Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Could behave better with frightened patients show details Could behave better with frightened patients
Aug 18th, 2016

Laughed freqently at first visit related to possible cancer. Would have gone to someone else if there was anyone else available in the short time in which a biopsy was needed. Was reassuring after procedure in hospital.

by Joyce Sine on Jul 26th, 2016

All around the best doctor. There isn't one thing bad I could say about this doctor.

by Marjorie Miles on May 15th, 2016

Dr. Rosenshein was my doctor when I had my hysterectory. The next day he sent me roses - this was truly a WOW factor. He and his staff were very attentive to my needs. Everytime I have been to his office his staff is as attentive as he is taking care to absolutely "see me". Thank you all for adding that personal touch. You are much appreciated.

by Janet Durbin on Apr 15th, 2016

I have been so pleased with my treatment from Dr Rosenshein. He has made my life worth living again. I have been diagnosed with cancer and was very frightened. When I visit with Dr Rosenshein he calm my fears perform a hysterectomy and I am Cancer free for 5 years. I would recommend him to anyone who needs surgery. His professional but friendly attitude has always made me feel secure in all my visit. I wish there were more doctors like him. My highest recommendation for this dear man. He is truly exceptional.

Dr show details Dr
by Fowzia Taqi on Mar 5th, 2016

Dr Rosenshein has been my Dr for 34 years He is like family, compassionate ,friendly , an expert in his field and I feel like I am his only patient

Dr. Rosenshein - the best doc I know show details Dr. Rosenshein - the best doc I know
by Janet H., RN, MS, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Adult Mental Health, JHBMC, retired on Jan 5th, 2016

Dr. Rosenshein is the most knowledgeable, prestigious, caring, finest doctor you will find! I know. I worked with Neil at Johns Hopkins Hospital as a staff RN many years ago. He was an excellent diagnostician then and rose to the ranks very quickly admired by his fellow MDs, his patients and all who worked with him. He has been my Gyn doc since day 1 and I see him for my yearly checkup. Fortunately, I have been in good health, but I wouldn't go to anyone but Neil for my checkups and care ever, he's the best!!

Hysterectomy for Fibroid show details Hysterectomy for Fibroid
by Charlotte on Dec 16th, 2015

Amazing bedside manner . He has a great depth of surgical experience and that is why I choose him to do my surgery. I also knew that I needed a compassionate surgeon. He is a very good listener and takes time with each patient to answer all of their questions. That means the wait might be longer but well worth it. His Annapolis staff is great.

Nov 11th, 2015

He is an awesome Doctor. He fixed what other doctors wouldn't.

Aug 28th, 2015

Horrible bedside manner. I have pelvic floor dysfunction and my muscle contract against my will. I told the doctor about my condition. He ignored me and was rough with me. He yelled at me to relax and I told him I was trying. He didn't use lubrication and then yelled at me to relax or he would stop the procedure in the middle of my biopsy. He is the absolute worst.

by Elizabeth Polanowski on Jun 18th, 2015

excellent physician

Great if you don't mind the wait! show details Great if you don't mind the wait!
by Tanya Brown on Dec 12th, 2014

I absolutely love Dr. Rosenshein! The price you pay is the extremely long wait.

TAH/BSO - for cancer show details TAH/BSO - for cancer
by BK on May 20th, 2014

I really like Dr. Rosenshein. I got in to see him after my regular gynecologist found cancer in my uterus. She referred me to Dr. Rosenshein as he is an expert in gynecological oncology. I got an appointment very quickly; he answered all my questions about my anticipated surgery which was done within a short time of my initial appointment. All follow-up appointments went smoothly and he addressed all my questions and concerns to my satisfaction. I would recommend him for any uterine cancer patient.

