Dr. Nellie Whitaker MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2017
Dr. Whitaker was my doctor for almost 30 years. She is a very caring professional woman. She left the practice a year ago. I miss her very much. The wait time to see her was long. But when you were being see, you never felt like she was in a hurry to get to the next patient. She took all the time you needed to address any issue. She was a wonderful doctor.

November 4th, 2015
Great for implementing healthy lifestyle
Great physician! Very informed about medicine and lifestyle changes needed for healthy living

July 10th, 2014
Mr.
Appointment time meant nothing! Never got a chance to see Dr. - left after 1.25hrs. BTW, I was the only person in the waiting room. The office is old and dirty. Very unprofessional operation.

October 2nd, 2013
Run. That's all. Just run. I had a horrible time scheduling my appointment (it was like explaining to my toddler how to do pre-calc), the office was dirty and strange, and then I waited for 90 minutes before being seen. When I was actually seen, she seemed to have no idea what was going on. I will not be going back and I would strongly recommend to not try this office/doctor, unless you are making a documentary? Or some type of comedy movie in which the patients are portrayed as fools?

September 28th, 2013
Don't do this!
Dr. Whitaker is an excellent physician who genuinely cares about each patient. BUT - she competely disregards clocks, appointment times, etc., and routinely runs 2-3.5 hours behind schedule. (It is not the fault of the front office staff - they are directed to make 20 min appts.) The practice refuses to hire or spend money to retain skilled nursing staff. They still use paper records (inefficient, obsolete). She converted to a vegan diet several years ago and that is her constant, constant mantra - Go Vegan - which will cure all ills. She means well, but it has become too stressful to put up with all the aggravation when there are other, caring doctors out there.

September 4th, 2013
The Very Best
She is brilliant and caring, she listens to you, and she spends her time with each patient. You will not find a better doctor. I am so grateful for her and know that she has my best interest at heart. She takes the time to keep up with the latest studies and information about health, procedures, and how diet can significantly impact your health. I am so very thankful for Dr. Whitaker!! She is the very best!

November 2nd, 2012
Waiting time to see the doctor was excrutiatingly long. She is extremely professional, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She deals with any problem I'm having at the time and doesn't just hand me a prescription and say go away. I've never felt rushed when I'm speaking to her and that may explain the long wait.

September 27th, 2012
Best doctor ever
She has saved my life on more than one occasion.

August 1st, 2012
Irresponsible
I went to Dr. Whitaker for the first time because I needed a physical that I needed for a school program I was in. The exam was fine, until the end. I am a bit overweight and instead of discussing the benefits of exercise and diet, she went right into bariatric surgery options! I don't know if she is being paid by someone to advertise, but I was highly offended as surgery is NOT a first resort to weight loss. She was telling me that the surgery is one of the safest. No, surgery is not one of the safest options if not needed. I find it irresponsible of a practitioner to recommend that right off the bat to a young, capable person.I would never go to her again, in fact, I'd like to retract all my information from her office.

July 23rd, 2012
Spends quality time with patient
I have been going to Dr.Whitaker for abour 11 years. She is a very thorough doctor. Although, I have to wait too long to see her, she always spend quality time with me. I think she is a great doctor and she does things the old fashioned way.

December 28th, 2011
I FINALLY found a new doctor
I waited 3 hours past my appt. time to see her during my last visit. That was it. I found another doctor in Crofton. He's fantastic & I never wait more than 5 minutes to see him.

October 3rd, 2011
Quack of a Dr.
Dr. Nellie Whitaker is a doctor that believes that no one should be mildly over weight.I first went to see her and had to wait over 2 hours past my appointment time. Being this was my first visit they could have at least informed me that she was running behind when I checked in. Thank God for Netflix or else I would have been in a rage once I got to see her. After waiting over 2 hours I was then escorted in the back where an nurses assistant that reaked of burnt cigarets took my blood pressure, weight and height and once again I was back playing the waiting game. 20 minutes later Dr. W strolls through the door like everything was normal.After examining me for approximately 20 minutes (feeling around my ankles, feeling my neck and listening to my breathing) she told me that she was very very worried about me. She informed me that I have sleep apnea and that it would be best if I contacted (or she could put me in contact) with a Dr. that specializes in lap band tests.I am 5' 6" 200 lbs and am very active. I have never once been told by any doctor that I have such problems or that I need to go to such extreme measures with in 20 minutes of being looked at and with no physical tests.She informed me that I need to change my eating habits and try to eat less meat. Now it is time for me to re-up on one of my prescriptions and she is denying the renewal until I go see another doctor. Needless to say she just lost another patient.