A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Neil Schaffner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Neil Schaffner is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schaffner
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Schaffner Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Neil Schaffner, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Pituitary Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaffner graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schaffner has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Prattville Baptist Hospital
- Baptist Medical Center South
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Neil Edward Schaffner MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Neil E. Schaffner practice?
- Dr. Neil Schaffner has 2 office locations.
Dr. Neil Schaffner practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Opelika, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Montgomery, AL.
See Opelika Internists and Opelika Endocrinologists.