Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
by Bobbi F on May 19th, 2013

Amazing surgeon. Saved my life after months of misdiagnosis by other doctors. I'm in best shape I have been in for years with my hip replacement.

|  From a Canadian Visitor  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

I fell and broke my femur (for the second time!) while my husband and I were on vacation in Arizona. Dr. Motzkin was in charge of my surgery and he was great. He answered any and all questions my husband and I had to ask. He was caring and kind, visiting me every day in the hospital. He came out to see my husband immediately after surgery and discussed the procedure we had decided upon, which was to insert a titanium plate along the entire length of the broken bone and still retain the original prothesis (originally installed in Canada). When I returned to Canada, friends in the medical profession remarked at the skill, precision and careful closing of my incisions. My surgeon here at home stated that a wonderful job had been done.

|  TOP ORTHOPEDIC DR. IN ARIZONA  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

I HAD A FALL ON A KNEE I HAD REPLACED TWO YEARS PRIOR. THE KNEE PROTHESIS WAS PUSHED UP INTO MY FEMUR CAUSING A FRACTURE. THERE WAS TALK IN THE ER THAT MY LEG WOULD PROBABLY BE AMPUTATED BECAUSE OF THE SERIOUS FRACTURE. NOT ONE DR THOUGHT IT COULD BE REPAIRED, EXCEPT DR MOTZKIN. HE DID A BONE GRAFT AND USED AN ELECTRICAL STIMULATOR TO INCREASE BONE GROWTH. IT WORKED AND TODAY I HAVE MY LEG. I WOULD RECOMMEND DR MOTZKIN TO EVERYONE I MEET. ONE OF THE VERY BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS AROUND. I WORK IN A HOSPITAL AND KNOW OF MANY ORTHO DR'S BUT HE HAS 5 STARS AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.

|  Dream Doc....where were you when?.glad we have you now  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

This Doctor is a heaven sent.He is the best we've ever encountered among a host of great docs on the list. In fact he is a runaway best!A very close, dear relative who is a bit skittish of these dedicated professionals, needed to go under the knife twice recently within a couple weeks, and Dr. Motzkin put her at ease at once. I have never seen such model like bedside manner, along with the other sheer magic he doles out, and it is all genuine and caring to the max.He is very thorough and more so in the O.R. I'm baffled by his mystique. What a great guy! This is what a doctor should exude...and here I was thinking, gone are the days and docs that cast their spell on you. Before you knew it you were all good and ready for the gym in record time.Needless to say,my relative is ecstatic and he comes up in every conversation as a "diamond in the rough". Our family can't think of consulting anyone else or throwing ourselves at anyone else's mercy when needed. Good luck to him and his wonderful staff! We're squarely behind you guys....you are simply awesome! If it sound too good to be true, then that's exactly how highly we regard him. Thank you,thank you ,thank you!

|  wonderful doctor  |  show details
by cal on Aug 10th, 2010

i first met dr motzkin in the emergency when my ankle was broken. I went back to him when i needed a hip replacemet because of his expertise, ability to explain the procedure, and caring manner. I was again so pleased. Dr Motzkin visited me everyday I was in the hospital and always answered my questions. I would always return to him for any further surgeries.