Pediatricians
Video profile
6100 Jacksboro Hwy
Suite B
Fort Worth, TX 76135
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  old patient of his  |  show details
by JD on Oct 18th, 2013

This man was my doctor growing up and never once was there a problem. I always saw him every check up and he even helped when in second grade the nurse gave me problems about the ADHD medication dosage claiming I needed a higher dosage. He was fundamental in getting her fired from her position. He cares for his patients and these reviews really shocked me.

|  This place is ridiculous  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

This clinic over book patients. We have waited anywhere from 45 mins- an hr and 45 mins!! Don't except to be able to make an appointment for the same day if your child is sick and you want to be seen asap. The front desk is very unorganized. They are not warm and makes the office feel un-inviting. The nurses are average, nothing special. I haven't had any bad experiences with them. If they call another patient before you, its because the front desk again, is very unorganized. We've never been seen by Dr. Levy himself, except when my son was born at the hospital. He's usually seen by a practitioner, I believe named Howell. She's decent. He was also seen by a practitioner who's regularly at the lake worth location. I can't remember her name, but she's Indian background I believe. I didn't care for anything she said much. She's religious and jumps quickly to assumptions, which is very unprofessional. Quick tip: once you check in, ask them if you have any paper works because they will give them to you late, which will push your appointment back even further.

|  Awful  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2012

Worst care of my twins ever!

|  long waits & never see the doctor  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2012

I am very unhappy with this doctor. The wait is ususally almost an hour or more. Also, you never get to see him, just his pa or np. You have to get a different appt for well checks, medical refills, and sick visits. He makes you wait a long time to see someone, but if you are a few minutes late, you have to reschedule. If you have a well visit scheduled and are sick then you have to reschedule. Don't waste your time with them. Find a good doctor instead.

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES!  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

First of all out of the 5 times going to this doctor for my daughter, which by the way I had appointments every time, and I would get there at least 15 minutes early, 4/5 times it took more than an hour in the waiting room alone. Do you know how hard it is to make a 6 month old stay still for over an hour??? Especially in that TINY office in hurst. 2nd of all, until I saw this page, I had NO idea whatsoever what Dr. Neil Levy looked like, because he was NEVER at the office and my daughter was NEVER seen by him! She was always seen by a Nurse Practitioner. 3rd of all on our last visit to this doctor, I showed the NP, which I did not know was an NP until after the visit when I called the office to ask questions, anyway, I showed her something on my daughters back that was concerning me, it was a dimple that was pretty deep, she looked at it, got her computer sat there for about 10 minutes, looked up at me and said your daughter has spina-bifida. She told me she would lose control of her legs and become paraplegic, lose control of her bladder, and have fluid on her brain. She did not say it was a possibility, she said SHE HAD IT! She then told me she needed to go have an MRI done before any treatment or anything further could be done. So I became pretty hysterical once I got home and googled the condition and had someone else there to take care of my daughter so she did not seem me become distraught. Anyways I took her to get an MRI the next day, explained to the anesthesiologist what was going on and what the NP had said and she looked at me like I was crazy and said she would do the MRI to relieve my mind but she was 99.9% sure my daughter did in fact NOT have the disease. After the MRI had been read the anesthesiologist told me I might look for another Doctor and go into further investigation with the whole NP situation. I immediately found a new pediatrician for my daughter and would NEVER recommend Dr. Levy to even my worst enemy. Save your time and your money and please find your child a good pediatrician.

|  Wouldnt go anywhere els..  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

I love Dr.Levy he is the best couldn't ask for better care. The staff and doctor really cares about you and your child and about doing what is best for the long haul.. There's no bandaging a situation in this office, I love it..

|  Six years is too long...  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

