Dr. Neil Wangstrom MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 6 reviews

October 8th, 2015
The entire staff was pleasant and helpful in explaining my son's condition! The Doctor spent a lot of time with us and no question went unanswered!

September 14th, 2015
He spent very little time with me and actually told me he had to go because he had another patient waiting. I have a lesion on my ear and he immediately said surgery without even taking a biopsy on it. I left the office with a very uneasy feeling and haven't went back.

August 26th, 2013
Not Happy at All
I was referred by my family doctor to see a specialist due to ringing in the ears and also several bouts with vertigo. I was seen by their audiologist who tested my hearing and then sent to see their nurse practitioner. She indicated to me that I had an inner ear imbalance that needed some physical therapy. She also sent me to another audiologist who ran a series of balance tests on me and said that I needed physical therapy to work with the imbalance. I went to physical therapy and was seen once. The P/T said it was a matter of training my brain to compensate for some hearing loss which could be dealt with without further visits. I had a follow up at the Dr. office with the nurse practitioner who said the tests from the audiologists did not show anything significant and suggested I have an MRI of my ear canals and organs inside my ear. She told me, and made a record in my chart, to call me immediately after the results were returned from the MRI to let me know what was found. I went in for the MRI, and was told by the tech who gave he MRI that the results would be returned to the Dr. in 3 days. After 11 days of not hearing anything from them I gave the office a call....the person I spoke with took my information and told me someone would call be back quickly with the results. After 7 hours I am still waiting. I was scheduled for another follow up to see how I am doing for one month after my initial visit. I do not plan on going back no matter what is finally discovered. The entire time I have not dealt with the Doctor and been see by audiologists and a NP. That is not what I consider being referred to a specialist. Very poor patient services.

May 13th, 2011
Second Opinion
My impression of him was that he did not know what he was doing and going to him for a second opinion was a waste of time. My first ENT was on the right path to a diagnosis and he ordered a test similar to what had already been done and actually was not needed. He wanted to do a biopsy/removal of an enlarged lymph node but my original doctor ordered a needle biopsy which showed there was no serious issue. He actually scared me by his approach to the problem which turned out to be nothing.

April 22nd, 2011
Exceptional Visits
My overall experience for my problem was handled professionally by the physician. I came in well read on what I thought the problem was so I could blast him with questions. The Dr. smiled and answered them all with ease. I didn't feel rushed. Surgery is coming up. :) I'm in good hands.

June 5th, 2010
Don't go to Wangstrom's office
I was referred by my family doctor to see a specialist. However, his office uses a nurse practitioner (NP) to diagnose patient. This NP didnt take care of a problem. The follow up appointment was also with her. It was a waste of time and money. I had to find other real specialists. Make sure to visit a clinic that has no NP. Some doctors just want to make extra money by using NP. It is disgusting. An NP is not a specialist. Dont act like one.