Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
110 Hospital Rd
Ste 112
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
410-535-4000
Locations and availability (11)

3.0

• Currently 3.2045454545455 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  TAH/BSO - for cancer  |  show details
by BK on May 20th, 2014

I really like Dr. Rosenshein. I got in to see him after my regular gynecologist found cancer in my uterus. She referred me to Dr. Rosenshein as he is an expert in gynecological oncology. I got an appointment very quickly; he answered all my questions about my anticipated surgery which was done within a short time of my initial appointment. All follow-up appointments went smoothly and he addressed all my questions and concerns to my satisfaction. I would recommend him for any uterine cancer patient.

|  Worst customer service ever  |  show details
by Honey on Dec 11th, 2013

My doctor referred me to this DR and I went. He told me to call him after MRI to know whats up? When I did call him was told must speak to his nurse, oh boy, trouble in paradise, this nurse is the worst ever. Left messages after messages, no courtesy call to me yet as of today. I never experienced something like this before. And oh yes just remembered when Dr. was examining me he was so rough and did not even tell me what he is doing. I found that to be very rude. I would not recommend him to anyone who cares of her life. Run girls from this monster, all he cares about is money. No compassionate or caring, uh um why did you became a doctor again?

|  Unfriendly, does not listen  |  show details
by Anonymous on Aug 31st, 2013

I know that Dr. Rosenshein may be considered the best. There ate other doctors that are more compassionate. Seems like he has to show his ego with his patients. Not necessary. A good doctor is suppose to be caring. I think he has too many offices . How can he be efficient . He isn't , seems to me he gets you in. Then hurries to get you out of his office. I've been seeing him for a long time. He did at one time take more time with patients. Well that's passé. It makes you wonder if he just wants that constant patient for money. Well Dr I'm I've been told is a better physician. He listens and you don't get rushed. I may be going to him next. Dr rosenshein can come across rude at times. He doesn't give you a chance to ask a question. When u do. He doesn't give you an exact answer. That of course is not good enough. My health is important. As all his other patients are also. I do not recommend him.

|  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Rosenshein was wonderful! I found him highly competent, kind, and caring, with a little sense of humor thrown in : ) He has been thorough from start to finish, and apologized when he hurt me (a little) during my vaginal exam. He is quick to give a hug and words of encouragement, and did a super job on my hysterectomy, which saved my life. Definitely love him.

|  Kindness personified  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2012

My husband and I could not be more pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Rosenshine.

|  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

I owe my life to Dr. Rosenshein. He performed (emergency) surgery on a Sunday and removed my hemorrhaging ovarian tumors. A good doctor is worth the wait in a waiting room of cancer patients. He is great. He has a caring staff and wonderful nurse navigator who has guided me through pre and post surgerical anxieties.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2011

Dr.Rosenshein was approachable and went above and beyond for me. I owe my life to him. He removed a 32 lbs tumor from my ovary and I had complications after but he dealt with it all and saved me.

|  I think he's a very good doctor  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2010

I'm still trying to sort out my feelings about Dr. Rosenshein. I think he's excellent medically--a litte odd with regard to communication. He diagnosed me and did my surgery. Everything played out exactly as he said it would. I have very little pain and am healing quickly. I think I was in very capable and competant hands--and overall that's what' important, isnt it?He got me in right away--I didn't have to wait months but I was a experiencing some pain--he reviewed my records and I saw him the next day. So he's responsive to need.He may have a dry sense of humor--that's mistaken for ego. I thought I picked up the ego as others have mentioned, but I also at times found him very caring. I think he's someone you have to get used to. I have a friend who is very scrutinizing - who had cancer--she thinks he saved her life and she thinks he has a wonderful bedside manner. His staff likes him. As I sat in the waiting area for well over 2 hours for my appt--I listened to all the patients talk because they were also waiting that long--no one was complaining. Everyone was saying --he's the best. One woman said I've been coming since 1989 and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Another woman said I used to work for him--there is noone better. My primary dr--who I've been to for over 20 years recommended him to me--and he said the Dr's respect him also. I also felt he was very busy--and that he barely had time to hear to me. Maybe it was just that he heard what he needed and didn't have time to cottle....I have to say, I want to stick around regardless: I think he's good.

|  Dont Go!  |  show details
by Disgusted in Baltimore on Oct 7th, 2010

My mothers primary oncologist referred us for a consult. I was horrified at the manner in which he treated my mother as if she wasnt worth his time and that she simply need to realize she was going to die and not to waste his time. He did not even really talk to us he gave us the information by way of dictating a letter to our oncologist and then indignantly shooing off my mother as she tried to ask questions. Then, as we sat there crying he got up and rolled her wheel chair out of the doornot even giving us some time to gather ourselves. No one should have to endure this type of treatment from a doctor. I will say that on the other end of the spectrum his partner, Dr. Ryu, is wonderful, caring and knowledgeable.

|  Definitely egotistical and old-fashioned, but surgically good  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

