Internists, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs), Sleep Medicine Specialist
Video profile
55 Old Nyack Tpke
Suite 301
Nanuet, NY 10954
845-770-5000
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Misdiagnosed  |  show details
by Not pleased on Oct 9th, 2013

He only cares about lining his pockets. He and his staff are rude and argumentative. The referrals he sent me to were quacks who wanted to do unnecessary proceedures. Run, don't walk, to another doctor!

|  Good Doctor, horrible staff  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

The Doctor is competent. Unfortunately, his office manager will pretty much guarantee your need to find a new physician. Billing issues, incorrect prescriptions called into pharmacy, serious attitude problem, argumentative about everything.I would suggest finding someone else if you like your sanity.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

I recommend Dr. Shinder without any reservations.

|  Bad experience  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

I can not echo the other patient's reviews. My experience with Dr. Neil Shinder was terrible. Just terrible. He would not listen to me, he did not care what my symptoms or history were. When I went back to see him a second time (which I should never have done) he had no recollection of me or my medical needs. He was ill informed, insisted that I buy a CPAP machine which my new doctor has proved that I do not need, and his communication skills were infantile at best. A very unpleasant experience.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2011

I must echo Dr. Shinder's other patient's comments ('08)! I changed primary care physicians to Dr. Shinder 2 years ago because I needed a physical for work and my doctor didn't have an opening. I can't remember having such a thorough review of my medical history during a routine physical. Dr. Shinder heard me cough - something I've just gotten used to having for over 50 years that gets worse at season changes (Fall and Spring). He told me that I have Asthma! I never knew there was something I could do about that cough! My quality of life has dramatically improved under his care! And the women who assist in the office are wonderful! Pleasant, respectful, efficient and informative!

|  Excellent practitioner. You will be happy!  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2008

He is an excellent physician. He is a good listener. Very thorough in his follow-up. Very caring, very patient. Thorough in establishing diagnosis, considerate of personal finances and insurance in recommending appropriate follow-up. And just a real nice guy. And his office staff are very accomodating, pleasant.