Dr. Nektarios Demetriou Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nektarios Demetriou?

April 13th, 2016

Couldn't ask for a better doctor!

February 29th, 2016

I love that Dr. Demetriou is a teaching Dr. He explains everything in detail to you. Great bedside manner and as soon as I told him my symptoms, he diagnosed me quickly and correctly. I highly recommend him.

October 14th, 2015

Completely disregarding of clients/patients

I really thought after meeting Dr, Demetriou that he was going to be a great doctor. Unfortunately, immediately after leaving I realized the error in my thinking. The office staff is condescending at best. I was given a 3 day sample of a much needed medication before I left with the instruction of calling Monday to refill. I did call Monday at which time I was told they were only open until 5 pm. I work in Clearwater until 5 so that wasn't going to work. I was then told by his staff that I could come by Tuesday as long as I was there by 7 when they close. I agreed. On Tuesday I left work early as to not risk being late, I showed up at 6:20 to a handwritten sign on the door of their office that they decided to close early. No one called me to let me know, I left work early for no reason. I called and left messages which went unanswered until I called back after 10 am on Wednesday. They insincerely apologized and told me that they have too many patients to call them all, so I was the lucky one who won out. They called in the script to my pharmacy (which they could have done Monday but I guess they thought it would be more fun to have me jump through hoops). Turns out the script wasn't covered by insurance and was going to run $300. I called them back and asked them to prescribe something else like Trazadone (a very frequently used sleep aid) to which they felt "uncomfortable" without him seeing me (ie. making more money). They DID suggest I come by tonight to get another sample but I would have to be there no later than 5 pm, which isn't an option for me since I left early yesterday for no reason. They were unwilling to help and made it perfectly clear to me that I was not a priority client to them. BEWARE their office hours are up to their discretion and you may rearrange your life to find that they decided to go home.

April 6th, 2012

Waste of time...

Every diabetic has a different story to tell. Unfortunately, Dr. Demetriou wasn't interested in listening to my story. This resulted in me feeling like he wasn't taking me seriously. This doctor proscribed me the wrong medications, wasn't very prompt with his appointment, and gave me the feeling that he is very arrogant even dimissive. I will not be visiting this doctor again, and telling all my family and friends to avoid him.

October 4th, 2017