Worst customer service ever show details Worst customer service ever
by Honey on Dec 11th, 2013

My doctor referred me to this DR and I went. He told me to call him after MRI to know whats up? When I did call him was told must speak to his nurse, oh boy, trouble in paradise, this nurse is the worst ever. Left messages after messages, no courtesy call to me yet as of today. I never experienced something like this before. And oh yes just remembered when Dr. was examining me he was so rough and did not even tell me what he is doing. I found that to be very rude. I would not recommend him to anyone who cares of her life. Run girls from this monster, all he cares about is money. No compassionate or caring, uh um why did you became a doctor again?

Unfriendly, does not listen show details Unfriendly, does not listen
by Anonymous on Aug 31st, 2013

I know that Dr. Rosenshein may be considered the best. There ate other doctors that are more compassionate. Seems like he has to show his ego with his patients. Not necessary. A good doctor is suppose to be caring. I think he has too many offices . How can he be efficient . He isn't , seems to me he gets you in. Then hurries to get you out of his office. I've been seeing him for a long time. He did at one time take more time with patients. Well that's passé. It makes you wonder if he just wants that constant patient for money. Well Dr I'm I've been told is a better physician. He listens and you don't get rushed. I may be going to him next. Dr rosenshein can come across rude at times. He doesn't give you a chance to ask a question. When u do. He doesn't give you an exact answer. That of course is not good enough. My health is important. As all his other patients are also. I do not recommend him.

Aug 10th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Rosenshein was wonderful! I found him highly competent, kind, and caring, with a little sense of humor thrown in : ) He has been thorough from start to finish, and apologized when he hurt me (a little) during my vaginal exam. He is quick to give a hug and words of encouragement, and did a super job on my hysterectomy, which saved my life. Definitely love him.

Kindness personified show details Kindness personified
Apr 7th, 2012

My husband and I could not be more pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Rosenshine.

Mar 26th, 2012

I owe my life to Dr. Rosenshein. He performed (emergency) surgery on a Sunday and removed my hemorrhaging ovarian tumors. A good doctor is worth the wait in a waiting room of cancer patients. He is great. He has a caring staff and wonderful nurse navigator who has guided me through pre and post surgerical anxieties.

Amazing show details Amazing
Apr 2nd, 2011

Dr.Rosenshein was approachable and went above and beyond for me. I owe my life to him. He removed a 32 lbs tumor from my ovary and I had complications after but he dealt with it all and saved me.

I think he's a very good doctor show details I think he's a very good doctor
Nov 22nd, 2010

I'm still trying to sort out my feelings about Dr. Rosenshein. I think he's excellent medically--a litte odd with regard to communication. He diagnosed me and did my surgery. Everything played out exactly as he said it would. I have very little pain and am healing quickly. I think I was in very capable and competant hands--and overall that's what' important, isnt it?He got me in right away--I didn't have to wait months but I was a experiencing some pain--he reviewed my records and I saw him the next day. So he's responsive to need.He may have a dry sense of humor--that's mistaken for ego. I thought I picked up the ego as others have mentioned, but I also at times found him very caring. I think he's someone you have to get used to. I have a friend who is very scrutinizing - who had cancer--she thinks he saved her life and she thinks he has a wonderful bedside manner. His staff likes him. As I sat in the waiting area for well over 2 hours for my appt--I listened to all the patients talk because they were also waiting that long--no one was complaining. Everyone was saying --he's the best. One woman said I've been coming since 1989 and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Another woman said I used to work for him--there is noone better. My primary dr--who I've been to for over 20 years recommended him to me--and he said the Dr's respect him also. I also felt he was very busy--and that he barely had time to hear to me. Maybe it was just that he heard what he needed and didn't have time to cottle....I have to say, I want to stick around regardless: I think he's good.

