Dr. Neil Nathan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Neil Nathan?

Great doctor

Posted on May 20th, 2016

Fist of all, he was kind and wellcoming, so a good first impression. Then after some staggering attemps from me to explain the three years of dramatic illness I'd been thru, he help out so much. At the end I think I almost spent three hours there, but by that time although my head was overwhelmed from all the information I received, but the message was clear: this can be fixed, if we are patient. Every time I had any complication he stepped in and modified my treatment slightly, so it would be controllable. We managed on good clinical suspicions and some confirming test to get a more accurate diagnosis and rule out other things. During the time since I left the clinic he's been great with prompt responses to email with concrete suggestions. He works in a different way, is so knowledgeable about so many things but unlike many doctors he knows to apply this knowledge to help his patients. Very progressive and still very good at the normal medical stuff which can often arise as a complication to treatment. And he's honest, if he felt he couldn't help he would have said so. Great doctor, great person. He's even doing a free radio show on alternative approaches to various issues which can be very helpful! 5/5 from me!

Posted on January 18th, 2015

He delivered my baby. Ethan Krolick who is 37 yrs old. Thanks. Wow, Patti Oglietti

We love Dr. Nathan

Posted on November 9th, 2013

A truly brilliant man. Thank goodness for him and his willingness to not give up on chronically ill people. So many doctors just can't wrap their heads around digging in and figuring it out.

I've never known a more highly intelligent, dedicated, caring doctor

Posted on September 25th, 2012

There are not enough superlatives to describe Dr Nathan. My only regret is that after he had been my mainstay through half a dozen years of my very rocky health, he left my area of the country to take his present position in California, so I have been at a loss since then. But I am grateful to have been his patient for the years that I did, because he literally saved my life several times. When he was in my city, he specialized in chronic conditions-- he would laugh and say he liked being the one you come to when the others have given up. (I think that his sense of humor may be what I miss most; he could make a person laugh in the direst of straits.) I had just been diagnosed with a chronic, lifelong condition that I didn't understand how to manage, and as a result I also had built up a lot of anxiety by the time I had my first office visit with him. The doctor who had diagnosed me had literally told me what was making me feel so sick and then had shoved a stack of printouts off the web at me and said, just follow what they say here, and had walked out. I never returned to that doctor. What a surprise to find Dr Nathan, who literally would sit and talk with me as long as was needed. I have never known anybody to listen as well as he does and to take seriously whatever I took the time to say. He helped me understand the condition and the ways to deal with it through nutrition (to such an extent that I am symptom-free now), and he found the right medication to set right the chemical reactions that had overloaded me with anxiety and panic. Just for that I have so much to be grateful to him for.But, while I first became his patient because of this chronic condition, I actually began to get sicker and sicker because my immune system became so compromised. Dr Nathan recognized some symptoms of Lyme and had me tested, though I'd never even seen a tick on me, and the tests showed not only Lyme but several other tick-borne diseases, as well. It was as if my system had no defenses, and one condition after another began to develop in me. As all this developed, Dr Nathan kept carefully putting the puzzle pieces together to try to find the root cause. Ultimatelly, he had us bring in a mold specialist to our home, who found an enormous amount of black mold and a couple of other highly toxic molds where we had no idea they were lurking--behind walls and ceilings and all sorts of places we couldn't see. At this point, the mold toxins had attacked me to the extent that I ended up hospitalized for two weeks, but I know that, had Dr Nathan not been treating me even when we didn't know it was mold, and had he not divined what actually WAS wrong, I would have been dead by the time anybody did discover the mold. Oddly, similar circumstances also showed up among several others of his established patients, and it's his response to all this is what makes him so truly remarkable. Once it was clear that mold toxins were the culprits, he began to take on the task of becoming as well-versed in mold toxemia as in the other specialties. He read and researched and traveled to conferences; he even spent several weeks observing and assisting possibly the best mold specialist in the country. He did all this until he made THAT a specialty, too, and then he began to work with some of the most internationally renowned specialists in their fields to develop treatments for mold toxins but also for the chronic conditions that can be left over from a major exposure to mold or any other kind of environmental toxin.When he laughs and says he likes being the one that comes in after the others have given up, I suppose he is stating something of a truth, in that he does seem to love a challenge. However, it is so clear that what he does love most is people. Serving humanity with everything he's got to give, always learning more so as to be able to give more-- he really is that dedicated. Go read his book, "On Hope and Healing: For Those Who have Fallen Through the Medical Cracks," and you'll have a sense of his intelligence and dedication. All I know to say, in sum, is that I would certainly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a doctor to treat something in his large array of specialties. I would not only recommend him to you but envy you the experience and the geographic proximity or ability to go to his clinic for a prolonged time. There just isn't anybody in the world like him, and I'm blessed to have been his patient for even the few years that I was.

Posted on April 17th, 2016