Overall Review

2.5

August 24th, 2016
Is very thorough and efficient. I have been seeing Dr. Stahl for 2.5 years for severe osteoporosis and after following his direction, have seen a marked improvement. He also oversees my scleroderma treatment with much success. I haven't felt this good in several years. Kudos to the whole staff.

July 11th, 2016
Scleroderma with Interstitial Lung Disease
Not only was Dr. Stahl able to make an accurate diagnosis promptly but also referred me to a world-renowned specialist who saw me within days. Dr. Stahl oversaw the specialist's recommended treatment at a hospital close to my home to save me travel to another state. My treatment was handled quickly and professionally with positive results and no further progression of my lung fibrosis at this time. While Dr. Stahl sometimes comes across as a little lacking in the warm and fuzzy department, his skills as a physician are top-notch. If you're looking for a first-rate rheumatologist, Dr. Stahl's your man.

February 27th, 2016
Ecellence

March 31st, 2015
After meeting with several doctors relating to my continuing pain in my cervical spine and my left arm - rotator cuff area and receiving very little relief, I consulted with Dr. Stahl and, following his directions, received significant relief from my pain.

April 19th, 2013
WORST DOCOTR I HAVE EVER SEEN....EVER!!!! DO NOT GO TO HIM.
This was the biggest joke of a doctors appointment. I had one simple question for the doctor about an abnormal lab from some recent blood work that was done. He had absolutely NO answer for me as to why it was high or what a high number could be indicative of. Once he realized that was the only question I had for him and our appointment was finished he then had me go into an exam room where he did a short arthritis exam on my joints. I never mentioned arthritis or that having anything to do with the reason I was seeing him. I am certain he was just doing this to make my appointment longer so he could bill me more and charge me for a LEVEL 4 appointment. When I was leaving I asked him why I was being charged for a LEVEL 4 appointment and he very aggressively and rudely said bc I gave you a full exam. LOL, I didn't need one or want one all I wanted him to do was answer my one question which he never even did. Total joke. This man should not be practicing medicine. He seems unhappy with his profession. As soon as I sat down in his office and started to explain why I was there he stopped me mid sentence and said "this is my space, I talk first". He has no people skills. Then when I was leaving I told him my appointment was a joke and I would be writing a bad review for him and he literally said to me, "if I could write reviews about patients it would be one's like you"! WOW, who says that to a patient?!? He is the worst.

October 19th, 2012
Don't Waste Your time With The Rudest, Disrespectful Dr ever
Dr. Stahl is rude, disrespectful, uncaring, doesn"t listen and is a waste of your time and money! go somewhere else, anywhere. Waited over one hour to sit and listen to him talk, interrupt me, basically tell me he had little time for me and didnt know why I was there. I will also give my referring primary an earful about referring this guy to anyone. Stay away!

September 25th, 2012
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!
Neil Stahl is the WORST doctor I've ever encountered. He seriously needs a mental evaluation and should not be practicing medicine. Doctors are suppose to help patients feel better, not worse. The office staff are also unprofessional to say the least. Just be warned...he is the one that needs medical attention. I frankly do not understand how he's still in business!!!

June 11th, 2012
Don't believe the hype
I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt but I should have listened to this forum. When I arrived at his office, I waited over an hour to be called back. Once I got called back, the dr. came in and spent 5 minutes with me asking questions. He then left me for 45 more minutes to see another patient. He came back to the room and moved me to another exam room to complete the exam. The exam consisted of him looking for tender joints and nothing more. He didn't ask me to clarify my symptoms I documented on the new patient paperwork and overall was scatterbrained and not thorough in his explanations. I spent 2 hours and 45 minutes total in his office and am no better off than when I went in, actually worse because of the sitting. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DR. STAHL!!

February 13th, 2012
Registered Nurse with Lupus (SLE) & Ehlers-Danlos
I saw Dr. Stahl as a consult when I waS a patient in the hospital. He was very rushed, rude, cuts you off when you speak, and uncaring. Horrible bedside manner. I am a Registered Nurse and am used to dealing with MDs on both a professional level and as a patient. Dr. Stahl was just plain unprofessional. Another thing is that I have good insurance and he came to see me as a consult in the hospital. No one told me I would have to pay out of pocket for this visit or that he didn't accept my insurance. My hospitalist request his consult, not me. Yet a month after my hospitalization, I received a bill for >$400 for his visit. I called his office immediately and was told that he doesn't accept my insurance and therefore I am responsible for the bill. No one told me this in the hospital or before he saw me. I never would have agreed to this. Especially considering he was so rushed and dismissive with me. Probably the worst experience I have ever had with a physician.

February 9th, 2012
Rude, Dismissive, & Nasty
First, he will not allow you to speak. He asks the questions and you are allowed either a yes or no response. If you try to elaborate, he stops you. A previous reviewer is absolutely correct to say: "You will never be treated worse by a doctor." Then he starts dictating your responses to his questions into a recorder. I sat there, demoralized and humiliated until I exploded, telling him he was rude and caustic. He needs counseling, not me. I don't know how someone so rude can stay in business.

July 9th, 2011
Nasty personality!!!
You will never be treated worse by a doctor! He doesn't let you complete sentences, keeps saying: "I don't need to know that". Doesn't share lab results with you. Spreads tests and treatment to keep you coming back. Nasty if you asks questions and annoyed if you correct the erroneous information he's recording about you. I am willing to pay triple not to ever have to see a doctor like him!!!!

June 17th, 2011
Had to find a new doctor
At first it was impossible to make an appointment. The earliest they could get me in was the following month. Then apparently someone canceled and I was given an appointment the following week.At first, I was told I was in pain because of pulled muscles, then because I was double jointed and I was wearing the wrong kind of shoes. It came across to me that I was just wasting his time. The staff was unprofessional. One of the nurses told me "You need to get used to it, you'll be dealing with it for the rest of your life." Not something comforting to say to a scared 23 year old. As another review pointed out, he would keep me in his office while he dictated his notes and wouldn't allow me to correct him when he made an error. My mother, who is an RN at a local hospital, accompanied me to one visit and was appalled by the bedside manner of the doctor and staff.Stahl never actually diagnosed my problem and I was still in constant pain. Finally, after months of no progress, I found another doctor in my network that finally helped to manage my arthritis and the pain is finally gone.