Dr. Neil Levitt MD Patient Reviews

2.8
  • 12 reviews

December 29th, 2016
I would see a different Rheumatologist
I was a new patient. Takes along time to get an appointment if your a new patient. Told me one thing but when I requested my medical records he had said something else. Basically made me sound like a hypochondriac and a psyc. patient. I will be finding a new Rheumatologist that actually seems to care not mention they didn't even document my medical records correct.

October 5th, 2015
Avoid at all costs
Never in my life have I met such a rude, condescending, and yet totally ignorant doctor. I'd been seeing one of the other physicians in the office until they left the practice and ended up being handed off to Dr. Levitt. Big mistake. After examining me for a few minutes and asking a couple of questions, Dr. Levitt handed down his diagnosis. This, despite the fact that he was unable to access the test results from my previous visits on his computer. Really, doctor? You're having trouble with your computer, and instead of asking someone for help, you're going to diagnosis autoimmune disease without reviewing the blood tests? Well, you should have asked for help because your "diagnosis" was absolutely, positively incorrect. Even when I told you you were wrong, you insisted I didn't know anything and your gut feeling was right. Ha! A first year med student could have done better. Seriously, do not waste your time with this guy. He's a total jerk that thinks he is way smarter than he is. And btw: several of the reviews (the good ones) are obviously bogus. Nobody would give this guy five stars. Nobody.

September 15th, 2015
Terrible
I have surrounded myself with good doctors for my whole life. I will not add this doctor to that mix. He is abrupt, dismissive, short and thoughtless. I agree with another person who indicated he treated her as if she were clueless. He left me feeling worse than when I started, which is hard to do considering how I've been feeling, and made me feel as though taking steps towards better health was a fishing expedition. On top of that, the staff is do rude I can't believe they have jobs. The women at the front desk are the WORST. I should've held out to see anyone, anywhere else.

May 30th, 2013
great experience
After reading other reviews I was leary. The staff was efficient and courteous. Dr. Levitt was very personable and extremely thorough. I would highly recommend this office

October 31st, 2012
I thought that Dr.Levitt was one of the worst doctors i have ever talked to. He had no idea who i was, even after calling me. Had to say hold on so i can look at you xrays. I had to remind him of our conversation that we had in the office and he had no memory of it. After waiting to see him for over 45 min. and hearing him yell at staff and a sch. problem...makes me think much less of him. Staff was nice but he was rude to them and not helpful during our conversation over the phone.

July 21st, 2012
First time seeing Dr Levitt. His office was recommended by another Dr's office that was not seeing new patients and they were able to get me in on a cancellation. I found the staff very friendly and caring with the other patients. Dr. Levitt listened and did his best (I think) to reassure me.

March 20th, 2012
New patients avoid
Waited 3 week for an appointment, got in early with paper work done at home, took a while to get a room, nurse did not have time to weight me or measure my height, just asked me and told me she did not have time to do it, she had to go somewhere else and before she left questioned my answers. I spent 30 min playing Angry Birds. Nobody even bothered to check on me, while I can hear him talking to one of his regular patients about personal stuff in room next to mine. I had to leave without seeing a doctor. Some of us have to work for a living. I wasted an hour and a half of my work time and $9.00 in gas.

November 28th, 2011
I have had to wait up to 2 hours after the appointment to see the Doctor

August 7th, 2010
Taking Time
I really think he runs behind because he takes time to address questions and concerns. He calls you back when you request him too. He had a calm, gentle manner with me. He was willing to try different treatment options. I think he may be misunderstood, I don't think it is done to upset his patients.

November 26th, 2009
did not get to see the doctor
My appointment was at 2:45, and at 4:00 I was still sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor. The room, I must add, that was obviously used as a utility closet, as it had stacks of blankets and other materials, and had an overflowing garbage can(!). Nobody came in to check on me or to let me know why the doctor was taking so long or when he would come to see me. When I finally walked out of the exam room, the nurse told me that the doctor was in the next room and that he did not know when he would be out. At that point, I left--I think that once a patient waits more than 1/2 hour, it is good practice to let her know what's keeping her doctor. The doctor may be an excellent physician, but his office is obviously very poorly run. Would not recommend it to anyone.

November 24th, 2009
great diagnostician, careful treatment
I was referred to Dr. Levitt by two other physicians. I found him to be knowlegeable, caring and well-versed in treatment options. He also took the time to confer with other doctors I saw.He is terrific.

January 30th, 2009
Dr. Levitt may be an good diagnostician, but he does not treat me as if I am an intelligent human being. He does not take the time to explain my disease, tell me what to expect or answer my questions.