Dr. Neil Lava MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 24th, 2016
I WOUD NEVER RECOMEND DR. LAVA
I DROVE FOUR HOURS TO SEE DR. LAVA & I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN A DOCTOR. HE ASKED ME ALOT OF QUESTIONS & TOLD ME I HAD MIGRANE HEADACHES. I HAVE HAD 2 MIGRANES IN MY LIFETIME & I AM 54 YRS OLD. WHEN HE GOT THROUGH ASKING MY QUESTIONS HE TOLD ME I NEEDED AN MRI & THEY WERE BOOKED SO I DROVE FOUR HOURS BACK HOME. HE WAS RUDE & ACTED LIKE I WAS CRAZY. I HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER APPT. FOR MRI SENT RESULTS TO DR. LAVA & HE GOT HIS NURSE TO CALL ME & TELL ME I HAD MIGRANES. HE MAY BE A GOOD DR FOR SOMEONE ELSE BUT HE WAS NOT FOR ME.

November 20th, 2015
Awesome Nerologist
Dr. Lava is a Excellent doctor. I never have to wait and i always seem very important to him. I am not rushed and he seems to actually care.

November 2nd, 2015
Love Dr. Lava
Before I met Dr. Lava, three neurologists "fired" me because my trigemenal neuralgia pain was beyond what they could handle. Dr. Lava knows and understands the pharmacology of drugs and how they work together so he was able to safely get me off a cocktail of drugs that had me dizzy and seeing double and onto a drug that has worked well for me for a number of years. I have referred two other TN friends to Dr. Lava and we all think he is wonderful! He is caring and always responds when I email him through Emory's secure messaging. I wish all of my doctors were as good, kind, and skilled as Dr. Lava.

September 15th, 2015
Went to see Dr. Lava for a diagnosis based on MRI done by other doctor at Emory. He never gave me a diagnosis, had me consult with one of his interns. He recommended on the phone that I see another doctor and was supposed to provide me with a referral. He never did - he blew me off entirely. It was a huge waste of time.

July 18th, 2015
Thank you Dr Lava!

June 29th, 2015
Dr. Lava had his intern do my evaluation. Dr. Lava came in at the end. A few weeks later I called to ask him for a recommendation based on other symptoms and he was supposed to call me back but never did. He was also snarky. Terrible experience.

May 7th, 2015
He sees me for my MS
I've seen Dr. Lava at Emory a half dozen times for my MS. He diagnosed me last year in 2014. He has been helpful and understanding and his office has always been prompt to answer me on any question I have had between my normal visits.

November 26th, 2014
first visit
So glad I saw Dr. Lava. He confirmed my previous physician's diagnosis & will now be my Neurologist. Was worth the 3 mo. wait to see him. So caring & now I'm on the road to great care if this first appt. is an indication. He is sending me for additional tests I have not had before the original diagnosis.

October 10th, 2014
excellent doctor who really cares
such a superior doctor he really knows alot about ms.i used to have him at albany med in upstate ny.we miss him so much.i have never found another doctor like him here again.would trust him with my life.

July 14th, 2014
Clearly most of you had very different experiences than mine. He treated me as being unimportant. He was truly rude. I went for a 2nd opinion but it was wasted effort. He refused to see me w/out the records and leaned heavily upon them. My entire motivation in going for the additional opinion was seeking a Dr. who was capable of objectively forming his own conclusions. Perhaps part of the issue was that my 1st neuro was an Emory grad. I will not return to him. All the credentials mean little when their is little respect given to me as the patient.

June 13th, 2014
Exceptional
I saw Dr Lava as A patient in Albany NY....he was & is the best MS Dr I have ever met. I always felt very confident in his care. He is wonderful & truly wish he was still here in NY. Atlanta you acquired a real gem.

October 20th, 2012
Great Dr. with great bed side manners!
Dr.Lava has been a great help with my daughter. She is 17yrs old and was dx with MS last June. He has always been very concerned with her well being. He is the only Dr. that personally calls us back! He explains everything to her,makes her feel like she is the patient and not me!I would highly recommend him!