I've been taking my son to Dr. Levy's office for the past 6 years. The receptionist is super nice but other than that, I've had nothing but problems with this office. You can make an appointment, but you better be ready to sit for about one and a half hours before getting into a room and then another half hour til you're seen by a doctor. Then once the Doctor comes in, (which in the last 6 years, I've only seen Levy himself ONCE), she doesn't make my son feel at ease at all and I don't like that. A doctor should be funny and friendly for a child that is scared to be there in the first place and bored to tears from having to sit and wait for so long. The doctors aren't rude but they definitely aren't friendly or outgoing. I just renewed my son's insurance and decided to change doctors finally. I did a lot of research before deciding on another doctor. I'm hoping that I won't have to deal with the hassles I dealt with for so long at Levy's office. And to the nice receptionist, I will miss you the most!All in all, I think they would be able to manage their wait times better if they would stop scheduling the same time slot to 20 different people and didn't expect each child to only tie up a room for 10 minutes tops. They over schedule big time.

|  terrible & unpersonal  |  show details
by realfacts88 at Citysearch on Mar 29th, 2012 on citysearch.com

i found the wait time to be absolutely ridiculous! i even tried going in a half hour before my appt to get seen on time and they still managed to have us seen 1 after our appt time. they call you into a room in the back and have you waiting there alone with your sick child for long periods of time. i, along with several other parents would step out and ask if someone had forgotten us! in fact, never once did i meet this Dr. levy. no one ever knew us and the nurses had terrible customer service.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Will NEVER go back!  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

After six years of putting up with this doctor I've finally come to my senses and will never take my daughter back to him. Every time I make an appointment it is 1.5 hrs before we get to a room and then usually another 30-45 min. before we are seen. Dr. Levy speaks down to the parents and the children and belittles concerns. The nurse practitioners he employs are not much better. There is one PA at the Lake Worth office that is actually very good. I wish she would move to a different office.

|  I Love Levy Pediatrics  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Levy's office since June and I love them. The office personals are very friendly, courtesy and prrofessional. I am glad that I switched my children doctor to Dr. Levy. I also like the fact the give call reminders on appointments. Dr.Levy do not sugar coat anything with me about my children medication. I like every one in the office. Keep up the great work Dr. Levy and staff.

Nov 11th, 2011

Dr.Levy has no respect for his employees nor does the office manager, Dorman Hill. They talk to the employees like they dont even matter. Someone has to stop this.

|  :(  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

Can i please rate a 1/2 star, actually a big goose egg would be better....Stay away form this place!!

|  Glad I switched...  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

My kids were patients since '06, but over the years I feel they've gotten worse. In four years I've seen Dr. Levy twice, however the nurse practitioners have been great...Except for the last one. She took no steps to make my son feel comfortable and talked to me like I was an idiot. I paid a $25 co-pay for her to tell me he was fine he just had a cold. Mind you, it took an hour on hold to get this appointment in the first place. I was so annoyed I switched doctors....yes, after four years. We went to the new doctor and found out my son had a major sinus infection, the beginning of an ear infection and early symptoms of the flu. I really wanted to love Dr. Levy's office, but I'm so glad we left. I really think they treat patients with Medicaid much better than those who don't have it.

|  Great Doctor, Terrible Staff  |  show details
by Kris on Sep 16th, 2010

Dr. Levy actually was our first doctor for our daughter. He came to the hospital when she was born and was very personable and friendly. We continued to visit his office and saw various nurses, all of whom were very helpful and nice. The office waits didn't bother me too much. I work in the healthcare industry, so I understand waiting for the most part. I noticed the office seemed to have a very high amount of Medicaid patients, which also does not bother me, I'm no better than anyone else. When my daughter was refused a vaccination because they are reserved for Medicaid is basically what made me leave. It's very disappointing because the doctor and nurses were very nice. My wife continued to call to see if they had received the vaccination and after talking to his staff they told us to go to the health department. It wasn't until my wife went to have my daughter's vaccination card filled out that we found out that we are not one of the select few to have the opportunity to receive vaccination reserved for those who have Medicaid. To me this cries out of an incompetent staff and office manager. It's a shame that a good doctor has to be ruined by an inexperienced office manager. So if you are on Medicaid, the red carpet will be rolled out for you, if you pay for insurance like I do, find another doctor.

