome is excellent - better than the before! He took as much time as needed to be assured my questions were answered. I would highly recommend him.

|  Dr. Fine Has a Calming Effect on You  |  show details
by Janelle Marcuccilli on Jul 11th, 2010

Dr. Fine is the first person to have a calming effect on me. I walked into his office with butterflies in my stomach and walked out calm as could me. He sits close and directly in front of you. His eyes never wander. He always smiles. He listens to what you have to say and let's you talk. He answers all your questions. Best of all, he has magic in fingers and created symmetrical reconstructed breasts.

by Jo Tomey on Mar 10th, 2010

After a masectomy on the right side, Dr. Fine performed reconstruction surgery for me in 1998. I have since moved to Las Vegas and each doctor that has examined me (I have had a lumpectomy in the left breast) is amazed when they see my reconstructed breast. I have been told many times that I have the Rolls Royce of reconstruction, and one doctor even started to examine the breast until I told him that one wasn't real....he was somewhat taken back. Is it just like the other one? No, but close enough. I don't even think about it because I feel so natural. Thank you Dr. Fine for all the hours you spent studying in training. You made my life much better that it would have been otherwise.

|  Great plastic surgeon  |  show details
by KH on Oct 17th, 2009

Dr. Fine fixed my breasts after both (silicone) implants had ruptured. The original doctor who had done the surgery had left me with uneven nipples and really quite awful scarring. Dr. Fine fixed the nipple alignment, revised the scars (I didn't even ask! He just did it) so that they were not even half as bad as they were--he took the time to look through all my breast tissue for loose silicone (as I was very frightened). He was just a great guy--he listened to my (many) worries, he was patient and kind and he did an outstanding job. My implants (done by Dr. Fine [saline]) are now 14 years old and still hanging in there. And they look natural and wonderful. I thank him so much!

Mar 7th, 2009

Dr. Fine is extraordinary. He answers all my questions and his staff is really wonderful too.