Neil Shaffer DO Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Crown Point, IN

July 7th, 2012
Total lack of care for patient in ER
I was in a car accident recently. Dr Schaffer was the DO I saw in the ER. I injured my back. I am 3 yrs off of a serious back injury where I fractured 5 vertebrae, and still have many issues related to it including major back spasms. When I arrived to the ER where Schaffer was working, firstly he was totally uninterested in anything I had to say regarding me or my injury. He directed his staff to basically dump me off of the back board I was on, because I was brought in full c-spine. They offered me an IM injection of torodol which I refused b/c I wasn't familiar w it, I asked for plain ibuprofen. Never got it. I was in the ER for nearly 4 hours and was NEVER treated for pain. I asked at least half a dozen times, and never received anything for pain.

January 10th, 2011
He fixed a really bad cut on my sons face. It looks great now. Excellent doctor.

October 5th, 2010
Took exceptional care of my son
My son was terrified about going to the emergency room. Dr. Shaffer put his mind at ease and even made him laugh. He made the right diagnosis quickly, treated us appropriately, and discharged us in less than an hour. Exceptional visit.

February 14th, 2009
made me feel my problem was important to him even though it was no where near serious