|  He is ok  |  show details
by Me! on Aug 14th, 2010

HE is between 3 places the two doctors offices he has and the hospital..... i only meet him when i had my baby thats it other then that i see his assistant doc

|  Love It!!!  |  show details
by Angel@heart on Jul 13th, 2010

Been coming here since my children were born my girls are now 3 years old and my son is 7yr. I love it I don't care what people say about them I have never had issues with them. I mean if your nice to them you will be treated nice. However, I feel Dr. Levys office puts up with to many pts that are rude I mean seriously some people either have forgotten there manners or they were brought up with none. I'm just saying some people should really think of how they would like to be treated before they start running there mouth. LEVY PEDIATRICS YOUR AWESOME KEEP UP YOUR HARD WORK!!!

|  outstanding  |  show details
by ft worth mom on Jul 13th, 2010

For the first time i can say,"i am truly impressed and satisfied." Dr. Levy has been my child's pediatrician for a long while. Every visit is always a smooth visit. Thank you Dr. Levy for taking care of my son.

|  He is CRAZY!  |  show details
by Stunned Parent on Jun 28th, 2010

Dr. Levy really went too far today! I took my nephew to his appointment today for an autism diagnosis. We waited for over an hour in the exam room and by this time my 2 year old was beside himself. I couldn't let him play on the floor because there was food on it and used medical equipment and the floor was FILTHY! I finally got desparate and made a laytex glove balloon. He wanted nothing to do with it and threw it on the floor. After a meltdown Dr. Levy comes into the room asks how I am. Then accidentally kicks the little glove balloon. He says to me, "First of all, Don't EVER touch my things. Secondly, you gave your child something very dangerous." I was confused at first not understanding why he was talking to me in that manner so I said, "I'm sorry, I don't understand. What?" He continues, walks closer to me in an already small exam room and says, "I said, Don't ever touch my things." I appologized and offered to buy the box of laytex gloves thinking its because I touched the other gloves or something in the box. He then says, "You are missing the point," Walks within a foot from me looking down at me and continues,"Don't you ever touch my things." I then ask him if I can just get the referral and leave. He proceeds to tell me he doesn't refer patients to specialists because he is an autism specialist. I was stunned. I then ask, "So the only way to get a specialist is if I switch doctors." He then says, "I think that would be best." I then ask him to back up because he still hasn't moved and I am VERY uncomfortable. I ask him again to make sure I was hearing him correctly, "Are you refusing to refer him to a specialists?" He then says, "No. I am not referring him because he is no longer my patient." I ask him to back away so that I can leave. I inch forward where he then turns to the door opens it, goes to the office staff and tells them that my nephew and anyone affiliated with me is no longer his patient. The man is CRAZY. I feel bad because his nursing staff is wonderful. His Nurse practioner with reddish color hair is WONDERFUL. NO person should have to be subjected to this. DISGUSTING behavior. He lied in his add. He was NEVER voted DFW's best pediatrician!

|  Major Changes  |  show details
by Lisa on Jun 23rd, 2010

I was last in about a year ago and when I went in a few weeks ago, the office had undergone a major change. None of the familiar faces were there. But I did get a same day appointment and the nurses and office staff are really nice not like the previous nurses and the rude older lady. I was even able to see Dr. Levy. I used to wait at least an hour to get in a room but the wait time was cut to about 15 minutes in the lobby and about 15 minutes to see the doctor and I very pleased with the changes. One parent in the lobby said she was happy with the changes as well. I hope the clinic continues to keep up the good work so I can keep coming here.

|  worthless  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 25th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

the office staff is rude. i sat with my daughter waiting to get a well check for 3 hours before i was seen. this place is ridiculous. never ...