Definitely egotistical and old-fashioned, but surgically good show details Definitely egotistical and old-fashioned, but surgically good
Jun 29th, 2010

I believe Dr. Rosenschein may be well-liked by those who like an old-fashioned, paternalistic, doctor-is-god attitude. He addressed me as a new patient by my first name, while calling himself Dr. Rosenschein. I immediately corrected him and he was polite afterward. He claimed not to have looked at my records although I was there on a consult, and insisted on an uncomfortably rough exam despite my having had a thorough exam by my own doctor. Was it just to be able to charge for it? I don't know. However, the most aggravating thing was his trying to insist on having my surgery done his way, although he was there as first assistant, not as my surgeon, only in case cancer was found. He had an unnecessary amount of shaving done--something I feel is deliberately humiliating to women--and told me I'd have a vertical incision. Not his call, and my doctor had promised me horizontal, which thank goodness is what was done. However, my doctor says there is no one better in cancer surgery, so it is worth putting up with the attitude if that's the surgery you need. Just be clear about having him respect you and challenge decisions if you feel they are unwarranted.

unit assistnt show details unit assistnt
by Barb on Jun 18th, 2010

I worked with Dr. Rosenshein. He was efficient, courteous, very knowledgeable and confident. He was very good to work with/for and was always available for our needs for the patients. Enjoyed working with him very much.

injury by him show details injury by him
Jun 2nd, 2010

i thought he was a good dr until he injury me and has not acknowledge it and charge my insurance company for the bill

world class surgeon & man show details world class surgeon & man
by dcm on May 26th, 2010

definitive.......his work is as natural asbreathing....6hr surgery...he saved my lifeand new from the start there was no malignancy

Dr. Rosenshein show details Dr. Rosenshein
by Wanda Riggle on Sep 10th, 2009

Dr.Rosenshein,aside from being a gifted, knowledgeable physician,has a special understanding of people. He loves his work and he cares deeply about the welfare of his patients.

HE NEEDS TO LISTEN AND SHOW A LIITTLE KINDNESS show details HE NEEDS TO LISTEN AND SHOW A LIITTLE KINDNESS
Jul 6th, 2009

HE MAY BE THE GREATEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD BUT HE DOESN'T LISTEN AND BEING A GREAT DOCTOR DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TOO BE RUDE AND INSENSITIVE. A LITTLE KINDNESS, A LITTLE SMILE, AND BEING A LITTLE HUMAN DOES NOT HURT.

A long wait, but well worth it!! show details A long wait, but well worth it!!
Jan 1st, 2009

Yes, you do have to wait a long time to see Dr. Rosenshein. But that is because he spends time listening and talking to every patient. I will gladly wait however long to see him, as I realize how important patience and compassion is, not just with me, but every single patient. Dr. Rosenshein is an extremely skilled surgeon, and a wonderful person.

A Doctor who cares about his ego over his patients show details A Doctor who cares about his ego over his patients
by anonymous on Aug 20th, 2008

I went to Dr. Rosenshein for a long time and finally had to leave, he was impossible to get an apointment with and he does not care about his patients, how can a person be chief of staff at three hospitals and give anyone any quality of care. He never answered my questions and I felt like a number in his office. He was a very tempermental person and I agree with the other lady who said he does not live up to his reputation. He has a ego which constantly needs to be feed and he goes where the buck is. He may get alot of awards for his work but it is all alot of bull.

best doctor ever! show details best doctor ever!
by las on Jul 16th, 2008

Dr Rosenshein is an excellent physician. He is a top notch surgeon and his follow up and bedside manner are exceptional. He is the best!

Wonderful Experience show details Wonderful Experience
by Carolyn Hawes, Charlestown, WV on Jun 16th, 2008

My surgery and aftercare with Dr. Rosenshein and his staff was wonderful. A wonderful group of people. I would recommend them to anyone.

horrible experience, rude, and insensitive show details horrible experience, rude, and insensitive
May 21st, 2008

after driving over an hour to see Dr. Rosenshein, I found him aloof, rude and old fashioned. If you are uneducated and can't read he will give you a kindergarten picture of your health. He did not answer questions with any degree of value add. Very insensitive. Very disappointing. His credentials do NOT match the man. Sorry...my experience, my opinion.

I love this doctor show details I love this doctor
May 8th, 2008

Dr. Rosenshein is not only a excellent diagnostician but a kind, compassionate doctor, as well. When I was very ill after surgery, he actually came to my home to check on me! You may have to wait a long time in his waiting room before your appointment but he's worth the wait!