A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nels Thygeson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thygeson
Birth Control Patient Education Patient information guide about birth control and various types of reversable and irreversable contraception techniques.Before Visiting Dr. Thygeson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nels Thygeson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Thygeson graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Thygeson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Alameda Hospital
- Alta Bates Summit Med Ctr -No, Oakland, Ca
- Alta Bates Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nels Marcus Thygeson MD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Nels M. Thygeson practice?
- Dr. Nels Thygeson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Nels Thygeson practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Minneapolis, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Berkeley, CA.
See Minneapolis Internists and Minneapolis Gastroenterologists.