|  First time Visit  |  show details
by Heather on Apr 27th, 2010

I was a little apprensive about my first visit to Dr. Levy's office after reading the reviews but it actually went very smoothly. The staff were professional and friendly. Dr. Levy took plenty of time with my daughter. He answered all of our questions and had a good bedside manner. The only thing I wish he would have done was when he was examing my daughter I would have preferred that he explain what he was doing while he was doing it just to help put her at ease. I knew what he was doing but she is only 10 and I could tell she was a little nervous. Overall I thought the visit was great.

|  Never met him...  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2010

I never met Dr. Levy, I met his PA and she was very nice, I didn't like the fact that everytime I had an appointment I sat in the waiting room for over and hour and then when we finally did go back to the room we would sit there for at least thirty minutes, anyway, I wouldn't recommend this doctors office to anybody....

|  Don't walk... please run from dr. levy  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2009

My overall experience was horrible. I can't believe that this man is still in practice. Because of him my son is having surgery next month at the age of 10 months. He is horrible and has caused my family much pain. Please do not take your babies or children to this man. He needs to have his business checked and his license taken away.

by neveruseLEVY on Mar 6th, 2009 on yahoo.com

This place is a nightmare. I have not taken my son here since 2006 but I would not recommend him to anyone. One time they had no room inside so we waited outside in the hallway well, they forgot we were there and we went in at 8am and got out at 4:30pm. When my son was really sick and had a fever of 104.9 we called in the middle of the night to have him call us back, well we never got a call back and took our son to ER and never took him back to Levy. We did finally get a call back but he was very rude!!!

|  Long Waiting room wait  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 8th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Appointment was schedule for 245pm it`s almost 5pm and we haven`t even gotten our brand new baby past the waiting room where even the well...

by concernedmom on Jan 2nd, 2009 on yahoo.com

Absolutely horrible! I'm so glad that I don't take my child to Dr Levy's office anymore. Your estimated wait time with your child is about an hour after your appointment...sometimes more. The office help never shows up ontime. They open at 8am, but don't turn on their lobby lights until after 830...and we had an 815 appt! DO NOT take your child to this office!

by TH90 on Dec 26th, 2008 on yahoo.com

DITO to much of the other reviews and add to that he missed all the signs of major liver failure. In all fairness he did eventually catch on. But it did go on a while before he caught it.

|  Good doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 28th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Levy is a great doctor, and the nurses are always available to spend as much time as you need to answer questions. However, we have nev...

by maegan0818 on Nov 14th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Horrible experience. Please do not waste your time taking your children to him, or his partner (I'm not sure what her name is but she is horrible as well)||Very Very Rude|Doesn't care about the health of my newborn!|Doesn't have the time to answer questions!|He seems like the kind of guy that just wants to burn and turn his patients!||Sorry so harsh, but I would hate for somebody to send their baby to him. Just read more reviews...not a single positive one.

Aug 5th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I had a terrible experience with Dr Levy, he was rude to me and extremely rude to his assistant. His office was overbooked, crowded and I would not recommend anyone to take their children there.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  rude staff  |  show details
by Deborah Williams on May 28th, 2008

We also had problems with the staff getting medical records. We were given the run around for months until I had to have a blow-up with the o/m. We are still having problems with our bill. We have TWO insurances and cannot get anyone to file with both of them. I have tried emails and phone calls. All I get is another bill. You would think the practice would like to get paid,

Feb 18th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I took my daughter to this man for a checkup. She was 8 years old and a little bit chunky, nothing to worry about. He asked me how she eats. I told him pretty well. he then asked me "Well does she ever eat McDonald's?" He then proceeded to tell her she ne

Jan 23rd, 2007 on yahoo.com

Very Unprofessional!!! Dont waste your time!: This is most unprofessional Dr.s Office! Long wait times with sick infants and people are not called back in time order, never once seen the dr in a 2 yr period. Staff is rude and they dont seem concerned with