Dr. Neil Shechtman MD Patient Reviews

March 11th, 2015
Registered nurse
Iam an RN I feel MD has no concept of how to handle complex care. I basically was called a liar and that the highest cause of death for nurses was to treat themselves medically without knowledge of how to do it. I attempted to give past medical hx. and was told that the diagnosis could not be possible. I have contacted my MD from Cincinnati and my records will be coming. Yes Doctor you can see EKG change from untreated HTN .. yes Doctor calcium channel blockers can cause Vascular dermatitis .. Yes Doctor Uncontrolled DM II and sleep apnea can be cured by gastric bypass .. Yes Doctor I have a "fatty liver" ..I lost 200 lbs .... The reason I came to you was to find the cause for explicit symptoms ..you hush me every time I attempt to speak, calling me baby hold on baby and you have never heard my chief complaints! I do not Doctor shop I do not take drugs I have had 2 PCP only because insurance change or it would be one . Doctor I am not an alcoholic I would tell you, I will tell you I am a Christain with firm belief in truth and following the golden rule which is Christs greatest commandment .. To love one another. Dr. Shechtman you're in the wrong field!

September 24th, 2013
Not Happy at All with Dr. Schechtman's Lack of Response
Dr. Schechtman has been my elderly mother's doctor for a few years. He infrequently 'bothers' her with tests or pays attention beyond the annual check-off. My brothers and I have been suspicious for the last 5 years that our mother has had troubling symptoms but Dr. Schechtman didn't seem to investigate. Twice in the last 18 months we've had to demand references to specialists for dire symptoms. During that time she has been in the emergency room 3 times. When we called Dr. Schechtman, he neglected to return calls to my brothers even when his office staff promised he would. After six unreturned calls, we were forced to find medical attention for her from a professional who is more responsive.

February 7th, 2011
Patient Care
Over the last few decades I have seen bedside manner become obsolete. Neil S Shechtman, MD is the example every Doctor and office staff should model after. I am sure there are flaws if you look hard enough or are just one of those miserable type people who always find fault. I had some serious health issues that I have put off because I have no insurance. In the past I have gone to a few Drs. to get help. They cost me A LOT of time and money, but never helped. I was a revolving checkbook while they practiced medicine. This Dr took time to talk to me and ask me the right questions. He was able to cut to the chase on a lot of tests I needed and diagnosed my issues in a few visits. My care is going to be on going for life, and although he is not cheap, he is affordable and understanding. He is up on the new drugs but is not afraid to stick with the tried and true medications. He is no pharmaceutical companies puppet. He is down to earth with a real interest in his work. He is not just in the business for the money, I feel he is in the medical field to make a difference in the lives of his patients. I only speak for myself when I say, he enhanced my quality of life 100%. That came from actually caring about me, not just going through the motions.

September 24th, 2009
Avoid this doctor
Three visits (paying) to get the results of tests he ordered. I already had the same tests done from an emergency room visit. The office staff was unable to access them (blame it on the computer) the first visit, although I was promised when I made the appointment that the resuts would be there upon my arrival. The doctor recommended I have the tests done again (at the same laboratory, as it turns out) saying not to worry, Medicare would pay. Second visit...still no results and still no computer access. Third visit the results were there, but Shecthman did nothing but go over the results with me and recommend other specialists. He never physically examined me.

August 26th, 2009
Very pleased!
Dr. Shechtman is THE doctor in town! He is very well known and liked, and is also an amazing doctor! He is compassionate, patient, and really cares about his patients. We never leave his office without having a thorough understanding of what ails us. Highly recommended.

July 12th, 2009
best and the only doctor i trust
He has never hurt me and always fixes my problems.