Dr. Neil Roundy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Neil Roundy?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2017

Great Attention To Detail with Myself And My Wife.

June 10th, 2015

The absolute best Dr you will ever find

After 3 failed back surgeries within a 30 month span at 31 years old and suffering with pain each and everyday. Dr Roundy reached out to me through mutual friends after hearing my story and offered completely selfless advice or answer any questions I may have to help me out. He then sat down with my wife and I and after 20 min explained to me in depth more about each of my prior 3 surgeries step by step and possible reasons they may or may not have failed. You could tell the whole time he was looking for nothing out of this meeting other than lending valuable knowledge only few people have and lend it to me to help ease my frustrations and answer all my what if, how come or why am I still feeling like I did prior to surgery number 1. We both left that visit with not only a greater understanding of everything that I had went through, but a great respect for professional at his level to be so gracious to try and simply help out someone he had never even met before. I had no doubt if there would be a 4th surgery he would and was the only Dr I would ever consider to have do it. A few moths later for some unknown reason my insurance denied an MRI and cat scan 18 months post a failed lumbar fusion Roundy had ordered and he personally called them and within 20 min had it approved for me. Now dr at any level has taken that kind of time ever to do anything remotely close to that for me. Sure enough the MRI and cat scan show the fusion and yet to even start and Dr Roundy confidently explained to me his plan to make sure this would be my last trip to an operating table and I could finally move on with my life and enjoy my 3 year old twins that only 1 month after there birth was my 1st surgery. They have only known a dad that was in constant pain and unable to drive, lift or roll around on the forums to play with them. After a couple years when you start to notice those questions are slowly coming up anymore is when my frustration really began to hit me. I don't like living in pain by any means, but the last thing I ever wanted was to deflect or cause any pain to either of my kids or my wife that had to go back to work full time and basically come home to be a single mother of two while only a shell of her once happy healthy husband who loved all things outdoors and could not wait to have a family and be the father I was so eager to finally have the chance to become laid miserable in the bedroom asleep or unable to sleep because the fear of my legs going numb got into my head so badly I literally tortured myself totally unintentionally into sleep deprivations a couple of times a month. My brain told my body without me having a say that that numbness and legs feeling like either fire or knives poking into them each morning I awoke wasn't worth it. This truly opened my eyes to how mentally difficult chronic pain can be to live with and it shows no mercy no matter how tough you had thought you once were. This is when Dr Roundy reached out to me without any knowledge of my current condition, but simply knowledge that the probability of where I was pretty likely. I just had my 4th surgery 2 weeks ago and it was a total revision of the 1st failed lumbar fusion 18 months prior. When I awoke in recover Dr Roundy was there and explained to me all 4 bolts and hardware and toggled loose and he could visually see both nerve roots being pinched my loose hardware which also cause a lot of other damage after coming loose. This answered 18 months of hundreds of questions myself and my loved ones had always had on our mind. He then explained exactly what he did differently and looked me straight in the eye and said your this chapter of your life is finally going to be over and you will some day soon put it all behind you and move on in a some gets similar way as I once had. This was the one and only time I came out of just recovery confident my problems were resolved. It truly meant the world to me. After spending nearly 5 days in the hospital after the 1st lumbar fusion I left around noon the following day after this one and had all the confidence in the world that Dr Roundy was absolutely right and this was going to be the final chapter of my story. I hadn't felt that stable or strong for almost 3 years and this was barely 24 hours post surgery. Since the surgery he has done 10 times the follow up to see how things were than all 3 previous surgeons had done combined. I just had my first post operation spot yesterday and the same words he looked me straight in the eye in recovery he confidentally told me again. I can't say I owe my life to him only because it was never a life or death situation, but I will say I owe the quality of life I will now finally live again I owe to Dr Roundy and I thank God each and everyday for placing this amazing Dr in my life at the most critical time since my back every began showing signs of pain. Dr Roundy is truly in the 1 percentile when it comes to nureuosurgeons and if you need any surgical procedure done trust me when I say call and schedule the first available appt you can with him and you will see what I have just shared for yourself.

September 23rd, 2010

Very professional and informational. Could not ask for a better interaction with a physician. Met Dr. Roundy while in the emergency department for back problems.

September 9th, 2010

nice doctor

did some charity work and met him that way. strange sense of humor but nice guy and caring doctor.

August 18th, 2017