Dr. Neil Schaffner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Neil Schaffner?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Neil Schaffner?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 16th, 2017

Great endocrinologist and very knowledgeable.

June 24th, 2016

On our first visit Dr. Schaffner was personable and seemed to care about my daughters condition with thyroid cancer. On our second visit It was like Dr. Jekyell and Mr. Hyde or should I say Dr. JERKell. He seemed annoyed as soon as he came in the room. (which we waited for two hours after our scheduled appt. time) I told him my daughter was experiencing fatigue and depression. He became condescending and told her straight up to learn to "deal with it" their was nothing he could do. C a sleep dr!

September 12th, 2015

Was not impressed

I heard good things about Dr. Schaffner. The Urologist I was seeing was retiring so I needed a new doctor to treat my low testosterone. Because I am in my 30s Dr. Schaffner accused me of steriod abuse because I had low T. Even thou I had documented blood work from my previous doctor, he said it was insignificant. He refused to fill my prescriptions that I have been prescribed for a couple years now. I told him he needed to call my previous doc and talk with him. He said he wouldn't because hes a urologist and shouldnt have been treating me in the first place. So if you are an elderly patient who fits the norm according to him, you should be fine. If you are however like me who has an unique case, don't waste your time on this jerk because he'll write you off as drug seeking behavior before ever reviewing your file...

February 4th, 2015

Dr Schaffner is the BEST endo Dr I've ever been to!

December 12th, 2014

back in business

I'm super excited to find out that Dr. Schaffner has reopened private practice in Opelika, AL! I've already switched back to him. For those of you that love him, he's back.

May 29th, 2014

Extremely egotistical...Primary concern seems to be diabetes..."Metabolism" should NOT be included within his medical practice office title because he projects NO desire to assist with that area although requested by patient...Extremely closed-minded to assist with medical problems addressed by patient...Makes adjustment for thyroid problem...BUT...desires to do NOTHING else...

September 25th, 2012

Growth hormone patient missing her doctor..

I had serious problems getting diagnosed until I met this doctor. Just one visit and several tests and we had a solution. I started feeling better almost immediately. Since he left his practice I have been seeing another Endo in Atlanta, but that doctor changed my treatment. I am much worst now and I can't convince him to change my treatment back. If anyone finds a way to get in to see Dr Schaffner please share the word with his patients that were on growth hormone treatment. We really need his help.

May 11th, 2010

Ex patient

Dr. Shaffner left his private practice to go to work for the VA. This left a lot of his patients totally screwed. Have been trying to find an endo for quite a while now, and no Doctor in Montgomery wants to take any of his ex-patients. I wonder why?

June 1st, 2009

Too bad he's closing his practice effective 7/10/2009

Good doctore, but he's closing his practice to work woth the VA Hospital - go figure....

April 29th, 2009

Seems very caring. I can't go back as he does not accept insurance and he is too expensive. With the bad economy I'm sure he will lose busines by not accepting insurance.

July 15th, 2008

I came away most impressed with his caring attitude

That was a huge difference from my experiences with another endocrinologist in this city. I feel like I will have a true care "team" after leaving his office.

February 20th, 2017