I believe Dr. Rosenschein may be well-liked by those who like an old-fashioned, paternalistic, doctor-is-god attitude. He addressed me as a new patient by my first name, while calling himself Dr. Rosenschein. I immediately corrected him and he was polite afterward. He claimed not to have looked at my records although I was there on a consult, and insisted on an uncomfortably rough exam despite my having had a thorough exam by my own doctor. Was it just to be able to charge for it? I don't know. However, the most aggravating thing was his trying to insist on having my surgery done his way, although he was there as first assistant, not as my surgeon, only in case cancer was found. He had an unnecessary amount of shaving done--something I feel is deliberately humiliating to women--and told me I'd have a vertical incision. Not his call, and my doctor had promised me horizontal, which thank goodness is what was done. However, my doctor says there is no one better in cancer surgery, so it is worth putting up with the attitude if that's the surgery you need. Just be clear about having him respect you and challenge decisions if you feel they are unwarranted.

|  unit assistnt  |  show details
by Barb on Jun 18th, 2010

I worked with Dr. Rosenshein. He was efficient, courteous, very knowledgeable and confident. He was very good to work with/for and was always available for our needs for the patients. Enjoyed working with him very much.

|  injury by him  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2010

i thought he was a good dr until he injury me and has not acknowledge it and charge my insurance company for the bill

|  Fibroid Surgery  |  show details
by Natasha Gibson on May 28th, 2010

I met with Dr. Rosenshein for a consultation for fibroids in Sept. of 2009. The first thing you notice is how professional the staff is, they were all outfitted with matching t shirts, very professional and uniformed look. I met with Dr. Rosenshein who embraced me with open arms. After my exam, he determined that he would offer me a (supra cervical hyterectomy), partial hysterectomy as my best option. The pain was minimal after surgery, and the Doctor with there when I was awakened and the next two days in the hospital as well. Mercy Medical Center took very good care of me during my stay as well. Its been 9 mos. since my surgery, there is a bikini line scar of 3inches that is almost none visiable. I'm 37 years old, and now I'm pain free and best of all no periods without the issue of early menapause.

|  world class surgeon & man  |  show details
by dcm on May 26th, 2010

definitive.......his work is as natural asbreathing....6hr surgery...he saved my lifeand new from the start there was no malignancy

|  Dr. Rosenshein  |  show details
by Wanda Riggle on Sep 10th, 2009

Dr.Rosenshein,aside from being a gifted, knowledgeable physician,has a special understanding of people. He loves his work and he cares deeply about the welfare of his patients.

|  HE NEEDS TO LISTEN AND SHOW A LIITTLE KINDNESS  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2009

HE MAY BE THE GREATEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD BUT HE DOESN'T LISTEN AND BEING A GREAT DOCTOR DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TOO BE RUDE AND INSENSITIVE. A LITTLE KINDNESS, A LITTLE SMILE, AND BEING A LITTLE HUMAN DOES NOT HURT.

|  A long wait, but well worth it!!  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2009

Yes, you do have to wait a long time to see Dr. Rosenshein. But that is because he spends time listening and talking to every patient. I will gladly wait however long to see him, as I realize how important patience and compassion is, not just with me, but every single patient. Dr. Rosenshein is an extremely skilled surgeon, and a wonderful person.

|  A Doctor who cares about his ego over his patients  |  show details
by anonymous on Aug 20th, 2008

I went to Dr. Rosenshein for a long time and finally had to leave, he was impossible to get an apointment with and he does not care about his patients, how can a person be chief of staff at three hospitals and give anyone any quality of care. He never answered my questions and I felt like a number in his office. He was a very tempermental person and I agree with the other lady who said he does not live up to his reputation. He has a ego which constantly needs to be feed and he goes where the buck is. He may get alot of awards for his work but it is all alot of bull.

|  best doctor ever!  |  show details
by las on Jul 16th, 2008

Dr Rosenshein is an excellent physician. He is a top notch surgeon and his follow up and bedside manner are exceptional. He is the best!

|  Wonderful Experience  |  show details
by Carolyn Hawes, Charlestown, WV on Jun 16th, 2008

My surgery and aftercare with Dr. Rosenshein and his staff was wonderful. A wonderful group of people. I would recommend them to anyone.

|  horrible experience, rude, and insensitive  |  show details
May 21st, 2008

after driving over an hour to see Dr. Rosenshein, I found him aloof, rude and old fashioned. If you are uneducated and can't read he will give you a kindergarten picture of your health. He did not answer questions with any degree of value add. Very insensitive. Very disappointing. His credentials do NOT match the man. Sorry...my experience, my opinion.

|  I love this doctor  |  show details
May 8th, 2008

Dr. Rosenshein is not only a excellent diagnostician but a kind, compassionate doctor, as well. When I was very ill after surgery, he actually came to my home to check on me! You may have to wait a long time in his waiting room before your appointment but he's worth the wait!